4.8
Bottom-Freezer Refrigerators
Maytag
MBR1953YES
Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

Maytag MBR1953YES 18.5 cu. ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator \ Gallon Storage \ 4 Spill Proof Glass Shelves \ Ice Maker \ Humidity-Controlled Crisper

Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

4.8

• Large kitchen (3)
    • Personal (3)

My best machine

from Us.san.42

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Flimsy Shelves

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

That is the best machine in my kitchen

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Maytag make good Freezer

from Guanica, PR

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Flimsy Shelves

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This Freezer is really cooooooooooold, Im lovin it.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Spacious and durable!

from India

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Noisy

• 2nd Refrigerator
  • Small Kitchens

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

It is one of the most spacious fridges I have ever owned. It is same as other traditional fridges but lots of storage for storing all my foods.
Noise Level
It does produce some noise while working and I myself notice it from time to time, but it is not annoying at all.
Interior Organization
It has customizable shelves and the doors can store gallons of drinking items like milk, juices, sauces, etc.
Temperature Control
There is absolutely no problem with the temperature. I set the temperature at my desired level and basically forget it.
Just remove the shelves and other parts and you are ready to clean the fridge with some water and a soap.
It looks strong from outset and well poised to last for many years. I never had a significant problem with it till now.

Great Fridge/Freezer

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

We have this refrigerator in our garage as our second refrigerator for extra food and drinks. It works great and we have had no problems with it since we got about 1 1/2 years ago. I love how the freezer is on the bottom and has the pullout drawer. I am able to put quite a bit of extra food to freeze in here. We mostly use the fridge part to keep most of our drinks and bulk item foods in there. During the holidays I can put most of the food I am preparing in this fridge and then I put all of the leftovers in there and I still have plenty of room for all of the food and drinks we normally keep in there. We are very happy with this refrigerator and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Noise Level
It is very quiet. I never really hear it running when I am in the garage, which is where we have ours to use as an extra fridge/freezer.

Interior Organization
The shelving in this is great and it has a lot of room in it. It helps me keep everything more organized.

The shelves are very easy to clean. I just use a warm damp cloth or lysol wipes to wipe down the shelves and everything.

• Temperature Control:

Convenient and Practical but limited freezer space

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I recently upgraded from an old refridgerator that was in working order except for the ice maker. Being an avid ice-water drinker, having plenty of ice was a big concern. I was through with ice trays and 10-pound bags of ice are big, heavy and took up half my freezer space. So in starting my research for a new fridg I knew that it absolutely had to have a built in ice maker, I wanted stainless and it had to fit in the relatiely small space. Many fridges today and getting larger and larger. I needed something more traditional in size but with the new design elements.
I love the fridge on top and freezer on the bottom. Naturally, I am in the fridge more than the freezer so it just makes sense. I had a great time setting up the shelves drawers, making it all very customizable. I was able to fit everything in with room to spare. Since the shelves are at eye level, it's fairly easy to see everything, even the little jars of pickles in back. The doors magnetic closure is quite stronge and something takes more than a yank to open but other than that, I love the fridge.
The freezer does not have as much usable space as my previous freezer. With a rack that slides conveniently back and forth to create an upper and lower level, I have to be sure that everything below is tightly packed so as not to inhibit the rack from sliding over it. The upper rack does not hold much since nearly half is taken up by the icemaker. I was forewarned about over loading the rack as it would make it more difficult to pull out so most items have to squish in the lower space. On the up-side, the icemaker is wonderful and I've decided to just store less in the freezer and make due. I love the light in the freezer. Why didn't we have that before??? All in all, it's a quality product that is fitting the needs of me and my husband quite well. I'm not sure I would reccommend this refridgerator to families with children or people who cook or entertain a lot.

Noise Level
Generally quiet but the ice maker makes some noise which is to be expected. How can it dump ice without any sound?

Interior Organization
Great. Everything at eye level and spacious

Seperate Fridge and Freezer controls!! Gotta love it

Tempered glass shelves are a breeze to wipe down. No bending!

I don't have little kids running their trikes into it but it seems solid and sturdy to me

I will never go back to a top freezer again. I'm also so pleased with this refridgerator that I am glad I decided against the side-by-side

• Temperature Control:

easy access for the working mom.

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Love the design. I had been looking for a design like this. when I get home from work the las thing i want to do is dig through the refriderator looking for something to eat. this refridgerator lets me pick out my food with ease because it is so easy to organize. i love this product.

Spacious Fridge on top!

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

We've owned this fridge for 7 years and never had a problem with it.

Noise Level
I do notice that I hear it since our living room is right of the kitchen, but it doesn't interfere with watching tv.

Interior Organization
It has two really deep drawers for fruit/veggies. I love the space you get to hold lots in the door. The door storage is deep enough to hold gallons of milk, which is convenient if I am hosting a party and need my shelves to hold the dinner platters.

Temperature Control
I've never had an issue with the temperature. I keep it always set at the same temp year round.

I find this stainless steal on the outside to clean up with ease. I prefer to use a furniture polish to keep it shiny and leave a nice protective coat to resist smudging/fingerprints from our children. Inside the fridge is easy to wipe down with a dish cloth.

My only complaint is that the white trim on the inside shelves is starting to peel, however after using this for 7 years the wear and tear seems accurate.

Great!!

from Atlanta, MI

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Keeps things cold love the top frig & lots more space. Even the pull out freezer is great and holds a lot of stuff. I thought the drawer would make it harder to access the items but if you organize it right it's actually really easy.

Noise Level
A little loud when thing are really quiet but only occasionally and nothing too obnoxious.

Awesome!!

Love the ease of cleaning the frig and being able to easily see if something spilt.

Haven't had it very long so hard to tell.

the design of this frig is perfect. We have a small space for a frig (house was built in 1929). the kitchen is not too small but they didn't have big frigs back then so we needed something small. Finally found this small frig for a decent price (seems like the smaller ones were more expensive than the larger ones). this frig is small but still has a ton of room it was designed very well for optimum use of storage. Love the vegetable & fruit drawers which are humidity controlled my fruits & vegetables last way longer now. The door has gallon size removable shelves and hold a ton of condiments milk juice etc.

• Temperature Control:

Loving my Maytag bottom freezer!

from Woodland Hills, CA

Comments about Maytag 18.5 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

We put off getting a new refrigerator for some time thinking we couldn't afford it, our space wasn't big enough for the new styles, etc... we were so thrilled to find the Maytag fridge with a bottom freezer! I was drawn to this style first because I remember our fridge when I was a kid was like this but it really makes so much sense, right? With four of us in the house and friends running in and out all weekend the fridge door is always open and everything is now at eye level. I was hoping that what appeared as a smaller fridge area would hold everything and it does and then some! There is plenty of room plus all the shelves in the door gives even more space! The shelves are deep enough for party platters too. As for the freezer, I can't even tell you how much we enjoy having it on the bottom! We used to cram everything into the freezer and forget half the stuff in there. You have too, right? lol Now everything is stacked so neatly and organized. I can find everything in there. Love, love, love it! An extra bonus to the new fridge is, of course, the better energy star quality, stainless steel finish and ice maker!

Noise Level
I never hear it unless I am in it when it kicks on and it is such a faint hum, you don't even realize.

Interior Organization
Great size, adjustable shelves, huge bins and lots of side shelves on the door.

Temperature Control
Our old fridge cold very unevenly with things freezing on some shelves but this one is very even and consistent.

shelves come out easily if need be making cleaning a breeze.

So far so good. The nice finish doesn't even show any wear on it. Inside looks new... when I clean it!

I honestly don't have any complaints. It was well thought out and I have more then enough room for every day condiments, big platters, milk jugs, etc...