Other Washing Machines:
MHW6000XG
Maytag

Summary

Maytag MHW6000XG 27" Front-Load Washer with 4.3 cu. ft. Capacity, 11 Cycles, IntelliTemp, IntelliFill, PowerWash Cycle, Allergen Cycle, Energy Star CEE Tier III Qualified and Built-In Water Heater: Cosmetallic

Outstanding Machine

from Lake Geneva Wisconsin

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Heavy/Bulky Items
    • Towels

Comments about Maytag:

We love this machine!! :) We have had it now for 6 years and we have not had one thing go wrong with it (knock on wood now). This is by far the best machine I have ever owned and we have own several. If I were to buy another machine it would be this model or the next model up that is available if the model was no longer available. Maytag nice Job on a well made machine. It has such a large Capacity, we actually own this model in the larger capacity the MHW6000XG2. Thank you!!!!

Warranty worthless when other parts are obsolete

from GA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about Maytag:

I own a Maytag Maxima 6000 washer. It was supposed to last a good 10 years - at least, according to the fact that is has a 10 year drum/motor warranty, I took that into account when I purchased my machine.

My washer suffered a minor injury in a move, such that the front control panel and electrical board were broken. Easy fix (not too terribly pricey, when compared with buying a brand new machine of equal caliber).......unless they no longer make that part.

Apparently, there is nothing that can be done because that particular part is not actually under warranty. So, even though I am perfectly willing to pay for that part because my machine should theoretically last me another 5+ years, Maytag customer service rep "Blake 6181" believes there is nothing anyone can do for me there at the Maytag corporation.

So, I am here to let the public know NOT to believe Maytag's lengthy warranty claims......if the part you need is not actually under warranty, they might decide they will not make it anymore - and then you are just out of luck - your appliance doesn't actually get to live its full life, and apparently Maytag really just doesn't care at all that you wasted your money.