3.8
Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara

Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara

3.8

Maybelline XXL Volume + Length Microbiber Mascara

**Maybelline XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara** has been in my assortment of cosmetics for several months now.  Just recently I decided that I needed to clear some of these items out, especially some of the eye products that were getting close to the garbage time.  I don't like to keep mascaras for more than six months.  I remembered used **Maybelline XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara **before and had chunked it into the bottom of my case because it was a pain having to wait for the conditioner to dry before applying the mascara first thing in the mornings getting ready for work.  I'm always in a rush and this just didn't fit into the routine.  So, on mornings when I'm a little ahead of schedule I pull out **Maybelline XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara**.**Maybelline XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara **contains a conditioning formula on one side and mascara on the opposite end.  When you screw off the end cap, a wand will appear instead of pulling the application wand out of a normal tube.  I decided to test the theory and see if using the conditioner on one side only would visibly show a difference.  I applied the white conditioner to one eye and then the other.  I let it dry for several minutes and came back and applied mascara to one eye only.  It really does help define your lashes and lengthen them, but isn't that what mascara is all about?  I get the same results from other brands--nice long and full lashes.  The next day I tried the mascara without the conditioner on one eye.  They eye with the conditioner looked best.  These two formulas work well together and work to a degree.  I really think that **Maybelline XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara **is only slightly better than average in performance and you have the extra step of applying conditioner and letting it dry before applying mascara.  Ewww!  I don't know about you but I don't always have time for this.

Nothing special here...

I needed a new tube of mascara and quickly grabbed one from the make-up aisle at Target.  The **Maybelline Intense XXL** package caught my eye. I use waterproof mascara [I have allergy eyes] and that was the criteria I used to make my purchase. Unfortunately, I didn't take the time to read the small print.The first time I used the mascara I unscrewed the end and was surprised to see that the brush was white!  I was expecting black.  It was at that time I fished the packaging out of the wastebasket and finally read the directions.There are two ends to the Maybelline Intense XXL mascara.  First, apply the end marked #1.  This coats the lashes with a white film.  It looks a bit weird at this point.  Screw that applicator back in to its end.  Next, apply the #2 end over the white basecoat.  This is supposed to lengthen the lashes by 60% while adding 7X the volume.**My Viewpoint:**I have found the mascara to be average at best.  It is waterproof.  It doesn't smudge or clump and it lasts for hours.  I have not seen any flaking as well but when it comes to making my lashes appear much longer and fuller I can't say it lives up to its promises.  Taking into account the fact that the mascara has to be applied in two steps it takes extra time for average results.  I doubt I will buy another tube.**Additional Details:**The mascara is dermatologist approved and contact safe.  It is a washable mascara and can be removed with soap and water.**Ingredients:**Water Aqua , Paraffin , Acrylates Copolymer , Beeswax Cera Alba , Stearic Acid , Carnauba/Carnauba Wax , Palmitic Acid , Triethanolamine , Phenoxyethanol , Aminomethyl Propanediol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Acacia/Acacia Senegal , Rayon , Panthenol , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , Methylparaben , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Disodiium EDTA , Ethylparaben , Simethicone , 2-Oleamido-1-3-Octadecanediol , Isopropylparaben , Isobutyl Paraben , Butylparaben , Titanium Dioxide CI 77891 , Water Aqua , Paraffin , Cyclopentasiloxane , Acacia/Acacia Senegal , Carnauba/Carnauba Wax , Stearic Acid , Beeswax Cera Alba , Palmitic Acid , Triethanolamine , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Dimethiconol , Phenoxyethanol , Aminomethyl Propanediol , Panthenol , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Simethicone , BHT , Trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl Myristyl Ether , Polyquaternium-10 , Rayon , Iron Oxides CI 77492 - CI 77499 - CI 77491 , D&C Black No. 2 CI 77266 , Titanium Dioxide CI 77891 , Carmine CI 75470 , Ultramarines CI 77007 , Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288 , Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289 , Manganese Violet CI 77742 , Mica , Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510

Might Work For Some People But It Didn't Work For Me

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

When I work I wear make up and it's not just a minimal amount, it's layers of it. If I don't wear mascara no amount of eye liner or eye shadow makes up the difference visually. A couple of friends mentioned the XXL Volume mascara from Maybelline and I decided to give it a try to see if I could get lush looking eye lashes. The first few times I tried it, it seemed clumpy out of the tube. I cleaned off the applicator and tried it again but my lashes weren't getting any thicker or fuller, they were just getting clumped together.

I thought maybe I got a tube that was older or out of date so I purchased another one hoping for better results. Even after cleaning the applicator and using it according to the application directions I ended up with clumped together eyelashes. That's when I asked my friends what I was doing wrong. They said that they never had that type of problem with it when they used it. I think that because it is a washable formulation there's something in it that is making it clump instead of providing volume.

I wasn't impressed with this; instead of giving me volume and lush lashes all I ended up with was clumps.

• Ease of Application:

great product

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

I tried this product because I wanted to try something new. I was not disappointed with the results I have got. It is easy to apply. This product seems to last all day without smugging. It gives my eyelashes the perfect. volume without being to dramatic. I will be buying this product again. I highly recommend the xxl volume.

• Ease of Application:

Longer, thicker eyelashes

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

My eyelashes, while long are very fair and straight. I have tried many different mascaras over the years and this product is finally one I intend to stay with.

First off, I put on the white to thicken them, then when that is dry, I use an eyelash curler and then add the color end. My eyelashes then have curl all day.

I tried the waterproof version and did not like that near as well.

This is a good product.

Maybelline Intense XXL Mascara is Amazing

from Augusta, GA

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

I'm not generally a make-up wearer but when I do wear make-up, this is the mascara I ALWAYS turn to. As a young teenager I believe I tried almost every drugstore brand of mascara. Now that I'm in my twenties and rarely wear make up, I only buy make-up I really, really like. My eyelashes are not especially long but when I use this mascara, my lashes seem to go on forever. It can take a little more time to apply the mascara because of the two different coats, but the results are worth the extra time. My lashes are always full and long without clumping unlike most mascaras that promised length and volume. I've never had any difficulty in making sure the white coat of mascara is fully covered and the black mascara (I use Black velvet) is a rich shade of black wheras other brands I've used have had a "muddy" black. Overall, I have been very impressed with this mascara throughout the years and would definitely recommend it to friends.

Maybelline NY Intense XXL mascara great for evening wear!

from Coatesville, PA

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

I have tried many mascaras and found that this one, Maybelline New York Intense XXL volume + length microfiber mascara really does do what it says - it gives you great volume and extra length.  I found that it does tend to flake a little though and I tend not to use it for normal dialy wear as I prefer a waterproof, long lasting mascara that isn't so heavy for daytime.  I don't notice any major "clumping" when I apply it as the applicator seems to divide lashes while it lengthens.  Because this is one of those mascaras where you apply the white base first then the black, you need to make sure the white as a few seconds to dry and then put on the black coat, being sure to cover all of the white coat - it really is very easy to do and has a great intensifying effect.  I used the black for a dramatic, full lashed effect.  No need for false eyelashes as your can look great just by using this mascara.

Intense volume? Intensely hard to get off is more like it!

from Gray, GA

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

It provides a pretty good amount of volume for the price. I expected a little more for all the hype, but it is a good mascara for everyday umph to your look, another layer for your night out (it will be grey by then). But if youre expecting to get it off in the morning, BEWARE! about 10 of your lashes will be gone with it!!! even with my best (and I mean BEST) makeup remover, there was still grey flakes around my lashes!

Long and thick lashes!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

This is one of my favorite mascaras. I have really short lashes and they aren't that thick.

This mascara is designed to lengthen with one side and to thicken with the other. It makes my lashes look an inch longer. One brush is white and one is black. By having two on the lashes, it does get very thick. But once again, I have thin lashes. I can use the volume. Anyone with enough volume in their lashes would not benefit from this at all (it might even look clumpy if you attempt to use it).

I start with the white and swipe my lashes twice. Then with the black, I swipe enough to cover up the white. Out of any other mascaras I've tried, this one gives me the longest lashes. It's easy enough to use because I just try to cover up the white. I know I put too much on when it gives me clumps. After using it a couple times, I was pro at knowing how much to put on.

I would definitely recommend this to women with short and thin lashes.

Brings my lashes out

from Beverly, NJ

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

This mascara is great it does not clump my lashes together and it does not smudge i have noticed some  mascaras clump lashes and when i am out in public i do not want to have that issue it is water proof and does not run this really gives my lashes great length and it makes my lashes stand out and the brush is easy to hold and easy to apply i use this all the time this is the best on the market and i have told many of my friends about this and they all say this is a great product the way it makes my lashes look makes me feel good about my self when people take notice in my face this can be found at most department stores but can always be purchased on line you can go to the covergirl web site and check it out to they have many types of mascaras to choose form i do not go any where with out a tube of this in my bag i would feel naked with out this this is a must have when you try it your self you will know what i mean

I am not impressed at all with this mascara

from Armagh, PA

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

I have  purchased and tried many different mascaras over the last few years and the Maybelline Intense XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara was my newest choice. I already have rather long lashes, so I thought that getting this mascara would give me maybe a false lash look. I also liked the idea of adding volume to my lashes. I had never heard of the microfiber type, so this was something new for me, and I didn't know what to expect. i didn't expect it, however, to be like it was. I unscrewed the first end and the mascara is white. I wasn't too fond of that to begin with. Then, when I tried applying it to my lashes it was very clumpy and did not go onto my lashes cleanly. It was hard to put on. Then, I moved onto the second end. When I opened it, I was happy to see that it was actually colored. When I tried applying it to my lashes, I had a hard time covering up the white that was already on my lashes. When I finally got them covered, I was not at all impressed with the look. My lashes were clumped together, and it just looked bad. In the end, I returned this mascara to the store and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Great for those who have short lashes.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Maybelline XXL Volume Washable Mascara:

I have short lashes that do not curl well. I have tried various types of mascaras and found this to be the best mascara. I like the brown black color and use it daily. I especially like the white mascara protein stuff that goes on first. It helps to build up volume and length. Then when I put on the dark colored side the results are immediate and amazing. I always curl my lashes with a regular lash curler before I put on this mascara and the mascara helps to hold the curl. I have gotten so many complements on my long eyelashes. People keep asking me if I have false eyelashes on and I always say, “Nope! I just use the Maybelline XXL Mascara!” They always seem to be thoroughly impressed that just mascara can give me that much length and volume. The only cons for me are the expensive price. I always wait for a good sale and coupons to buy the mascara. The other con is that it seems to dry up after a few months so it does not last as long as other mascaras. Also, the white protein stuff eventually will turn gray. I am not sure why it does that. It still works but instead of being nice and white and going on smoothly it will be gray and a little drier. I still love it though and will continue to use it and recommend it.