View more mascara

Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Waterproof Mascara

2.6

Hard to wash off!

Comments about Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Waterproof Mascara:

I decided to try out the Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Waterproof Mascara because I needed a good waterproof mascara. Although the Maybelline mascara did indeed do a good job of not having runny eyes, the mascara was just so hard to remove! Also, I noticed that when I used this mascara, it made my eyelashes clump a little bit.

• Ease of Application:

Stay away from this product!

Comments about Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Waterproof Mascara:

I love the Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Mascara, but the waterproof version sucks! It was as if it was two totally different brands and products. The waterproof mascara was thick and chunky. It went on sloppy and did not separate my lashes. It dried extremely fast and was impossible to get off. I bought the waterproof by accident, and that's the only way I will ever buy it - by accident. I do not recommend this!

• Ease of Application:

not everything it is supposed to be

from Johnston, RI

Comments about Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Waterproof Mascara:

I have to say I love Maybelline and have tried everyone of their products when they come out especially mascara, I have tried all brands looking for just one that would not leave black smudges under my eyes. IS that too much to ask for? I always used the XXL lash extension and loved the fact that it did make my lashes very long and everyone noticed them, but it always left me with smudges under my eyes so after constantly rubbing the smudges off I would end up with no foundation left on. I don't usually like waterproof mascara because it is too hard to get off and ends up ruining my lashes but at my wits end I decided to try it anyway. Again it made my lashes look great! really long!! but about 20 minutes after putting it on I looked like a racoon!! What? REally? It says waterproof, flake proof and smudge proof on the package but it definately is not!!!!!!!!!!! Very dissapointed and back to the drawing board......

XXL Pro Waterproof not as good as other waterproof mascaras

from Cary, IL

Comments about Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Waterproof Mascara:

I bought this believeing the ads and was pretty disappointed. I found this mascara very clumpy to get on, and i really didn't get the insane length that they lead you to believe will occur. It is pretty waterproof, but that also makes it difficult to get off. I also found that it did smear on the bottom lashes and gave me a raccoon eye after a few hours. Even when I just used it on my top lashes, it made a mess under my eyes. Must be the way my eyes crunkle up or somthing. Overall, I have used better mascaras for both length and ease of removal.

Adds length but not allure!

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Waterproof Mascara:

I was intrigued by this product, since I don't have particularly long or full lashes. I like the two-part system and supposed that it'd be better than just one type of mascara. It's true that the white, microfiber coat, followed by black coat does add a lot of length to my lashes. The microfiber coat is supposed to "tame and align unruly lashes" but I didn't see any of that happening. The problem is that they're then very clumpy and don't look at all natural. It makes my lashes look weird because they no longer look full, just long and clumpy. Who wants long lashes, but doesn't want them to be full, too? Then when I try to use a lash brush, it just pulls a lot of the mascara off. The other problem is that you're supposed to apply the topcoat before the basecoat dries. The problem with this is that mixing a coat of white and a coat of black creates a very odd grey color - yuck! The mascara is supposed to be "very black". To achieve this, I then had to add more coats of the top coat, creating an even clumpier mess. Good luck figuring this one out!