Other Mascaras:

Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Maybelline XXL XX-treme Mascara gives me sky high lashes!

I have never used a two step mascara before, so I was very interested to try this product.

Step 1 is a lash primer coating. This primer is a3 white...Read complete review

Step 1 is a lash primer coating. This primer is a3 white substance that is applied the same way regular mascara is applied. I would suggest applying this primer very lightly. Too thick of a coating will make the mascara step too clumpy. Even as you apply the primer, you will be able to tell how the mascara is designed to coat and stretch out your lashes.

Step 2 is the actual mascara. It works on top of the primer and you apply as normal. I was amazed the first time I used this mascara to see how long my lashes looked! I have naturally long lashes and this mascara added significantly noticable length. The mascara is fairly non-clumpy.  Occasionally, if too much primer was used, I notice some clumps, but over all the application was fairly smooth.

In spite of the two step and two coating process, the application is very easy and quick. It requires maybe five seconds more time for the primer. Thanks to the primer, this mascara does not smudge through out the day even though it is not a waterproof brand. Yet, even though it stays put all day, the mascara removes easily with water or normal makeup removers.

The only thing that I did not like about this mascara is that it did not thicken my lashes. It gave me plently of length, but it did not give them a full appearance. If this mascara could give this length and thicken, it would be the perfect mascara.

Compared to other mascaras I have used, the Maybelline XXL XX-treme length mascara does actually deliver long lashes (though I don't know that I would compare them to false lashes). I would purchase this again and I would suggest it to my friends.

Oh Loreal, Please forgive me, I will never stray agian......

My sister, Cindy uses Maybelline XXL Extentions Mascara and says she just loves it, really makes her lashes stand out. I on the other hand am a Loreal Double Extend Mascara kinda girl. While on a trip to Ohio to visit my sister, to my horror I realized I had forgotten my entire makeup bag at home. Granted I dont wear alot of makeup, but I do have certian things I like, like my mascara. My sister had tried to get me to change my mascara brand to hers before, and I resisted.

Of course this was the perfect chance for Cindy to have me try her mascara, as now I was going to have to borrow some of hers. Maybelle Extends has 2 applicator sides, one is the lengthing agent I do belive, and the other is the mascara. It went on exactly the same as my Loreal, and that is where the simularities end. Maybelle just did not reach the extention length, that it should have I thought, I felt shorted.  It is an average mascara extender, nothing fancy, but you can notice a more defined eyelash. I found that it flaked, and was not as easy to remove as my usuall mascara. I have been spoiled by Loreal, and shall not stray ever again. If i am going to by an extender mascara, I want my lashes to reach for the stars...not putter out half way there...

Feel free to check out my Loreal Double Extend review.

My favorite mascara!

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

I absolutely love this mascara, for a long time I've been trying to find the "perfect mascara" for me. This one is definitely it! I already have long eyelashes, but this makes them pop 10xs more. It's double sided, you put the white mascara on first and you put the black over it. It helps your eyelashes from clumping. I recommend this mascara to anyone !

Pretty good

from Kansas

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

Maybelline XXL Extensions is good. It makes your lashes look amazing. My complaint is that it takes too much time to put on. I would have continued to use it if it had been a one-step process.

This mascara is different because there are two parts to it. One half of the tube is primer while the other half is the actual mascara. First, you apply the primer, which is white. It makes your lashes look thicker and longer. I really did not think it was going to make much of a difference but it does. Next, you apply the actual mascara. This product made my lashes look SO great. People would ask if they were fake! It did not flake or anything throughout the day and looked just as good at the end of the day.

My complaint is the process of putting it on took a little longer than I would have liked. It just added a little too much time to my morning routine. I would definitely have continued to use it if applying it was faster.

If you have the time to do this two-step process then I highly recommend this mascara. It makes your lashes look amazing. I just didn't have the time.

I used this for years!

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

I used Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara for years, until I couldn't readily find it at most stores! What I love about Maybelline XXL mascara is that it has the white lengthening formula on one side and the mascara on the other. You wouldn't think that the prepping would do much, but it does wonders! It lengthens your eyelashes a great deal and makes it so much easier to apply mascara to every lash. My eyes looked great! I highly recommend this.

• Ease of Application:

Made my eyelashes extremely long, but flaky and hard to remove.

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

I was absolutely impressed by how long my eyelashes were after applying this product! There are two sides to the mascara wand, the side that you comb through and extend, and the actual product holding wand. I absolutely loved that I had the option to comb through my eyelashes, mostly to avoid clumping and because it made them look really nice. The only thing I didn't really like is that it flaked a little bit, and it was extremely hard to remove after using it.

• Ease of Application:

This product will make your lashes beautiful.

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

This mascara will make your lashes look full. Your eyes will stand out and look absolutely beautiful. It is a great product for the price. I love they way I look in this mascara. This product will make your lashes look curled and won't smudge. You should try this mascara.

Adds Volume and Length!

from Orange, NJ

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

I really like this mascara! It really adds volume and really lengthens your own lash. So, essentially it holds up to its claims. However, with that being said, I have two side notes that I must make. First, I don't like that the primer is white. It may be necessary for the effectiveness but if you are not applying the mascara side heavily the white primer can show. Secondly, this mascara can also be difficult to remove. Overall, with these two issues aside, I would recommend this brand.

I love this mascara!

from Dike, IA

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

Definately try this! I love how my eyelashes look after using it! I have this in black and brown, as well as waterproof and non waterproof! I am a big fan of this mascara!

Love this, works great!

Ease of Application
Very easy and simple to use!

Great Mascara

from Rolesville, NC

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

I found this mascara on sale and I thought I would give it a try. I am constantly looking for mascara that doesn't clump after using it for a week. I was pleasently surprised to find that this mascara goes on smoothly without clumps and defines my lashes much more then my previous mascara. I like that it is easy to take off but stays on all day without smearing. I have been using this for almost a month and find that the tube feels like I just opened it. I guess what I notice is that other mascara drys out quickly and this one doesn't. I have small eyes and am always looking for something to make my eyes look bigger and this definitely helps by adding the length and fullness to my lashes. I will definitely be purchasing this again and will recommend it to my friends. The price was good (and really good as I got it on sale) and that is very important for me when I buy anything seeing as I have a full house.

I love this mascara, but not because it lengthens

from Clovis, CA

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

My sister has used this mascara for the past six or seven years and loves it, but I always shied away from it because the mascara "glue" seemed scary. However, she recently told me that she loves this mascara not because it lengthens, but because the "glue" makes the mascara easy to remove without pulling out your eyelashes, which is why I always shied away from mascara unless it was a special occasion.

So I broke down and bought a tube of this mascara, and I'd have to say it was one of the best makeup decisions I've made in a long time! I, like my sister, DO NOT think this mascara does anything to lengthen our lashes. We love it because of how easy the glue makes washing the mascara off! The mascara is a 2 step process - the first step is to apply the white "glue", which is supposed to lengthen your lashes. Then you apply the mascara over the glue to add length and cover the white glue. The mascara covers the glue easily, and I cant tell you how much easier it is to remove mascara now!

Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions - BEST Mascara!

from Ridgefield, CT

Comments about Maybelline XXL Extensions Washable Mascara:

This is my absolute favorite mascara out of all the mascaras I have tried! I find that lengthening mascaras look much better and more natural than volumizing mascaras on my thin lashes. This mascara is great at lengthening without clumping my lashes together. The formula is also very black, and I love the brush. The brush is kind of skinny, with the bristles slightly spaced apart - the brush really grabs every single lash and coats them from the root to the tips, even my stubby bottom lashes. Also, since I also have smaller eyes, the small brush works great. The mascara also lasts all day and is one of the very few mascaras that doesn't smudge or flake. I don't really use the primer of this mascara that much because it's a very wet formula, and takes a while to dry and also clumps my lashes. The only other thing I dislike about this mascara as well is that it's kind of difficult to remove. It removes easily with eye makeup remover, but is slightly difficult with just soap and water. Despite this, I love this mascara so much and the cheap price is an added bonus!