View more lips

Maybelline
Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades

Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades

Maybelline Superstay Gloss is the best lip product out there

It has been almost two years now since I first started using maybelline Superstay lip gloss & in all that time I have never even been tempted to use anything else. I can't say enough good things about this product. What I like most about it is that you almost never have to re-apply. It pretty much stays on all day long. I was sure that after I ate a meal that the lipstick would be wipped completely off, but it wasn't. I still didn't need to re-apply. Although I have tried other colors I have never tried over brands or types of lipsticks. I am loyal to this brand because it has never once let me down. To me that is what matters the most, even more then price itself. Speaking of which this product is not anymore exspensive then any of the other brands that are out there today. The only difference here is that it actually works & does what it was created & designed for.

Like a plastic slipcover.

While Maybelline dropped their classic slogan "Fine makeup, sensibly priced" many years ago, I've nonetheless held to it and for the most part have found nothing disappointing in Maybelline's vast line of...Read complete review

While Maybelline dropped their classic slogan "Fine makeup, sensibly priced" many years ago, I've nonetheless held to it and for the most part have found nothing disappointing in Maybelline's vast line of mass-market cosmetics.

I gave Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor an honest try after hearing my hairdresser rave about the benefits of super-wearing lip color. I was honestly expecting more of a stain. When I applied the color part of the two-step system, it felt like I had some kind of tight shrink-wrapping pulling around my lips. While applied like a lip gloss with a foam-tipped wand, the product is remarkably both dry and sticky. The clear gloss relieve some of the dry feeling, but not the plastic feeling. My lips seemed coated instead of colored. I also find that "Superstay" is something of a misnomer, because you have to be a slave to that gloss. The color can last a while, but it's the gloss that needs constant refreshing--after every drink, dinner or kiss--otherwise the color will actually start to flake and the lips will feel like an emery board. I can honestly say that Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor is one of the more disappointing products in the line. If I want my lipstick to stay on for a while, I can do it with less discomfort and maintenance by using a regular lipstick, blotting, dusting with powder, and applying again.

Maybelline has since come out with a superior product, ColorSensational Lipstain, and while it doesn't last quite as long it still hangs around a good long while and feels far more natural without drying or requiring repeated glossings.

A long lasting lipcolor that really lasts

from Beloit, WI

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

I have tried many lipcolors over the years that claim to be long lasting, but have never found one that fully lives up to its claim...until now. Maybelline Superstay lipcolor is FABULOUS! I can put it on in the morning, eat lunch, drink coffee, eat dinner and it's still there. At first I found the application a little time consuming, but when I realized how great it was, I stopped minding. Basically, you apply the lip color with the applicator wand, then wait for about a minute or so until it dries (when you press your lips together and they feel tacky, it's good to go), and then you apply the moisturising top coat. If my lips feel a little dry during the day, I apply more of the moisture coat, but so far I have not had to reapply any of the color itself. What a wonderful product - I rarely rave about such things, but it's just so refreshing to buy a product that does what it's supposed to. I recommend this to all who are tired of reapplying lipstick endlessly throughout the day.

No more lipstick stains and smears on cups and glasses.

from small town, OH

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

Maybe I was expecting more than what Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor delivered.  A friend suggested I purchase the Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor.  So when we were shopping, I purchased one.  It was somewhat difficult to select the exact shade you want, but I was able to get something very close.  First, you apply the stain, wait until it dries, and then apply the topcoat.  Yes, the color lasts a long time although the intensity of the color faded, however, it lasts through lunch and dinner and through cups of tea.   Hurray, no more lipstick stains on cups and glasses!!!  The cost of the Lipcolor is fairly inexpensive and quite affordable, and you can purchase it at drug stores, and grocery and discount stores.  The biggest problem I encountered with the Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor was that I found it to be extremely drying on my lips.  I either had to reapply the topcoat or apply a clear gloss  as my lips looked and felt dry.  The lipcolor, itself, was not messy and stayed on my lips, but the topcoat tended to become somewhat caked on my lips after the second or third application.  So, I had to choose between dry lips or the topcoat caking.  However, I had better results when I used a clear gloss.

really does stay!

from Laurel, MD

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

I was a complete non-believer in all-day-stay cosmetics. I had tried some, from other brands, and they ended up just drying up into nasty flaky stuff. Not so Maybelline. So, it does have some tendency to cake up on the lips, but the tendency is very minimal, and the balm (which you are supposed to apply *after* the color) really does seem to make a difference, both in not drying out the lips, and in keeping the superstay color from caking up. The color is very pleasant, fairly natural but sufficiently eye-catching (I use "Petal"). The only con is that I find that I'm running out of the balm part much faster than the color part, but I bet that using just any colorless lip balm over it would do the job. Great product, overall.

Beautifully colorful lips with Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

Lip gloss is one thing that I think pulls a look together and completes it.  It's as if the gloss will keep your whole face's makeup how you want it.  Of course, in reality it only covers the lips.  Maybelline Colorstay Lipcolor is more than just a simply lip gloss you put on and have to reapply every hour or so.  Instead it is designed to help you get through the day without having to worry about if your color is fading.

The small downside is that towards the end of the day my lips are completely dry.  I always forget to take my lip gloss with me so its possible that adding the clear gloss throughout the day would prevent the drying but I can't tell you for sure because I keep forgetting to try it myself.

No matter I still highly recommend this Maybelline product as incredibly useful and convenient for those who are too busy to constantly be reapplying their lip gloss. Add color to your day with Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor.

Not even close to 24 hours

from Nash, TX

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

I recieved 4 of these to try out for my BzzAgent Campaign, and I was not impressed. I have been using Covergirl Outlast since it came out, and I love it, but it dries my lips out, and it will flake off after a few hours. I have seen the advertisements for this and I thought that Maybelline had tackled those problems for me. The first one I tried was a light pink, and after a few hours I did not notice it on my lips. I assumed that it was because it was a lighter color. The next day, I tried a much darker one, and I put it to the test. After about 6 hours, it was starting to flake and after 8 hours, it was gone except for a few spots here and there. Granted I don't want or need my lipcolor to last 24 hours, but I would love for one to last a good 12 hours. I still had the same problem also with my lips getting dry, and honestly, I have to say it works the same as the Covergirl. I could not tell any difference in the two. But now I do have a choice when I go to the store and can chose whichever one is on sale.

Color definitely stays on, but does dry lips a little

from Salem, NH

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

I have Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor gloss in this mauvish color (770). I love the color and it really does stay on for a very long time without wearing down or coming off on anything else. The color and gloss also have quite a nice scent and taste unlike other lip colors. There are a few downsides though. The first is having to wait two full minutes before the colored part has dried and you can apply the gloss on top. Sometimes you don't have two minutes to wait and then apply another coat of gloss since the color has zero gloss. The second thing is that the lip color does dry out your lips a little bit. I wish the color or gloss was a bit more moisturizing that way I wouldn't feel the need to put chapstick on before the color and gloss in order to give my lips some moisture. Otherwise I think it's a great product and it does what it advertises which is long lasting lip color. It really does last forever.

Don't Waste Your Money

from Ridgefield, CT

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

I absolutely hate these Maybelline Superstay Lipcolors. I have the color 103 (I think, the number has faded away a bit), and in the tube it looks like a light sparkly pink but in actuality, it is a very pale frosted pink. I really dislike frosty lip products because of the way it emphasizes the wrinkles and lines. The pink lip gloss is also very watery, and applies unevenly on my lips. Also, despite my numerous attempts, the pink color never dries correctly. Even if I apply a paper thin layer and wait a couple minutes, the color never fully dries, and dries out my lips. It also makes my lips peel, which has never happened to me. I also hate the clear gloss on the other end of the tube. It is really sticky and heavy on your lips, and smells really strongly like sweet, artificial strawberries. I get no use out of this product, and I paid around seven bucks for this product, which is expensive for paying for essentially nothing. I definitely do not recommend this product and advise you to save your money.

Cakey Is A Not For Me

from Fishers, IN

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

I bought the Superstay 24 in Berry Persistent. It's a beautiful color and looked really great with my skin tone. I liked the idea of a lipcolor that would last through anything for an entire day, especially a red. When I applied this it just felt so wrong. I applied a thin layer and waited for it to dry. While it took about 15 minutes to get the sticky feeling gone the actual product never dried fully, even after 40 minutes. I applied the balm and it just made it worse after that dried. My lips became very cakey and the color just came off on everything as tiny little flakes. On top of that all I had to do was take a tissue and wipe the color off. No oil based remover needed as reccommended by Maybelline. I will not be purchasing this again but will be checking some of their other lip products hoping to find a similar color.

This superstay lipcolor really does stay on for long!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

I really disliked lip colors that faded easily so I went out to get this and it really does stay on for as long as you leave it.  There are a lot of colors to choose from, I bought two a really light pink and hot pink.  They both look great but even greater when you apply the gloss.  It's the gloss that makes this look nice and natural without the gloss the color  looks a little too icky.  The thing is that it can really dry out your lips, it's hard to remove and you feel like your lips are wearing something all day.  If you don't apply the color well, your lips look like clowns lips.

So i only recommend it to those who really need color all day, but be careful when applying and keep the lips moisturized!

Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor is my only lipstick!

from Union City, PA

Comments about Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor - All Shades:

I have been using Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor for several years.  When these stay on lip colors first started coming out a few years ago, I first tried Cover Girl's version and just wasn't satisfied.  It didn't seem to go on smooth or stay put all that long.  I then discovered Maybelline's version and have been happy ever since.  There is a wide range of colors available in this product.  I have tried several with some disappointments.  It is hard sometimes to judge whether a particular shade will be too light or too bright for my taste.  I have since discovered 3-4 shades that I wear constantly and am able to coordinate with my clothing and eye makeup, etc.  The application is very smooth.  I apply the lipcolor after applying my foundation/powder.  I apply an even coat to my lower lip then, apply to my upper lip.  The application is very easy to manuever and get just the coverage I am looking for.  I do not blot my lips together unless I want the shade to be light.  I then wait a minute or so to apply the gloss.  I normally will apply my eye make up in the meantime.  The gloss is very nice and silky.  My husband likes that I do not kiss off color!  By the end of the day, the lipcolor starts to break down and wear off.  It's so much better than having to reapply throughout the day after every meal though!