View more foundation

Maybelline
Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation

Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation

3.7

Maybelline Pure, my daughter's first choice.

Maybelline makes excellent products at a great price. Maybelline Pure is one of my daughter's favorite foundations. She loves the way it can be squeezed out of the tube and feels it gives her more control than a foundation that pours out of a bottle. She has very oily skin that is easily irritated. I picked this up for her on sale at our local drugstore. It goes on smoothly, streak free, and gives excellent coverage without looking artificial. It lasts all day and does not need a touch-up. However, it can be easily carried in one's purse because it is light and also spill free, if a touch-up is desired during the day. I purchased it for her in the lightest shade (ivory) and it was almost an exact match to her skin tone. It was not orangey, which we both dislike. As for value, it is an excellent one. It can be purchased at all drugstores and department stores. Maybelline goes on sale somewhere almost weekly and I always I find coupons in our local newspaper. Sometimes , they even run a buy one get one free sale. I would highly recommend this foundation to all age groups,but especially teens.

Shine Free Foundation with H2O a little too thin.

I have difficulty with this product for a couple of reasons.  One, I have to use a more oily foundation along with this product in order to spread it evenly over my face before it dries and becomes too hard to blend.  After about 5 seconds of blending onto skin, it begins to thicken to the point where it doesnt spread over the skin.  I think this is too dry. There is no way to spread evenly unless you vigorously blend within 5 seconds before it thickens.  Otherwise, you have to apply more to the uncovered areas to finish the foundation application.  I do like the color.  My skin is very pale and I have red areas because of my English heritage, and I also have freckles that cover my entire face.  I like to apply foundation each morning until my face is all one color.  This product seems to be the closest match I can find without spending too much for expensive brands.  I think it is hard to find the right color and typically, when I do, by the time I need to by my next bottle it has been either redesigned and I cant find it or discontinued and some new product is in its place. If the blending were easier with this product, I would probably use for years to come, but not if I have to buy another bottle of something else to mix it with first each morning before I apply.

maybelline pure makeup foundation,is very light,and feels good.

from Mesquite, TX

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

maybelline pure makeup is great!it is very light feeling,i wouldnt say it had very good coverage though,i would put a powder over it for more coverage if needed.It actually feels good when you put it on too.

nice for clear skin

from Duluth, GA

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

I can't say I totally dislike it, Maybelline's Pure makeup, goes on real smooth and is easy to blend, but it wears off as the day goes. I have acne scars and by late afternoon, I found that my foundation had worn off and I could see my scars again. I recommend this if you have skin with no scars. Its good for uneven skin tone.

Poor coverage

from Meherrin, VA

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

When I first started using this product I thought it was a great concept but after a while it started to prove me wrong.It didn't cover any dark spots even with the concealer and if i tried putting on a second layer my face felt suffocated.It said it was good for oily skin but it actually made me produce more oil thus leading to break outs.Pure it is not!

Great foundation that doesn't look like you're wearing any!

from Washington, DC

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

I'm not into wearing a lot of makeup, especially heavy foundation.  So I tried this product because of it's claims about water content, and I love it!  I wear it everyday.  It's light and blends well and it doesn't look like you're wearing a lot of make up.  There are times when I think I need heavier coverage, and then use a different product - but for everyday use, this foundation is great.  Also blends well with moisturizer if you're looking for lighter coverage.

NOT UP TO MAYBELLINE'S STANDARDS

from Perris, CA

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

This makeup is NOT HYPOALLERGENIC despite it's claims everybody I know that has tried it has had a problem with breaking out! When Maybelline stopped manufacturing their line of shine free products it was a BIG MISTAKE, This product(PURE) is a very poor replacement for shine free.1) It is cakey.2) It cause's Break Outs in most people.3)Does not blend as well.4)Nor does it have the coverage of the Shine Free line. I am somebody that is very, very fair skinned with freckles, and sensitive skin that has a tendency to make foundation turn Orange on my skin, so wearing PURE makeup was a nightmare for me personally first day I tried it my whole face broke out in little bumps, second time I tried it I looked like I had some disease! Scary what some hypoallergenic products can do!

Pure Makeup is a great oil-free foundation

from Mc Bain, MI

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

Even at the age of 28, if I'm not careful my skin can break out as much as a teenager, so I try to choose makeup that is oil-free. I like the way this foundation feels on my skin, it glides on smoothly and blends in pretty well. I use the classic ivory #2 shade, and I have pretty fair skin. When I first apply this foundation, it has a bit of an orangey hint to it, so I have to blend it really well to avoid having noticeable makeup lines along my jaw and hairline. But with a little translucent powder it all blends together and looks natural. It's also fairly inexpensive, which is another reason it's become my go-to foundation when I don't have a lot of money for department store brands, which is most of the time. It is fairly light coverage, so it's not going to cover blemishes or dark under-eye circles very well on its own. If you have these skin issues like I do, you'll need to pair it with a concealer and some powder.

Maybelline Pure Makeup Shine Free Foundation not for me

from Keansburg, NJ

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

I tried Maybelline Pure Makeup Shine Free Foundation because it promises a light natural coverage and I tend to stay away from anything that feels cakey. I like to have a dewey natural finish but as I have gotten a bit older I notice my skin doesn't look as fresh as it used to. The Maybelline Pure Makeup Shine Free Foundation felt nice when I put it on, although I wasn't a fan of the slight fragrance. Even though I was able to get over the fragrance I didn't like that fact that the foundation didn't cover my under eye circles, they aren't terribly dark so I feel like a light foundation should be able to mask them. The deal breaker with the Maybelline Pure Makeup Shine Free Foundation, though was that by noon it no longer looked very fresh at all and I felt I needed to reapply. I think this Foundation would be well suited for a young girl and resembles more of a tinted lotion than an actual Foundation.

Maybelline Pure. Make-up

from Beaverton, MI

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

I have been using this product for the last month, and with very good results! Because it is water-based, it goes on easy and smooth and gives me a natural look. It is very inexpensive but gives good coverage. I was impressed with the natural flawless look that I got from using a primer under this foundation. I have a couple "go to" foundations, and I use this one when I am pressed for time. I know it will look good with minimal effort. I have a red blotch on my cheek and always worry about covering it, and the pores on my nose seem to be huge. I feel confident when I am done putting on my foundation. That says alot, the coverage is good. I also found that the best way for me to put it on is to apply in different spots...the forehead, chin. each cheek, and on the nose, get in on ,u fingers, and then I gently pat it onto my face. I can't seem to get really even coverage is I am just rubbing it on. I pat on a bit extra for under eyes, and the red blotch, and it still looks even. For the price, this is a very good foundation!

Maybelline NY Pure makeup inexpensive backup

from Colorado Springs, Colorado

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

Picked this up randomly one day at the store when I realized I had no foundation left at home and they didn't have the brand I normally got in stock. It was cheap and would do until I got around to picking up my normal brand. It's got light coverage so would work best for people who normally just like using a tinted moisturzer, for sure not for people who need or want full coverage. But the coverage isn't too bad, it goes on nicely, isn't too cakey but can make more minor wrinkles more pronounced. It's oil free which is a nice plus and makes breakouts less likely to happen. It's a nice portable size so good to just throw in your purse if you might need a touch up later on in the day/night. 12 shades to choose from so if they don't have your pefect shade, you can just pick up one lighter than you and one darker and mix them together. It's not bad for a drug store brand and handy if you're in a pinch and need a foundation!

Maybelline Pure Makeup Is Fantastic

from Wilburton, OK

Comments about Maybelline Pure.Makeup Shine-Free Foundation:

About a month ago I picked up this foundation from my local department store just because I wanted to treat myself with a little gift. The shade I picked up was Tan Dark 1 which I was kinda if-y about bascially because it was the ONLY shade left and for it to match my skin tone would be a mircale and what do you know it was a complete match. I could not have been more happy and for it to not make me super oily seeing as I have oily skin already. It blends super easy I just use my fingers to apply it and leaves skin looking completly naturally-flawless.