Other Eyeliners:
Maybelline
Maybelline Line Stylist Eye Liner - Black Sparkle #601

Maybelline Line Stylist Eye Liner - Black Sparkle #601

This has a nice pencil and actually stays on my eyes!

Comments about Maybelline Line Stylist Eye Liner - Black Sparkle #601:

Sometimes it's very hard for me to find eyeliner that actually works on my eyes, considering that they have rather blunt points to them and I needed something that was a little bit more sharp. This is the eyeliner that worked for that purpose. It was very dark and matte, which I wanted, and it also stayed on for a very long time. Everything worked perfectly in this product.

Dark gray, breaks almost every use.

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Maybelline Line Stylist Eye Liner - Black Sparkle #601:

I was surprised by how dull of a black this was-- more gray. It does have a few sparkles. It lasts a long time on the eye, but despite following the directions, it broke every time I used it. It lasted me maybe 1/4 the time it should. Not long enough for the price.

i do not recommend this to anyone

from Johnstown, NY

Comments about Maybelline Line Stylist Eye Liner - Black Sparkle #601:

i bought this in sheer excitement because im a huge fan of glitter. it wasnt nearly as dark as i wanted AND there arent that many sparkles. it doesnt apply well to the eyes and it breaks way too easily!

This eyeliner NEVER went on smooth, it always broke in chunks!

from Detroit, MI

**Maybelline New YorkLine Stylist EyelinerBlack Sparkle**

**What is it?****Maybelline New York Line Stylist Eyeliner** is marketed for women to use on their eyes and eyebrows.  The eye liner comes in six different colors to accommodate a wide variety of women.

**Maybelline's** website promotes that women will love this product because of a few key reasons.  One of the reasons being that women will be able to apply the eyeliner with precise control.  Other reasons stated are: no skipping, dragging or pulling, silky soft and glides on easily and that it washes off easily.

*IF ONLY that were true!*

**My Viewpoint!**I was looking for a new eyeliner and came across **Maybelline Line Stylist Black Sparkle**.  I figured my eyes could use a little "shimmy" so I thought "What the heck" and splurged on an eyeliner that I probably wouldn't use very much.

The next day, I opened up my new eyeliner and wanted to see if it truly "sparkled".  When I opened the package and removed the eyeliner cap, all was well *UNTIL* I tried to apply the eyeliner to my lids.   Keep in mind, I have used eyeliner for 15+ years. I know how to apply it correctly.When I tried to apply **Maybelline Line Stylist** to my eyelid, it broke off in a chunk. I thought to myself "Hmm...must be because it was the top of the stick and newly opened".  So I turned it up a bit and tried to apply the eyeliner again.  It broke. Repeated tries didn't help.  The eyeliner still broke.  Actually "crumbled" is a better representation of what happened.

I never got to apply this eyeliner correctly nor did I  get to see if my eyes were going to "sparkle".   For the amount of money that cosmetics cost, I expect a quality product and am very upset that **Maybelline Line Stylist (Black Sparkle)** not only wasted my time and money but sorely disappointed me.

The only eyeliner for me!

from Powell, TN

Comments about Maybelline Line Stylist Eye Liner - Black Sparkle #601:

In college my friends always tried to get me to use an eyeliner but everytime I put one on I would look like a racoon! No matter how sharp the pencil the lines were always super thick looking on me. Not to mention the hard pencils made my eyes water terribly! I kept trying off and on when new products came out but always ended up throwing them away, until I found Maybelines line stylist. It is a sharpen free eyeliner so the tip is always soft, and it is a super skinny pencil making it easy to do smaller lines on my eyes. I have used both the onyx and the black sparkle although I tend to get the onyx more often. I have tried other versions since but am always anxious to go back to my line stylist. There are only 2 cons in my view. One, that the pencil itself doesn't last as long as some (I don't think it's as full as the length of the pencil makes you think it is) and two, that it does not come in waterproof. I am a big fan of waterproof mascara so it is a little frustrating to wear waterproof mascara and have your eyeliner run instead.

It's kinda hard to use

from Dyersburg, TN

Comments about Maybelline Line Stylist Eye Liner - Black Sparkle #601:

It's a very good eyeliner. Although I do find it slightly hard to put on, it feels like it should be melted slightly inorder for it to be put on to others satisfaction. And when it is put on, it isn't very promonate. I would guess that is due to it being hard to slap on. So, all in all it's a decent product that I feel like you have to put in the microwave for 10 seconds before you can really use it.Of course I don't suggest putting it in the microwave for ten seconds because depending on the microwave you might end up just melting all of it and then it would be a big ol' waste of money.But then again, I slightly find the product to be a waste of money as it is.HARD.TO.USE.Make it softer, perhaps in a different tube and I think it would work nicely.However, it might have just been the tube I got, because it does not appear to be hard to use when bought. And I didn't hear of anyone else complaining of it.