3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Is An Old Friend

I remember being introduced to makeup as a teenage in the 70s. I had a mother who was much older than me and carefully controlled her daughter's makeup. I was allowed to wear pale blue eye shadow only . I never was allowed to wear any eye liner and just a little mascara. That is when I was introduced to Maybelline Great Lash by an older sister. The mascara was always thin enough to please my mother but when I got a moment to sneek into the high school bathroom and put on several layers...Wow it became so bold. I love that it gives you that option. You can choose how bold you want to go with every layer. Also the curve of the wand lifts and separates. The very black is still soft and not harsh. What I don't like about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is that even after several layers, it still will not last though out the day without a touch up. This was great when I was a teenager and at the end of the day, there wasn't much left for my mother to see when I walked through the door. Now a days as my lashes become thinner with age I'm starting to seek out a different mascara. Until then I will still rely on an old friend.

This stuff is awful! Why do so many women love this mascara?

***Quick View: ***Everyone raves about Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara so, when I saw this on sale, I bought it. I don't know if it is different from the original because it has a curved brush but this one is below average.***About Maybelline Great Lash Curved Brush Washable Mascara, Velvet Black***

This mascara comes in a pink tube with green writing and has a curved brush and I think that is the problem. The brush encourages clumps and eyelashes sticking together. The mascara is very black and does darken my lashes but, wow, it's clumpy! It also makes lashes stick together. I have to brush through them, and then the little bits get all over my face. Not good. I tried to use a straight brush and that didn't help much although it did help some with clumping. I just don't get what is so great about Great Lash. It does add some length but no volume at all.

This mascara is very inexpensive and so many people love it that I am baffled. It does wash off with my usual facial cleanser and it does darken my lashes and adds length. If I could figure out the clumping and sticking issue, I would be all set. Maybe this was an old tube or something. All I know is this was below average due to clumping, sticking, and all around yuckiness.

***My Viewpoint***

Someone please tell me what is so great about this mascara that I am missing! Is it the brush? Is it that this is old, a different formula, what what what? I am disappointed in this mascara and surprised by its lack of performance. ***2 stars.*** No idea why everyone loves this but I don't.

Not as good as the original...

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

I am not a fan of the curved brush, as I do not seem to get the length that I get from the original "Maybelline Great Lash" mascara. I switched out the brush, and the actual mascara "compound" or whatever you call it, works great. If I remember correctly, the curved brush formula cost a bit more, so I would definitely recommend staying with the original!

Once again, it is the brush. Definitely not my favorite. I found it caused more clumps than the original mascara. It does provide good volume, however the length of my eyelashes suffered.

Ease of Application
It is possible to get good coverage with this mascara and brush, however it takes me longer than normal. I have to be rather meticulous during application in order to make my eyelashes clump free. All in all, I love Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, but I would definitely stick with the original formula, with the famous green lid. It is the best option out there in my opinion!

You get what you pay for

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

Don't be fooled by the fact that this or any other type of mascara comes with a brush that is curled. A curled brush doesn't lead to curled lashes or longer lashes, or any other benefit that you might think would happen with a curled brush. I can curl my hair with a straightening iron, if I had a iron shaped like a curl it wouldn't be able to do anything differently than my own technique would. It's mascara and it coats your lashes and it is usually cheaper than any other mascara that is available. However, I wouldn't give it a whole lot of credit in comparison with other mascaras.

Doesn't curl as promised

from Topsfield, MA

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

I would rate this product with average success. I wanted so much to love this product but it didn't curve my lashes as it said it would. I worked if I used my eyelash curler. Also, it clumped up a lot on my lashes and was really thick.

Not Crazy About This Brush Or Mascara

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

I don't know what it is that drives women (and a few men here and there) to look constantly at mascara feeling the need to try every new thing that comes along, but when I first saw the new Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara advertised, I fell into the trap.

The dumb part of it is that I really was not a fan of Maybelline Great Lash Mascara to begin with. I had four tubes of this stuff- although I have to say that two of those tubes are still in my collection as I use them for brows- silver and gold.

Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara promised to be better. I don't know how a curved brush could make it better, but I did fall for it. I bought one.

The container is very similar except the top is not that bright green. It is pink. The curved brush is unbalanced with long bristles on one side and the other side is very stubby.

The mascara, however, is pretty much the same as Maybelline Great Lash mascara is.

This lovely curved brush was nothing more than a more challenging way to put on an already challenging mascara. My lashes were left clumpy and unevenly covered in mascara. My skin around my eyes were dotted with little blips of black everywhere. I didn't have as bad of an experience as I did with Lancome Hyponse Mascara though, so that was surprising.

The mascara did dry nicely and didn't remain sticky. My lashes didn't look AWFUL but they didn't look that great either. The problem with this mascara is that it tends to flake a little and smear a lot if it gets wet. That can be quite embarrassing when in public and you happen to cry or get stuck in the rain.

Although this was not fantastic mascara, it was not the worst I have tried either. It is just not worth the money. I don't care for the brush- it is too hard to work with.

Ease of Application
The curved brush made it too challenging to apply the mascara around my eye area, leaving little dots of mascara on my skin and making it too high maintenance for me to bother with in the future. Even though it is widely advertised, I just don't think it is that great.

Good mascara

from Denton, TX

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

This mascara is a fantastic product. I wear makeup on regularly from roughly 8am to 8pm. It lasts all day and is very well made. The curved brush makes it easy to apply. It stays on all say and in order for it to come off, I have to wash it off. I would recommend this beauty product to anyone. It is amazing and I only wear light colors because I have dark lashes, but all of the shades work fantastically. All of the girls (3) in my house use it and it works wonderfully. We are all very pleased with the outakes of this wonderful makeup.

You get what you pay for

from Sierra Vista, AZ

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

This is one of the most disgusting products I have ever put on my face.  It was recommended to me by a friend who swears up and down by discount cosmetics.  I gave her the benefit of the doubt and was highly displeased.  It clumped the moment the brush came out of the tube, it was the consistency of concealer and it dried out on the brush WAY to quickly.  If you're looking for a cheap mascara that destroys your lashes, this is the one for you.

great for girls who want those black lashes

from Springfield, OR

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

This product has been around for a great while now, why? because it works! Trust me its not for those girls who want big lashes{like me} but it makes them darker and than most other products. it works great when your in a hurry and dont have time to sit and apply coat after coat. i keep this in my makeup up case for those days, because im one of those girls with short lashes this is not my first choice.

i love this stuff

from Carleton, MI

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

I love the brand maybelline. It is my favorite mascara of all time. I recommend to all my friends and family and to all of you reading this review right now! Works very well and it washable so gotta love that! It dosent clump like most mascaras. i have found no cons at this point in time, but will let u know.

This is the BEST mascara. I have tried everything, this rocks!!!

from Camp Hill, PA

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

I have used this mascara for years and i absolutely love it.  it never clumps and the curved wand is awesome.  i recommend this to all my friends, and now they use it all the time as well.  i have tried tons of different kinds of mascara, ranging from the most expensive, to incredibly cheap, and this is definitely the best.

Not for me

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Washable Curved Brush Mascara:

I did not like this mascara. The brush was short for my long lashes and it was hard to use.  I also felt that it was hard to apply because it kept making my lashes stick together and clump I had to keep using my fingers to "unclump" and a lash brush to comb through so they didn't look like they were all stuck together.  I feel it is definately worth it to pay a little more to not have my eyelashes look all stuck together.