3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

A nice twist on a classic, time-tested mascara at a super value

Maybelline's Great Lash has been one of my favorite mascaras for years, and my mom used it long before I did. I really like that Maybelline has kept it around with little change to the formula, and kept it very affordable, making it one of the best mascara values out there. In the case of Lots of Lashes, it's the new brush design that really stands out. My eyes and lash line are more round than almond shaped, so most brushes don't contour with my lashes very well. This new brush, however, is stocky and starts out very plump at the wand and tapers to a fine point at the tip, which turns out to be a great shape for my lashes. The pointed tip allows me to reach the thin lashes at the very corners of my eyes, lashes that have never seen mascara before now. Being able to efficiently coat those little lashes gives my eyes a much brighter, more even and defined appearance. One problem is that it is not offered in many shades, where many other mascaras come in several. Maybe this helps to keep the price down though, or maybe it was just that my store's offering was slim. Also, I would love to see it provide more thickness, but that can be remedied with a second coat. Overall, I really like this product. There are many more pros than cons and I found the new brush shape to be very effective for my lashes, it just needs more bristles so that I can stick with one coat.

It dries quickly when first applied, so there isn't any "last stamping" on my brow bone while I'm waiting for it to dry. No smudging or clumping, long-lasting and washes off easily with warm water and a little soap, so no makeup remover needed. Its washability makes it less water resistant though, so bring a tissue for dabbing if you're going to a sad movie.

Ease of Application
Application is very easy once you know how to angle the brush to get those little corner lashes. I use 2 coats just to add volume because I feel it could do better with that. I would like to see more bristles on the brush as they are a little more sparse than a lot of brushes.

I didn't like anything about this mascara!

I bought this when I was looking for a new mascara and the price was very reasonable. I also know the Great Lash products are known for their quality. I even remember my mom using the Great Lash mascara when I was younger! Well, what a disappointment I was in for when I used this mascara for the first time. The brush, like others have said, is no good! It did not lengthen, separate, or volumize anything. This mascara didn't flake under my eyes, which is a plus, but there were no other pluses. I was truly the most disappointed in the brush, which did not separate my lashes or define them at all. It actually clumped my lashes into about three big black chunks. They looked horrible and I couldn't get them to separate. Maybelline should just stick to what they do well and promote the heck out of that instead of coming up with new things, like this brush, that don't work. I wish there was a money-back guarantee on this because I would be sending my FULL mascara tube back for my money. I didn't like this product, will not recommend it, and will not purchase it again.

Great classic formula

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

I've grown up seeing this mascara for basically my entire existence, so imagine my excitement when I bought my first tube of this classic pink and green beauty. As one of my first mascaras, I adored the lengthening formulas. To this day, I love this mascara, but also venture out to different brands, some that I've found to be better at curling and lengthening, however, I'll always have a tube on hand, as I love how classic it is and what it represents. I think I'm more fond of the packaging than anything else, but I still am happy with this mascara.

Pretty good formula, not the best length or curl I've gotten, but I still like this brand. It's also nice as it's pretty long lasting and also stays on pretty well in water. The wand is great at even distribution and gives off a nice, dark finish.

Ease of Application
Such an easy application process, the wand is great and gives long dark lashes while getting to every individual lash easily.

Love it!

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

I like the Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara! The wand is so unique and pretty (it's shaped like an arrow). Also, although it's plastic material, it still worked effectively and didn't clump my eyelashes. Love this mascara and I definitely recommend it!

Love it!

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

I love their new formula - the "Lots of Lashes". I've used this stuff before and it was alright. But their LoL formula was such a big step in the right direction. I now have like 3 of these that are lined up ready to use once my mascara needs to be replaced. I love this stuff!

Amazing mascara!

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

My absolute favorite mascara!! It makes my eyelashes look long and full, but still looks very natural. Most people don't realize I'm wearing mascara (if you are looking for something very thick and more dramatic, I wouldn't recommend this). I have no intention on using any other mascara anytime soon.

It's long lasting, elongates and adds volume to lashes (literally does everything it's supposed to do). I have long eyelashes, so often have a problem with mascara and it making my eyelashes stick together when I blink, but I don't have that problem with this product. It dries quickly. It is washable, but even with my allergies and teary eyes I've never had a problem.

Ease of Application
The design of the applicator brush (narrow tip, fuller top) makes it easy to access every part of your eyelashes - even close to the corners. The brush feels like a feather against my lashes when I'm applying it - super soft and no kind of friction whatsoever.

I Love this Mascara

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

I bought this product quite a while a go at a local drugstore. I was surprised on the quality for such a low price. I currently use this every day. This product is great for long-lasting lashes with volume and length. For any lady who needs an affordable way to lengthen their eyelashes, Great Lash is what you need!

• Ease of Application:

Maybelline does not really come through on this one..

from Edina, MN

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

This was an interesting buy. I usually like the the mascaras that Maybelline has to offer, however, Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara was not one of them. The brush is rather strange and hard, so if you accidentally poke yourself in the eye (been there, done that) it really hurts since they are not soft bristles. Be careful. The effects of this mascara on the eyelashes are not exactly worth speaking about either. It really does very little for the eye area in general and is really not worth applying to the lashes. You get an extremely light, soft look and it almost seems as if you are not wearing any mascara, so why buy it then? My daughter has been enjoying it however, and I gave it to her. There are much better mascaras on the market, including other mascaras from Maybelline as well. I won't be buying this mascara from Maybelline again. and do not recommend it.

So-so, not much to brag about.

• Ease of Application:

I didn't like anything about this mascara!

from ND

• Ease of Application:

The formula was good but the design of the brush was impractical

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

When I first got this mascara, I had heard good things about it but when I tried it out I saw a very obvious flaw. The brush is cone shaped which means the brush is smaller at the top and larger at the bottom, but the stopper in the tube that removes the excess mascara must have been too wide. There was a TON of product on the brush when I pulled it out of the tube so I have to dab the front end of the brush. Other than the inconvenient application, the formula was decent. It did make my lashes more noticeable but after a few coats it started to clump.

The formula was decent. It was a good mascara for the price I paid for it. I'd say it wasn't the best drugstore mascara but it wasn't the worst either. It did volumize and as a person with pretty short sparse lashes, that was a plus. In terms of length, it was just average. It didn't make my lashes stand out as much as the other Maybelline mascaras.

Ease of Application
The brush has to go. It is completely inconvenient and troublesome.

Love the Arrow-Shaped Brush & Extra Black Color

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

This product gives dramatic, very black lashes with one coat, does not smudge or flake. It is far superior to the regular Great Lash, which I dislike greatly.

Very black and shiny but not volumizing.

Ease of Application
There may be a learning curve with the arrow-shaped rubbery brush but it works well with practice. The tip easily gets into all the lashes in the outer corner of the eye. One negative: the effect is spiky and combing out is only partially effective. I think that length and thickness of one's lashes will determine how well one will like this rather unique mascara.

One of the best!

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Washable Mascara:

There are little to no complaints I have about this mascara. It lengthens without clumping. The only reason I have to complain is it does tend to flake.

This mascara boasts no clumping. The formula creates long lashes that are defined. Many applications/layers can be made so the lashes are longer and the mascara still won't clump.The one thing I would say about this mascara is that it does tend to be a little flaky after wearing for long periods of time. I wouldn't say it really volumizes the lashes much, but for me this isn't an issue-as I have thick lashes.

Ease of Application
The applicator of Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara is created so that there is a little end for grabbing and coating all the lashes on the ends of my eyes.The applicator does curl the lashes a little as well.