Other Mascaras:

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Full 'N Soft is by far the best mascara I've ever used!

As someone that has either bought or sold cosmetics for 30 years, I've ran across my share of mascaras.  When Maybelline's Full 'N Soft first came out, I figured I'd give it a try seeing that all the others I've tried over the years had fallen short of my expectations or the claims made by the company.  I fell in love with it instantly, especially since one of the shades is "very black".  I'm one that is more apt to buy a waterproof mascara than the non, but with that usually lies the problem if you sleep with it on or even rub your eye, all of your lashes stick together in a rather "waxy" clump.  That isn't the case with the Full 'N Soft mascara, and that's probably one of the main attributes about it that I love so much!  Each lash is well defined, extended a little bit, fuller, no clumping, no flaking...it's the best! The outcome is subtle yet effective.

The store I always buy it at was out (which should say a lot about the product right there), and so I opted to try another mascara, also made by Maybelline, but in spite of all the hype the commercials made about it, it still couldn't hold a candle the the Full 'N Soft mascara.  I'd even written a letter to the company a while back gushing about it.

If you're looking for the perfect mascara, I would definitly recommend giving this one a try.  You won't regret it and it even costs less than so many others of those out there.

Used to be Great. Stays Sticky on my Lashes Now.

There was a period of time when I was excited about drug store mascara. Maybelline Full N Soft was one of my favorite mascaras when it first came out. I had it in black and brown colors and used it a lot.

The tube is silver in color and the brush is a bit uneven like the dog chewed on it a bit. The mascara smells a bit strong but not like perfume- just chemicals.

I used to love the Maybelline Full N Soft mascara. It applied easily, and stayed put all day, and lashes were left soft and flexible- not crusty.

A few years after releasing Maybelline Full N Soft, the company changed the formula and I can no longer wear it. Instead of drying and staying on well, it stays sticky, leaving my eyes sticking together every time I blink. I never had that problem with it before.

There was a major change in a majority of mascaras available at drugstores which left me having to abandon most of my favorite brands and labels of mascara. This was one of them.

This went from a great flexible long lasting mascara to a sticky non-drying mascara that annoys me completely every time I try to blink. It never used to flake, but now it does. I went from loving this mascara to not being able to use it due to changes made from the original formula to what it is now. Also, it never used to flake, but after they changed the formula, it flaked terribly.

Ease of Application
Application used to be easy, but the newest formula of this mascara clumps and has to be brushed through, but since it no longer dries on my lashes. I guess that would make the application ease go down to poor. I am really sad that I can no longer use this mascara. I used to love it.

Simple, classic, everyday mascara

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

This mascara is perfect just for simple definition of your lashes, especially if you already have long and/or abundant lashes. The selling point of this particular mascara from maybelline is that it will always remain soft even once dry. You have to use make-up remover to get it off because it's waterproof. So laugh til you cry with this on and your lashes will remain beautiful.

It works well for what it is intended for.

A Fantastic Waterproof Mascara

from Abilene, TX

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara is a really great waterproof mascara that has become a staple in my beauty routine. I have tried so many mascaras, from Maybelline Great Lash to expensive ones from Lancome, and Full 'N Soft has become my new favorite. It does exactly what it promises, adding volume to my lashes without making them crunchy or flaking mascara off throughout the day. It is difficult to remove without a waterproof eye makeup remover, but I like knowing that my mascara is not going to smudge or flake while wearing. I also like the applicator, which is the perfect size to coat every lash (even the small ones).

• Ease of Application:

Used to be Great. Stays Sticky on my Lashes Now.

from Podunk, NY

Ease of Application

Waterproof This!

from JenniferRMartino@gmail.com, CT

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

Everyone always seems to find the waterproof mascaras when they get to the stores, and they always tell me "it is right where the normal mascara is" however whenever I go either they are all out or that store does not really sell them. I was looking for a mascara that I could wear to work because without wearing any makeup I look too young and I was being taken seriously enough.

My job always makes me sweat a lot so I could not wear a lot of makeup, just on my lashes and that is about it. I bought this because it was the only one that my store had. And since then, I have tried other products that are the "same" as this one, however I still prefer this one over others. I love how it gives long and full lashes without weighting them down with too much product. If you want big lashes and you have none like me, this is the product for you to use. I adore it so very much and I will buy more in the future.

Full n Soft is Not so Full to Me

from Kelayres, PA

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara is a decent product depending on what you are looking for with your lashes. I like my lashed to be very black, long, and noticeable, but not clumpy or looking like I have 20 layers of mascara on. I found this particular mascara to just be ok, like a subltle addition to my lashes. The Full and Soft was really hard to get off with makeup remover and even after washing my face it still was on my lashes. The tube starts to get clumpy after just a few uses and I found that even just 2 coats on my eyelashes were a bit clumpy as well. I felt like the tube was empty after just 2 weeks because it got so dried up inside. The mascara doesn't smudge and it truly is waterproof, I wore it swimming with no problems. It doesn't make your lashes really pop, so if you are looking for a drama look or really big bold lashes, this is not for you. If you are someone who is looking for just a subtle touch or to add a bit of dark color to your lashes, this is perfect for you. The price as well is great.

Maybelline Full N' Soft Mascara -my fave for over 10 yrs

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

I have been using Maybelline Full N' Soft Waterproof Mascara in Very Black for over 10 years now. My Aunt gave me a tube to try and I was instantly hooked. It is the ONLY masacara I have found that will not clump or cause my lashes to stick to each other. I have long lashes and this mascara coats each one evenly and I very rarely have to straighten them out after applying. I have also tried different colors, such as the brown, but I have found that the Very Black is simply the perfect color. I like to go for a natural look yet emphasizing my eyes and this color allows me to do just that. It is not too dramatic. It also does not run when I put my contacts in or put drops in my eyes. That, for me, is one less headache. Also washes off very well - not clingy like a lot of waterproof mascaras. I hope that they continue to make Maybelline Full N' Soft for a long time!

I will ALWAYS use Maybelline Full N' Soft Waterproof Mascara!

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

Maybelline Full N' Soft Waterproof Mascara is my HG (Holy Grail) mascara. I have used it ever since I first started wearing makeup around 5 years ago. I have tried other drugstore mascaras and high end mascaras and NONE have matched up to this.

I have stick straight, medium length asian eyelashes and this mascara lengthens and volumizes better than any mascara I have ever used. It is a wonderful dark and rich black color that won't smudge or come off until I use makeup remover to take it off at night. However, that leads to the only thing I dislike a little about this mascara - that it is a little too difficult to take off and won't come off with just face wash, it needs makeup remover to come off. I use the waterproof version because it holds a curl amazingly for me, but for those who have naturally curled eyelashes I would imagine the non-waterproof version would be just as good and wouldn't be so difficult to take off.

Maybelline Full N' Soft Waterproof Mascara Rocks!

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

I love, love, love this mascara!  I am a super couponer and get free mascara all the time but none of them compar to Maybelline's Full N' Soft Waterproof mascara.  I always compare other mascara to this one and they don't stack up.  I can't stand any mascara that is not waterproof.  Even if they stay on at night I have to wash my eyes and face several times to get off all the black streaks all over my face.  It is annoying and time consuming.  So I stick to waterproof mascara's and love Maybelline's Full N' Soft the best.  It goes on smooth with no clumping.  It does not smudge or flake off when I am wearing it and doesn't give me morning raccoon eyes due to it all not coming off when I wash it off.  Even though it is waterproof it comes off great with Ponds (see my review on Ponds!).  I don't have to wash it multiple times to get it off.  It stays on when I want it to (during the day) and comes off when I want it to (at night).  I just wish it would go on sale more often.  Some day I might actually get a mascara for free that can compare and get me to switch but until then......

Full 'N Soft is by far the best mascara I've ever used!

from Duluth, MN

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

One of my classic favorites

from Steubenville, OH

Comments about Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara:

This is one of my all-time favorite mascaras.  I don't have much money, so I always look for the best product you can get at the cheapest prices.  This product is priced well, and works very well.

It gives your eyelashes a "full and soft" look just as promised.  While many mascaras tend to bunch lashes together to give a "spiky" look to your eyelashes, this keeps them seperate for a softer, more natural look.  It's also waterproof as promised.  It also doesn't smear too much, which is something I have a problem with for most mascaras.

The only cos for this product are that it is difficult to wash off, but I'm sure that's because it's waterproof.  Also, it wouldn't hurt for it to be available in more colors. Although I am usually content with black, sometimes I like to use a brown color.

I've gotten many compliments when I use this mascara.  I have favorite products that I always go back to, and this is one of them.  When in doubt, I use Maybelline Full & Soft!