Other Foundations:
Maybelline
Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation

The Best Foundation I Have EVER used!

When I was younger I had the worst skin EVER! For this reason I started wearing foundation at the age of 12. Therefore, I have tried every foundation imaginable from the drugstore variety to the most expensive foundation I could find in a specility store. When Maybelline came out with their Dream Mousse Foundation, I tested it immediately. The first pack I bought was actually the Dream Matte Mousse. While it was a good quality foundation, it was a little thick for my liking.

When I saw the advertisement for Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation stating that it was really light and smooth, I thought this may be a better option for me. The first time I bought a packof the Dream Smooth Mousse, I was surprised by the packaging. (I think all Mousse varieties are in this packaging now). The top of the packaging completely screws off and the foundation is in one side and the sponge is in a separate flip open case. (It is almost impossible to open the sponge case if you screw the packaging apart first!). The only thing I would change about the compact is the fact that there isn't a mirror. This makes it somewhat difficult to retouch your makeup when you are out.

The first time I used the dream smooth mousse, I was surprised by how little the package seemed to contain. However, after applying the foundation I realized how little of the product was needed. The foundation glides onto your skin and feels a little wet. Well.. perhaps wet isn't the right word. It feels like you are applying your makeup with a damp sponge, but it dries immediately. I was so surprised by the way the foundation made my skin appear completely smooth and it didn't feel like I was even wearing makeup! This foundation never looks like a mask of makeup which is amazing.

While this is the best foundation for my skin now, I'm not certain that it would have provided enough coverage when I was facing constant breakouts. I think if you need the extra coverage, the Dream Matte Mousse would be a better option. I'm going to be sticking with Maybelline Mousse Foundation for a LONG time!

Not for skin that needs a lot of coverage

I know that this foundation gets rave reviews but it's not for me. While it gets points for looking smooth, it also looks a little greasy, so you definitely need a setting powder. I tried it with different primers, different setting  powders and tried applying more or less of it, but still wasn't satisfied with the results. I don't think this foundation is for people, like myself who need heavier coverage. If I try to cover my moderate acne scars it ends up looking like I'm wearing a mask. There is not much choice in the shade selection either. The nude and natural beige were the 2 shades closest to my skin tone but it works better if I mix the 2 shades. However, the shade still looks purplish on me and after a couple of hours it gives my face an unnatural color and makes me look tired. I don't understand why they call this mousse because it's kind of stiff and more of a shoe polish consistency, which I think contributes to making it look a little greasy.  The price of this foundation is reasonable and a little goes a long way. It doesn't come with a mirror but that doesn't bother me since I prefer using a big mirror anyway. This foundation is not terrible but needs a lot of perfecting to work for people who need more coverage. In the meantime, I'll continue to use my trusted Maybelline dream matte mousse (which is different from this one)  till I find my HG foundation.

Best Product I've Ever Used

from Ames, IA

About Me Trendy Style

Pros

• Convenient Container
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizing
  • True To Color

Cons

• Everyday Use

Comments about Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation:

Are you looking for the best foundation you will ever use? Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation is what you are looking for then. This foundation is great for makeup users that are looking a lightweight foundation that provides great coverage. Perfect for going out or everyday wear, this amazing product will get the job done, and then some. Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation excels in providing a long lasting, color matching foundation that makes your skin healthier.

Color-
    The skin color matching of Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation is incredible! With the wide variety of shades available you are sure to find one that is almost identical to your skin. Not only does it match your skin tone well, it also hides those problem spots we all have. There is no need to cake it on to cover those problem areas. Simply apply it evenly on your face and it gives a great, even coverage.

Durability-
    Tired of finding your foundation on your clothes? Then this foundation is for you. Perfect for all day wear, this foundation never rubs off, dries out your skin, or makes your skin oily. Its lightweight formula makes it feel like you have nothing on. Simply apply with the rest of your makeup and go! No need to worry about reapplying throughout the day, you are able to completely enjoy yourself.

Skin Health-
    The best part about this foundation is how healthy it makes your skin. Like many of us I too suffer from acne. Not only did this product clear up my acne, but it moisturized my skin as well! Usually my skin is rather dry. This foundation fixed my dry skin better than any moisturizer I have used before. This product is fantastic for helping those of us that may have less than ideal skin to have healthier skin.

This foundation is great for all makeup lovers. Maybelline has really outdone their competitors by creating a product that exceeds color correction, durability, and skin health. Purchasing this foundation may be among the best decisions you ever make!

• Skin Tone:
    • Fair

Horrible make up!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation:

I had to make an emergency out of state trip and I left my make up bag sitting on the counter in my bathroom. I wear make up every single day and I could not go without it so I went to the small store where I was at and got some of this. I got it out and put it on and started rubbing it into my face and all the areas. When I looked in the mirror I could not believe what I saw, I looked like I was a cake that had just been frosted. I did not even use very much of this but it looked like I had caked on the foundation and I had an icing of foundation on my face. I took make up wipes and finally got it all off and used a tiny bit and it still looked like I was wearing way too much make up. It covered everything up on my face and hid any fine lines, wrinkles, or acne, but it just looked like I was wearing 10 lbs of it. It also felt so heavy on my face, it did not leave me feeling like it was light and airy, it felt really heavy and weighed me down a lot!

The Best Foundation I Have EVER used!

from Rockville, MD

quick and easy to apply

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation:

I love this foundation, it about medium coverage, and its build able if you prefer a heavier coverage. Its very light and smooth very easy to apply for those mornings your in a hurry. it doesn't smell, and the color selection is okay. I use the sponge applicator with it and its very nice but also use a flat top brush as well-which is what i prefer. the finish the is.. well smooth. its apply evenly and gives you a flawless airbrush finish, what i love. The foundation it self its whipped like the dream mousse foundation.

there are a few down falls, it doesn't last very long-in product wise, and the compact is not convenient; its a twist top and i would of preferred a regular compact.

But overall i do love this foundation, and its at a affordable price.

Love Love Love

from Fairhope, AL

Comments about Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation:

I am not a foundation girl, my skin is sensitive and I just don't like to feel like I have makeup clogging up the pores which most foundations do. I like a very natural sheer look and so it is very difficult for me to find a foundation that I like or will even pay for (extremely picky). I received a small sample of this product and well I thought I would just give it a go. If I don't like then I can just wash it off. So I put it on and at first I liked how the foundation is light and easy to apply. I was curious if the color would blend or match or if it would just look un-natural. The mousse was very easy to use and blend and I was very pleasantly surprised at how natural it looked... just enhanced my look instead of looking like I was now wearing foundation. Waited a few minutes to see I could stand it on my skin and well yes I could... my skin was still breathing... surprised! So now I decided to wear it out in the sun and see if it had staying power... and yes it was durable for a full day outdoors. So this is definitely a winner coming from a very picky foundation user! Thank you Maybelline!

Hello, Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse

from Williamsburg, VA

Comments about Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation:

I'm saying "good-bye" to all my former foundations and "hello" to Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse. Having been blessed with great skin thus far this thirty-something is finally giving skin care a second thought. A few months back my normally normal skin went dry; bone dry. Several well-meaning hints from my doting husband brought me out of dry skin denial. I went to the local superstore in search of something to relieve the flaking, itchy skin. Perusing the aisles, I stumbled upon Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse and the fine print "ultra-hydrating" leapt of the package. It has indeed lived up to it's promise. Combined with an almost daily routine of moisturizer, my dry skin has finally returned to normal. This foundation is, well, dreamy and smooth just as the name suggests. The convenient applicator holder built into the bottom is a real time saver and this frazzled mom's dream come true (no more digging through the makeup bag in search of the elusive foundation applicator). This foundation is definitely comparable to all other foundations I have used in the past and is sure to be found in my makeup stash from now until the next skin care crisis arises.

Not for skin that needs a lot of coverage

from Hampstead, MD

Gross

from Corona, CA

Comments about Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation:

I really don't like this foundation.  I've tried applying it a bunch of different ways and the only way I've found to get the least amount of streaks is to use a brush and even then it still streaks quite a bit.  The shades aren't too wonderful either.  All the shades I've tried are super pink and within two or three hours on my face the color becomes orange.  Also no matter what primer I put underneath this or what setting powder I use this foundation still seems to slide all over my face.  My skin IS oily and I definitely understand that any foundation will start to move around if my face gets too oily but I've never had a foudation slip around this much on my face.  I like the idea of this foundation alot, however.  The texture of it in the pot is nice and I think a creamier foundation would be a good thing to have during the winter but I was really not impressed with this foundation at all.  If they changed the formula and shades I might try it again but so far I really hate it.

best thing i've found so far, lovin' it!

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation:

I absolutely love this foundation! I will be honest and say that I have yet to find the perfect foundation, but this comes pretty close. I'm sure there are things I can do for my skin that will help the foundation appear better on my skin. I have extremely oily skin and I break out every day, with those huge, awful zits that turn into sores and then scars. So liquid foundations don't give me enough coverage--not even close. And concealer just makes my zits a thousand times worse. Having said that, this foundation is a cream foundation that you put on with a sponge (provided when you but it) and it is so EASY TO APPLY, which is great for me because I can put it on quickly in the morning and touch up throughout the day really quickly. It's got GREAT COVERAGE and actually covers up my flaws and redness and evens out my skin tone beautifully. It's the closest to the right color I've found for me, although the lightest is stil a tad too dark, but I am pretty white, so that's no surprise for me. It makes your SKIN LOOK SO SMOOTH. I will say it doesn't last that way the whole day, but I've never found a foundation that does. I've tried this with primer underneath but it didn't go on as well--maybe I'm using the wrong primer. And since my skin is super oily, I add a light layer of Maybelline translucent powder to get rid of the shine.

Dream Smooth Mousse is AWESOME!!

from Floyd, VA

Comments about Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation:

This product is really great. They have so many different shades that you will be sure to find your color. The Dream Smooth Mousse goes on so smoothly it doesn't even lok like your wearing anything. You just have to make sure you put it on correctly. I would recommend this product to my friends and family, and for anybody that wants a gret foundation.