3.9
Maybelline
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

3.9

Pros

• Blends well (5)
  • Goes on smoothly (5)
  • Long-lasting (5)
  • Easy to apply (4)
  • Good pigmentation (4)

• Full coverage (4)
  • Normal skin (4)
  • Acne-prone or oily skin (3)
  • Dry skin (3)
  • Light to medium coverage (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (4)

Finally, a good foundation that matches my skin tone!

Every since I began to "dabble" with makeup (very late in life - early twenties), one of the most difficult things for me to achieve was a flawless look. You know the kind that you see in magazines. You would be surprised, but as a woman of color, it was very hard to find the right foundation for my skin tone without spending lot of money. Even in the makeup lines designed for women of color, I didn't find what I was looking for.

I caught the chicken pox in my early teens which left some scarring on my face and other parts of my body.  So I was looking for a foundation that would provide some really good coverage and found Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse. It gives you really good coverage yet allows your skin to breathe. After two attempts, I found a really good match for my skin tone when I decided to try the foundation in Cocoa!  Jackpot!

Now if I could just learn how to seal the makeup so it doesn't rub off so easilty, it will be the makeup brand I choose for life!  Maybe some of you makeup divas can help me out there.  But otherwise, ladies of color, I challenge you to browse carefully at this make up line.  It took me two tries but I finally found the perfect match for me!

This Dream Mousse turned my face into a nightmare!

I try every foundation I see, it seems. I am always on the lookout for new formulas and **Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation** was a new concept when I tried it last year. I recently unearthed my jar and tried it again and remembered all the reasons I only used it a couple of times before tossing it into my "giveaway bin". **My Use** I chose Sandy Beige judging from the lid and the contents inside the jar. It turned out to be a pretty good match. The foundation is a whipped solid which is very soft to the touch. I primed my face then applied the mousse foundation. It applied nicely and felt creamy. However, it seemed dull on my face. It is matte, so that could be why I felt my face looked "dull" rather than glowing. The coverage is good. Although the formula is fluffy, it does have enough pigment to cover flaws and uneven skin tone. At first glance, this seemed to even out my skin and look nice, even though it was very matte. It also felt good - somewhat cool and soothing. But, for some reason, this foundation sunk into my pores and made them look huge! The foundation also seems to be masklike in a way, not blending very well with my other cosmetics. I like foundations to look, well, like nothing. This looked like foundation, especially in the sun. It wasn't the shade choice, it was the formulation that made it seem cakey on me. Because I have dry skin, a matte foundation is usually not a good idea and it wasn't this time. It does last for hours and doesn't seem to wear away but my pores were so magnified that I was self-conscious when I wore this. I had the same reaction when I tried this product again today. It smoothed on nicely, felt cool, looked matte but OK, then seemed to crawl into my fine lines and open my pores. Ugh. Not great. This isn't awful and I have used worse. However, I think this foundation is better for those with oily or combination skin rather than dry. **Conclusion** Although I wasn't as disappointed in this foundation as I was in Maybelline Dream Mousse Shadow, this is definitely not one of my favorites. I give it 3 stars. It may work well for others but, for me, it was average at best.

Love the coverage

from WV

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long-Lasting
  • Matte Finish

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

This is one of my favorite "drug store" foundations. I love the full coverage & it goes on so smooth. Accessing the foundation once it gets to the bottom of the jar is a little difficult at times, but i just keep a qtip nearby when i getting low.

I Keep Buying This

from Lansing, MI

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Lightweight
    • Long-Lasting

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I bought this product on sale a couple years back and have been hooked on it ever since. I love how light and fluffy it is. It goes on easily and smoothly. It feels like it hydrates my skin and it makes my skin look more even and less dull. It easily fits in my pocket too so I can touch up if I ever need to.

Stays on Long and Travels Well!

from Port Orange, FL

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
      • Easy To Apply
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Good Pigmentation
      • Lightweight
      • Long-Lasting

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I usually tend to get darker circles under my eyes that drive me insane, so when I was given the chance to try this product free in exchange for my review I was looking forward to the chance to hopefully find a new product to help me fight this ongoing battle of mine! One thing that first drew me to the product is that it was a nice compact size, it also had a pretty secure lid AND best of all, a mirror! That itself was a major bonus point. It had a very nice and silky texture and let me build layers as I wished to for lighter or darker coverage. It also easily covered blemishes as well and I was very pleased with it. Would highly reccomend!

Great coverage

from Florida

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
        • Easy To Apply
        • Goes On Smoothly
        • Good Pigmentation
        • Lightweight
        • Long-Lasting

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I love this foundation! It has really good coverage it was easy to find a shade that matched my skin tone. It doesn't feel heavy on my face. and it lasts all day. I got multiple comments on how flawless my face looked. I love this foundation!!!!!

My favorite Foundation.

from Cleburne, TX

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
          • Easy To Apply
          • Goes On Smoothly
          • Good Pigmentation
          • Lightweight
          • Long-Lasting

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I love this foundation. It is light and airy like mousse but covers great and blends well. Best of all is they have my color. I am so white I could pass as a Vampire. Instead of just having Light as a color choice, they have Light 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You will find the perfect match for your skin. The price is right too. Even though it is a Mousse, it will last a long time. A little goes a long way.

Love the feel but messy application.

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I would love to give gbis product a ten because I love the feel of it on my face. I can't do that for a few reasons. Number one, this stuff is a mess to get on your face. If you use your fingers, pieces flake off when you go to smooth it on and get allover the place. Using a brush seems to be just as challenging. If I use a sponge it is easier but by then you have sucked up a lot of product and it goes to waste trapped inside your sponge and not on your face. Since the container doesn't contain a lot of product, I am not going to waste it like that. Another con for me as with most foundations is the lightest shade is too dark and too orange and too brown for me. Also, the product seems to dehydrate after time. You have to be careful not to leave it open while you are applying your other makeup. The feel is the best feel in a foundation I've ever tried but it is just not worth the headache of applying for me.

Good product to get shine free skin

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I used this product for years as a foundation when I began to wear makeup on an everyday basis. This product is brilliant for skin prone to shine, as the mouse texture blots this away and provides a heavy coverage. I wouldn't recommend this product to people who want a more natural makeup finish, as the mouse if quite heavy. This foundation is good to conceal acne prone skin during breakouts and comes in a variety of color shades to perfectly match your skin tone. The size of the pot may also appear not very generous but I found that this will easily last you two month's , with wearing the foundation everyday. As my skin has cleared up with age and become less acne prone i find this is now too heavy for me to wear, but was an absolute life saver during my teen years where liquid foundation didn't control shine. It was the perfect product as it saved me buying a finishing powder as-well when purchasing liquid foundation.

Cakey cakey cakey, at least for me.

from Kansas

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

Eek. I had high hopes for this foundation but was definitely disappointed. I have very fair skin [shout out to all the other gingers out there!] but usually can get the lightest shade of Maybelline foundations and it matches my skin tone. For some reason the Dream Matte Mousse was darker than usual, at first I thought I bought the wrong color compared to my usual but I did not. The second problem was how cakey the product made my face look. It went on fairly well but was a little heavy, which was interesting to me since it's titled "mousse" and all. After a few minutes I noticed the foundation was starting to look cakey in spots, which progressively got worse throughout the day. I thought maybe something weird was going on that day so I tried it a few more times but experienced the same problem with the cakiness [is that a word? haha] I would not recommend the product, personally, and will not be using it again.

Not for me

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

This is a very rich, full coverage cream foundation that I didn't like very much. I though this product was too thick and was almost paste like. I didn't like how pigmented this product was, and I feel like saying this product has a full coverage is an understatement. When it was on my skin, I feel like my pores couldn't breathe, and I felt like this foundation clogged my pores and may have triggered a break out or two. I wouldn't say that this foundation delivers a completely matte finish, but it does tone down some of my shiny skin (so maybe a semi-matte finish). I think this would have been better as a concealer that a foundation for the entire face because it is so rich and covers everything in its way. I say this product isn't for me because I tend to look for a light to medium coverage, and I want to go for a more natural look. I would recommend this product to people looking for a really full coverage, with semi-oily skin. All in all this wasn't exactly a bad product, I didn't like it because it doesn't give me a natural finish, with a light to medium coverage.

Really nice product and good price on it.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I have never been a fan of the wet foundations or the creams and especially not the liquid but I was quite surprised with this foundation. My cousin recommended I try it because I am so pale and she has had good luck with it.

I was a little bit skeptical because it is a mousse which makes it feel wet and creamy but it's actually very sponge like and goes on great. I especially like that when I buy the ivory and the porcelain ivory that they are actually skin tone color and not an orange or yellow color that is way off from my natural pale hue.

The foundation blends very easily on my finger tips and doesn't dry while I am applying. It goes on very easy and blends in all my trouble areas. Sometimes I use as an undereye cream only and other times I use as a spot treatment concealer before putting on a powder but it works well for all of the above for the price it's in.

I can say it does feel a bit wet and is easy to smudge throughout the day. It doesn't really dry and kind of stays on creamy so I always take a powder or translucent powder and apply over top to really set it in so I don't have to worry about smudges all day. This seems to do the trick. I also use this on my eyelids before I put my eye shadow on and it seems to work as an eyeshadow primer as well!

One thing I can say is that it doesn't have an applicator and nothing blends it really well other than finger tips. I tried the cotton makeup clothes but they ended up absorbing and wasting a lot of my product.

Overall a good buy but the downfall is you have to set it with another product or it's going to be "wet" all day and creamy and smudge really bad. Plus when you sweat it feels like it's moving. It does give you a flawless look though! Just remember to set it.