3.9

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

3.9

Pros

Cons

Finally, a good foundation that matches my skin tone!

Every since I began to "dabble" with makeup (very late in life - early twenties), one of the most difficult things for me to achieve was a flawless look. You know the kind that you see in magazines. You would be surprised, but as a woman of color, it was very hard to find the right foundation for my skin tone without spending lot of money. Even in the makeup lines designed for women of color, I didn't find what I was looking for.

I caught the chicken pox in my early teens which left some scarring on my face and other parts of my body.  So I was looking for a foundation that would provide some really good coverage and found Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse. It gives you really good coverage yet allows your skin to breathe. After two attempts, I found a really good match for my skin tone when I decided to try the foundation in Cocoa!  Jackpot!

Now if I could just learn how to seal the makeup so it doesn't rub off so easilty, it will be the makeup brand I choose for life!  Maybe some of you makeup divas can help me out there.  But otherwise, ladies of color, I challenge you to browse carefully at this make up line.  It took me two tries but I finally found the perfect match for me!

This Dream Mousse turned my face into a nightmare!

I try every foundation I see, it seems. I am always on the lookout for new formulas and **Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation** was a new concept when I tried it last year. I recently unearthed my jar and tried it again and remembered all the reasons I only used it a couple of times before tossing it into my "giveaway bin". **My Use** I chose Sandy Beige judging from the lid and the contents inside the jar. It turned out to be a pretty good match. The foundation is a whipped solid which is very soft to the touch. I primed my face then applied the mousse foundation. It applied nicely and felt creamy. However, it seemed dull on my face. It is matte, so that could be why I felt my face looked "dull" rather than glowing. The coverage is good. Although the formula is fluffy, it does have enough pigment to cover flaws and uneven skin tone. At first glance, this seemed to even out my skin and look nice, even though it was very matte. It also felt good - somewhat cool and soothing. But, for some reason, this foundation sunk into my pores and made them look huge! The foundation also seems to be masklike in a way, not blending very well with my other cosmetics. I like foundations to look, well, like nothing. This looked like foundation, especially in the sun. It wasn't the shade choice, it was the formulation that made it seem cakey on me. Because I have dry skin, a matte foundation is usually not a good idea and it wasn't this time. It does last for hours and doesn't seem to wear away but my pores were so magnified that I was self-conscious when I wore this. I had the same reaction when I tried this product again today. It smoothed on nicely, felt cool, looked matte but OK, then seemed to crawl into my fine lines and open my pores. Ugh. Not great. This isn't awful and I have used worse. However, I think this foundation is better for those with oily or combination skin rather than dry. **Conclusion** Although I wasn't as disappointed in this foundation as I was in Maybelline Dream Mousse Shadow, this is definitely not one of my favorites. I give it 3 stars. It may work well for others but, for me, it was average at best.

My favorite Foundation.

from Cleburne, TX

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Lightweight
  • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Mature Skin
    • Normal Skin
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I love this foundation. It is light and airy like mousse but covers great and blends well. Best of all is they have my color. I am so white I could pass as a Vampire. Instead of just having Light as a color choice, they have Light 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You will find the perfect match for your skin. The price is right too. Even though it is a Mousse, it will last a long time. A little goes a long way.

• Skin Tone:
    • Fair

Love the feel but messy application.

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I would love to give gbis product a ten because I love the feel of it on my face. I can't do that for a few reasons. Number one, this stuff is a mess to get on your face. If you use your fingers, pieces flake off when you go to smooth it on and get allover the place. Using a brush seems to be just as challenging. If I use a sponge it is easier but by then you have sucked up a lot of product and it goes to waste trapped inside your sponge and not on your face. Since the container doesn't contain a lot of product, I am not going to waste it like that. Another con for me as with most foundations is the lightest shade is too dark and too orange and too brown for me. Also, the product seems to dehydrate after time. You have to be careful not to leave it open while you are applying your other makeup. The feel is the best feel in a foundation I've ever tried but it is just not worth the headache of applying for me.

Good product to get shine free skin

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I used this product for years as a foundation when I began to wear makeup on an everyday basis. This product is brilliant for skin prone to shine, as the mouse texture blots this away and provides a heavy coverage. I wouldn't recommend this product to people who want a more natural makeup finish, as the mouse if quite heavy. This foundation is good to conceal acne prone skin during breakouts and comes in a variety of color shades to perfectly match your skin tone. The size of the pot may also appear not very generous but I found that this will easily last you two month's , with wearing the foundation everyday. As my skin has cleared up with age and become less acne prone i find this is now too heavy for me to wear, but was an absolute life saver during my teen years where liquid foundation didn't control shine. It was the perfect product as it saved me buying a finishing powder as-well when purchasing liquid foundation.

Cakey cakey cakey, at least for me.

from Kansas

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

Eek. I had high hopes for this foundation but was definitely disappointed. I have very fair skin [shout out to all the other gingers out there!] but usually can get the lightest shade of Maybelline foundations and it matches my skin tone. For some reason the Dream Matte Mousse was darker than usual, at first I thought I bought the wrong color compared to my usual but I did not. The second problem was how cakey the product made my face look. It went on fairly well but was a little heavy, which was interesting to me since it's titled "mousse" and all. After a few minutes I noticed the foundation was starting to look cakey in spots, which progressively got worse throughout the day. I thought maybe something weird was going on that day so I tried it a few more times but experienced the same problem with the cakiness [is that a word? haha] I would not recommend the product, personally, and will not be using it again.

Not for me

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

This is a very rich, full coverage cream foundation that I didn't like very much. I though this product was too thick and was almost paste like. I didn't like how pigmented this product was, and I feel like saying this product has a full coverage is an understatement. When it was on my skin, I feel like my pores couldn't breathe, and I felt like this foundation clogged my pores and may have triggered a break out or two. I wouldn't say that this foundation delivers a completely matte finish, but it does tone down some of my shiny skin (so maybe a semi-matte finish). I think this would have been better as a concealer that a foundation for the entire face because it is so rich and covers everything in its way. I say this product isn't for me because I tend to look for a light to medium coverage, and I want to go for a more natural look. I would recommend this product to people looking for a really full coverage, with semi-oily skin. All in all this wasn't exactly a bad product, I didn't like it because it doesn't give me a natural finish, with a light to medium coverage.

Really nice product and good price on it.

from West Virginia

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I have never been a fan of the wet foundations or the creams and especially not the liquid but I was quite surprised with this foundation. My cousin recommended I try it because I am so pale and she has had good luck with it.

I was a little bit skeptical because it is a mousse which makes it feel wet and creamy but it's actually very sponge like and goes on great. I especially like that when I buy the ivory and the porcelain ivory that they are actually skin tone color and not an orange or yellow color that is way off from my natural pale hue.

The foundation blends very easily on my finger tips and doesn't dry while I am applying. It goes on very easy and blends in all my trouble areas. Sometimes I use as an undereye cream only and other times I use as a spot treatment concealer before putting on a powder but it works well for all of the above for the price it's in.

I can say it does feel a bit wet and is easy to smudge throughout the day. It doesn't really dry and kind of stays on creamy so I always take a powder or translucent powder and apply over top to really set it in so I don't have to worry about smudges all day. This seems to do the trick. I also use this on my eyelids before I put my eye shadow on and it seems to work as an eyeshadow primer as well!

One thing I can say is that it doesn't have an applicator and nothing blends it really well other than finger tips. I tried the cotton makeup clothes but they ended up absorbing and wasting a lot of my product.

Overall a good buy but the downfall is you have to set it with another product or it's going to be "wet" all day and creamy and smudge really bad. Plus when you sweat it feels like it's moving. It does give you a flawless look though! Just remember to set it.

A clumpy, flaky foundation after a few days.

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

When I say after a few days, I mean after owning the product for a few days, not having it on your face. I've used this mousse for a few years and am still on my first tub, but it isn't nearly like it was when I got it. It's dried out, it's flaky when it goes on my face, and it doesn't give me very complete coverage. I've tried several different methods of application, from using my finger to using a q-tip. Neither work very well, thought the q-tip worked for a while until it got extremely dried out. Now this mousse is my last resort for a quick coverup, and I will only use it if I have nothing left. At first it's a great texture - it's supple, light, and thick - but then it becomes dry, flaky, and thin. I used to be 100% against liquid foundations, but after using this, it turned me off solid foundations. I now use a different product and I am much happier - but I still have this in case I need a back up for my foundation.

Pimples galore!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

This made my skin absolutely terrible. It broke me out all over my cheeks, chin, and nose. My skin was doing fairly well until I tried this and it took my face months to recover from the dark spots the large pimples it caused left behind. This foundation is very thick and makes me my face look cakey and powdery. It does not look natural whatsoever. It is very drying and makes the dry spots on my face very noticeable and it crusts up into little balls of foundation around them. It covers acne somewhat well, but if they are peeling at all it really accentuates it. It stayed on for many hours, more than six without needing to touch up. The jar packaging is really unhygienic and I am afraid that could also cause breakouts. It has a really weird texture, really like a mousse. It is fluffy and feels really soft. It does feel nice putting it on your face because it is fluffy and kind of tickles, and I find it weird that it gets so cakey from starting off so soft.

Not bad but not my favorite either.

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

I gave this foundation a try recently to see what I would think of it. It was not a bad foundation but it definitely was not my favorite. I did not like the way it went on to my skin. It is truly a mousse texture and it feels really soft. However, I did not like the way that texture looked when I rubbed it into my skin. It felt too think and matted on to my face. It had a nice scent to it and the color matched my skin really well. It hid all my blemishes and gave my skin an even looking tone. However, I just could not get hooked on how it felt and looked on my skin. I thought it did not look like other foundations I had used. I decided to stick with the liquid kinds from here on out. I would not use this again but I know people that love it. I would recommend trying it out and seeing what you think of it. I think this one comes down to personal preference for how you want your foundation to look and feel.

My new foundation and it is good!

Comments about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation:

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation is one of the most recent additions to my makeup bag. Earlier I was using another name brand foundation which runs little costly. Two months back when I was out of my then foundation, I decided to give a try to some other product. I tried many more foundations in the store before choosing this one. This base is just so tranquil and weak, it looks so lifelike. Oftentimes, I have been complimented for the glowing skin, though it was this foundation!
    I use it directly on clean face, it hides dark circles and spots very evenly. I use it on a daily basis when doing the quick makeup in five minutes. If you use this foundation, you are all set, just some blush on and lipstick. No more concealer or compact. Moreover, it will last really long, you need a very little at a time. It lasts throughout the day unless you take it off with makeup remover.
    Overall, I am happy with this purchase, and it's my new favorite. I have already been recommending this product to my friends and family.