4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Like a dream and all that it seems

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB is an 8-in-1 beauty balm skin perfector. It claims to blur imperfections, enhance, brighten, adjust to skin tone, smooth, hydrate, protect with SPF 30, and be light with 0% oils. I used this lotion every day for a week to test it out.
On the first claim of the BB cream, that it blurs imperfections, I would have to agree. I have some brown spots on my face, and the cream diminishes the look of them. The yellow tones of the cream also tone down my ruddy complexion, making my redness much less noticeable.
On the second claim of enhancement, I would agree as well. Most liquid make-up that I have tried before tends to show more of my wrinkles, rather than hide them. Dream Fresh BB does not highlight my wrinkles. Instead, it makes them less noticeable. And it even helps with dark circles under the eyes. To explain, I went to an interview after tossing and turning all night. I did not sleep well at all, so I made sure to put on my Dream Fresh BB. I went to the interview and when I returned, my husband asked me how I was. I told him I was really tired, but he said I didn't look tired at all. Thanks to the BB cream!
As for brightening, I could see that right away when I put on the cream. It gave me a glow, and made me feel and look younger.
I used the light/medium shade of BB cream, and although it went on a little lighter than my natural skin tone, it adjusted so that you could not tell. There were no obvious lines where the coverage stopped. And it gave me the natural look that I like.
As far a s the smoothing and hydrating go, my skin looks much more supple. The fine lines are not showing, and the dry skin on my forehead is gone, without the use of other moisturizing products.
The cream goes on smoothly and is very lightweight on my skin. It does not feel heavy or oily. And while titanium dioxide is listed as the BB cream's active ingredient for sunscreen, the concentration is much lower than I have found in other SPF 30 sunscreens. I am not sure how well it acts as a sunscreen with only a 1.15% of titanium dioxide, while other SPF 30 sunscreen have 3%, 5%, or more.
Overall, I think the BB cream is super product. It gives me a natural look while evening out my skin tone. The cream goes on easily with even coverage. It gives me a radiance I love, helps my skin stay hydrated and smooth, and helps protect my skin from the sun's harmful rays. On a scale of 5 stars, I definitely rate this as a 5-star product.

Broke Out Skin

I don't normally wear foundation but I saw a free sample for the Dream Fresh BB cream, and I decided to check it out before I jumped on the BB bandwagon. I don't have sensitive skin, and I've been blessed to rarely ever get a pimple. Yet few hours after I put this on (when I didn't change my make up routine in any other way) I noticed red dots along the bottom of my face and chin area. I immediately washed my face and by that night the red bumps were gone. I was super bummed because the BB did feel nice going on with hardly any smell and made my skin look more even. I have lots a freckles on the bridge of my nose and on my cheeks and very mild rosacea of the cheek of one side of my face. The Dream Fresh BB easily covered these flaws without it making my face look cakey. However, it doesn't matter how well it worked when it caused more problems than it fixed. I did a quick check online to see if I was just a weird fluke in have a reaction to the Dream Fresh BB, but I read about lots of others who had the same red bump problem.

Like a dream and all that it seems

from Houston, TX

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Lightweight
  • Natural Looking
  • Smooth

Cons

• Medium

good for light coverage

from Dallas,TX

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

Before I tried this, I used the Aveeno tinted moisturizer. I wasn't impressed with Aveeno and decided to try this BB cream. I am using it now. Honedtly, it doesn't live up to all the hype. When you read the benefits and claims, you think it's going to be great. I admit, it does offer light coverage. It helps give you a clearer more even toned skin. The tint is good on your skin. The cons are more then the pros. It tends to make your skin oily. I do not suggest it for those who have oily skin. It doesn't provide heavy coverage. Sometimes you have to use a lot to notice a difference in your skin. I feel it's a bit too watery, not thick enough. It does offer a variety of shades. It is not too bad in price. It is grrat for everyday use, when you just want to give your skin a pick me up. Great for those who want a quick make-up regimen. Great for those days when you have little or no time to do your make-up. I use it during the week, but on the weekends I use something with more coverage. It also tends to make me break out from time to time. If you are expecting it to give you flawless looking skin, this is not the product. I don't know if I'd buy it again.

Great product if you want a tinted moisturizer

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

I am a big fan of this cream. I have very fair skin and have tried other drugstore bb creams and the lightest is always way too dark and orange. I bought this in the light sheer tint and it is perfect for my fair, pink toned complexion. It goes on really smoothly and easily and dries nice and matte. It is very light coverage, but that is what I always look for. It simply evens out my skin without making me look caked in makeup like foundations do. This has an odd scent at first which I believe is from the sunscreen, but it fades within minutes and I never even notice it for the rest of the day. It is spf 30 and the sunscreen ingredient is titanium dioxide which is awesome since it is one of the safe sunscreen. I love this product and will absolutely repurchase.

Con: The only reason I gave this an 8 instead of 10 is because it really does not do what it claims. This 8 in 1 skin perfector seems like a stretch. All these new bb products claim way more than they actually do. It will not change your skin, it will just act like a tinted moisturizer.

Not what I was hoping for.

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

I was so excited to try my first BB cream. I decided to try Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 because I thought 8-in-1 sounded like it had everything that I needed in it! Honestly I wasn't impressed. It didn't make may skin look any different or better. The coverage was a little too light for me and the consistency of the product was just too thin. Overall I just don't like the way it makes my skin look. It seems like it makes me a little bit oily and greasy. I actually think that it may have caused me to breakout a few times too. I was hoping for a light coverage, but this coverage is barely there. My bottle of this has been sitting in my drawer untouched for months. I may like it in the summer for the beach or going outside because it is a sunscreen, but if I am going to wear it for a night out I need to mix it with foundation or put power on top to get the coverage I am looking for. This product just wasn't what I wanted it to be.

Only BB Cream I Use!

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

I use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream every single day, no matter what. I'm a college student and I don't usually have time in the morning to apply moisturizer and primer and foundation and everything. I love that this is just one step and you're done.

This BB Cream is a mixture of a moisturizer and a foundation. It gives a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but less than a foundation. It also works well as a concealer. It gives me a nice even skin tone as well as brightening my face.

These are no oils in this product. It feels so light on your skin and I've never had a problem with it clogging pores or causing breakouts. It comes off easily at night with just some regular face soap and warm water.

My favorite thing about this BB Cream is that it contains SPF 30 to protect skin from sun damage. I have a family history of skin cancer, so this was definitely something I was looking for in a moisturizer/foundation. My dermatologist recommended using at least SPF 20 everyday, so this was perfect!

decent tinted moisturizer

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

This is really not a BB cream, it doesn't have the coverage, benefits, or skin-matching ability of a real BB cream. But it is an okay tinted moisturizer. It's very liquidy and light coverage, but it is gentle on the skin (didn't break me out, and I have sensitive skin) and the spf is a bonus.

Love this!

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

This is perfect if you have small blemishes here and there. Its so light and I feel like there's nothing on my skin. It dries almost to a powder finish and it doesn't make you greasy. In fact I do see my skin as more refined and with less blemishes with the help of this product. I do recommend setting it with a little powder cuz a downside is that it rubs of easily. Other than that amazing product. And also if you stipple more coverage is possible.

Color Range is Bad

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

The color range is not for people that have a yellow undertone on their skin. I tried the lightest shade and it made my face all ashy so I tried the medium color and it made my face even more ashy. The coverage is sheer, great for teenagers or no makeup makeup days. I will admit that this BB cream felt very heavy on my skin so I stopped using it. I really wanted to like this product! Boo hoo.

Its okay

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

I wouldn't give this a perfect rating because it's not really perfect. It does cover up my blemishes and what not, but sometimes you need to put a little too much on and it doesn't look natural like you want it to. I put this under my eyes sometimes to get rid of any dark circles and I notice that it doesn't really cover it up too well so I have to apply more! I think this does what it's supposed to, but it's not as high quality as I'd like it to be I guess. I think to get the full package you have to give in and just go purchase one of the expensive ones.

Decent tinted moisturizer

Comments about Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector:

This is a pretty nice product. I am young and have clear skin so I don't need a heavy coverage product, but the coverage for this is REALLY light. It basically doesn't do anything to cover blemishes on its own. This is definitely not a foundation or anything remotely resembling full coverage product, it's a tinted moisturizer, and it does its job at evening out color while being gentle on the skin and not causing irritation or breakouts (I'm very sensitive to foundation and face makeup in general, so this is perfect for me). It also feels nice and light, not too greasy, although I do have to wear a little bit of powder over it to stop my face from being shiny.

There are two negatives for me: 1) it contains SPF 30, but I've still been burned while wearing this alone; 2) it doesn't blend as well as I'd like, and can be visible and look chalky on the skin in strong light. I solve both these problems by mixing the product with a little bit of moisturizer with SPF before applying, which protects my skin better and makes it easier to blend (still not perfect or anything like an HD product, but better).

On the whole, this is a reasonably priced and fairly effective tinted moisturizer that's great for a light everyday tint.