3.5
Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades

Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades

3.5

Maybelline Eye Liner is a great product for the price

I am usually not very particular about my cosmetic selection.  I don't have to buy boutique or mall name brands or high priced cosmetics, just something that stays on well and isn't overpriced.  Therefore, I typically find myself at the drug store looking for what cosmetics are on sale.  I tend to lean toward all Cover Girl products because I have had good experience in the past with them.  One particular day, I found myself at Rite Aid with a Maybelline coupon and a great sale--and yes, I was in need of eyeliner.  I picked the define-a-line pencil up because it most closely resembled what I was currently using.

I must say, I really like it.  I chose the black color and it is a nice, dark rich looking black.  The eyeliner pencil goes on almost like a liquid liner, it is such a smooth line.  I find I am able to just apply in one or two strokes.  The line itself is solid, thick and dark with a single application.  My only complaint is that I find when I apply to my bottom lids, the eyeliner runs/smudges within a very short period of time.

I think think this eyeline is a good eyeliner for the money and I will continue to buy it.

Maybelline eyeline goes on well but has smudging problems

Maybelline Define-a-line eyeliner is a reasonably priced option in and is widely available. I tried it because I seem to lose eyeliners on a ridiculously frequent basis. The brand I had been buying wasn't available and I needed some right away. I first picked up one option that left literally no color on my eyelids. I would have had to press it in and I don't like the way that feels. So before I left the parking lot, I ran back in and found this option.

I don't care for the pencil style eyeliners because they are difficult to apply for me, and kind of hurt when I put them on. I've used many brands that are non-pencil style and they usually work great. This one definitely left a dark, defined line. My only complaint is that it is too soft. It was difficult to get on without smudging it. Even after ten minutes of wearing it, it had smudged all around my eyes. This is just with normal use. It wasn't even hot and I wasn't sweating in the slightest. I can't imagine how it would run if I were jogging on a hot day! I won't be buying this brand again.

Does not last.

from Kansas

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

I love these types of eyeliner because there is no pencil to sharpen or liquid to make a mess with. I was excited when I saw the Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner come out because I have had many good experiences with Maybelline products. Unfortunately, this product is a major let down from Maybelline though.

This eyeliner is easy to put on. You simply twist the bottom and the eyeliner comes up. It goes on smoothly and the color is strong. The problem is the product does not last. I bought this in black and it would quickly fade into a weird shade of grey. This eyeliner also has a tendency to smear and run easily. You end up looking like a mess.

This eyeliner is convenient and looks great right when you put it on. However, the fact that it quickly fades, and easily smears and runs just makes it not worth it. There are similar eyeliners on the market that are much better quality.

Goes on smoothly, lasts all day

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

I am a faithful eyeliner user, and I have tried various products on the market. I recently had my first experience with Maybelline Define-A-line eye liner, and I love it! My initial impression was that the price was a bit steep, and that is why I didn't give it a perfect 10 rating. I did get a sale, so that helped a bit. But now that I see how well it performs, I won't mind paying the price in the future. It glides on so smoothly, much more noticeably than my former Almay eyeliner. I apply it in the morning, and it lasts all day without needing touchup. The color is rich. I have not used the blending edge much, but it is a nice option to have. I love that this pencil does not need sharpened! It imply extends by clicking the bottom. I have lost so many pencils because they just won't sharpen and continue to break. This does not smudge or smear and makes a nice even line. I would also recommend it for sensitive skin or eyes. This was my first time buying this product, but it won't be my last!

Comparable to Higher Priced Eye Liners

from SalemNY

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

I'm always looking for the best quality and best priced eyeliner. I don't wear a lot of makeup, eye liner and eye concealer being all I typically use. This is sold at a great price for it's quality. It comes in a variety of colors as well which for me isn't a huge deal as I normally stick with darker browns or black shades. This liner glides on very easily and does not seem to irritate my skin while putting it on or wearing it for hours during the day. If you don't use a makeup remover it stays on for a while. I shower daily and wash my face two times and the longest it has stayed on where I could see traces of it was two to three days. I don't like that sometimes it smudges around my eyes or causes spots on my eyelids even without concealer which I thought was the problem. Its a good quality product that I have purchased numerous times and will most likely purchase in the future. Great price and i would recommend it to all my girl friends.

A Little Smudgy...

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

I found that Maybelline Define-a-Line eye liner went on very smoothly and quickly, but smudged just as easily. I like the very thin point, as it makes the lines less harsh. The eyeliner does not stay on very well, but the color is still nice. I would recommend using wet n' wild eyeliner for half the price and about the same quality.

Has nice pigmentation but smears all over the place.

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

I have used this product, and when I applied it, it had a very dark and strong pigmentation to it, which I definitely appreciated. I just noticed that throughout the day, the product would smear and go all over my eyes. I found that a bit frustrating, because the product applies so wonderfully, but then it doesn't last at all, which is annoying.

Doesn't Last

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

This eyeliner has good color and is easy to apply. I always love it as soon as I'm done. However, within a couple hours most of it is gone and it just looks awkward. It also smears more easily than eye liners I have used in the past. I wouldn't buy this again.

Applies so smoothly!

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

I love Maybelline Deine-a-Line Eye Liner! I use the blackest black and feel like it makes my eyes pop and look amazing. This applies so easily and smoothly. I don't have to really press down on my eyelids which is great because they don't end up getting irritated. I purchased these in a pack of two and it was a great deal for the price. Just one eye liner stick lasts me about two months and the best part is that I don't have to sharpen it with a pencil sharpener and waste any of it. I know that it is all getting used on my eyes and makes it feel like so much less waste. I love that it twists up so I have the choice of how far out or in I need it to be. The only bad part about it being twist up is that unless you check regularly, you could be stuck with no eye liner because you didn't realize you didn't have much left. I recommend checking often to make sure you aren't almost out. I would recommend this eye liner to those with sensitive skin and who need long lasting eye liner.

Best eyebrow pencil ever!

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

This is my every day eyebrow pencil,it's reasonably priced and it's better than all high end or drug store brow make up products I've tried! It looks so natural,it's like it just clings to your actual eyebrow hair so you get a very natural look! It's also,so easy and fast to apply,within seconds,your eyebrows will look perfect!

Beware of terrible allergic reaction affecting vision.

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

I purchased ebony black and had a terrible allergic reaction within a 1/2 hour of using this eyeliner. My eyes are clouding over, weeping pus and are very red and itchy. This is the third time I mistakenly used this eyeliner and now will attach a note to it to NEVER use or purchase again. I am 57, have no known allergies and have used other Maybelline products but never had this happen. It lasts about 3 days..BEWARE

maybelline define a line eyeliner

from Chesapeake, OH

Comments about Maybelline Define-a-Line Eye Liner - All Shades:

I bought this thinking it woud be easier then a eye liner pencil. i thought wrong. it was easy to glide on and easy to use. but it was horrible about wearing off way too quickly and smearing and runs horribly.