3.8
Other Mascaras:
Maybelline

3.8

Beautiful looking lashes

I love Define-A-Lash!! It makes your lashes look very long and beautiful. I was a little skeptical to try it at first because the brush didn't look like it was very good. I usually buy mascara with very thick bushy brushes, but this brush is rubbery and spiny. The first time I used the Define-A-Lash I was very impressed. I have tried a ton of diffenet types of mascara and this one is one of the best. The brush seems to seperate the lashes as it's coating them so you don't get clumpy spider leg looking eye lashes. The mascara goes on thick and coats evenly so you don't really have to apply more than one coat. I put 2 coats of it on sometimes if I REALLY want my eyes to pop and they look awesome. I am very excited everytime I get a new makeup product. I love trying new makeup, but it looks like I wont be trying any new mascara for a while. I think I will be sticking with the Define-A-Lash. I also like it because unlike some of the other mascaras you get fantastic results without having to put a clear or white coat on first then the mascara, this mascara is really fast and hassle free. Great if you don't have ten minutes to spend fussing over your eyelashes!! I highly recommend the Define-A-Lash.

Define-a-Lash feels like I used house paint for mascara

I adore mascara and I've tried a bunch of different types of mascara.  I'm always looking for that one that will make my lashes long and full without making them heavy or sticky and...Read complete review

I adore mascara and I've tried a bunch of different types of mascara.  I'm always looking for that one that will make my lashes long and full without making them heavy or sticky and won't rub off.

Define-A-Lash is not that mascara.

The flimsy wand makes it difficult to apply the lacquer they're peddling as mascara. One swipe doesn't make my lashes look evenly coated, but more makes them clump together. More swipes are needed to seperate, but by then my lashes are pretty heavy with paint.

At the end of the day the mascara is difficult to wash off. It is not waterproof, I never buy waterproof formulas because I DO want to be able to make it come off without make-up remover. There is a waterproof version of Define-A-Lash, but I don't know why they bothered to produce it.

I love my lashes and I love putting on mascara. It's usually the best part of my make-up routine.

But this morning I skipped that part because I couldn't bear the thought of putting that stuff on my lashes again - so I just went without.

I've only had this mascara a week and I hate it already.

Best basic, no frills mascara

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

This is a great everyday mascara for those who don't care to have dramatic lashes on a daily basis. It darkens the lashes and does not clump one bit. If you want curl, you need to curl your lashes first. Personally my lashes never seem to be able to hold a nice curl with any mascara so I can't really vouch for whether or not this mascara works in that respect. I also like to run this mascara over my lashes after I've applied a different mascara that gives me more of a dramatic look and helps comb out my lashes nicely.

• Ease of Application:

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara is one of their best!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

I'm pretty picky about mascaras. I want them to do everything: add volume, length, separate my lashes and not be clumpy. It's very hard to to find one that does everything I want it to, but **Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara** is better than most.

I've tried the other version of this mascara; it's green and is for length, not volume. I really liked it too, but this one is a little better.

While I don't notice a huge improvement in volume over the green tube, it is a little better. It does really add length nicely because of the brush - it's almost like it grabs every lash, pulls them up, separates them and leaves them nice and long. I don't get clumps on my lashes either because of the awesome brush (which is made of the silicone type of bristles).

Ease of Application
It took me a little while to get used to applying this mascara because it bends at the joint where the brush and the wand meet. Once I got used to it, I learned to love it. Besides the green version of this mascara, I've never used a mascara wand that bends, and I do prefer it now.

• Ease of Application:

Beautiful looking lashes

from East Alton, IL

Maybelline Define-a-Lash Mascara is Good

from Grand Blanc, MI

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

Maybelline Define-a-Lash Volume Mascara works pretty good. It's not perfect but not bad.

Define-a-Lash Volume Mascara can be found in any retailer where drug store make-up brands are found. It comes in a nice looking bright pink container.

Define-a-Lash Volume Mascara is an average priced drug store mascara. It can often be found on sale.

This mascara is said to be for volume. I would say that this mascara doesn't do much for volume. If anything, it goes on very neat and smooth with clumping or flaking, but there is little volume. The applicator tip has little plastic bristles which are great for preventing clumps and catching every lash. This is a no mess, no fuss mascara.

My lashes are very neat and separated but light on volume. The color and texture is very nice and application is easy.

I recommend this mascara for it's non-clumping brush, but if you're wanting volume, this isn't for you.

No Clumps!!

from Anacortes, WA

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara is one of the best mascaras I have ever used! My eyes look ten times younger and they really stand out. I tried all of these other mascaras but they never seemed to give me that glam and sparkle in my eyes. They always left clumps. The Define-A-Lash leaves no clumps and has the perfect brush for your lashes. I am always getting comments on my eyes and it's all thanks to Maybelline Define-A-Lash mascara. The black coloring makes my blue eyes pop right out and my eyes look much bigger. I feel like a princess when I am putting on the mascara. I love the way the brush just slides along my lashes. It creates such a beautiful look. There are so many mascaras that just clump together and make your lashes stick together, but not this one! My lashes look fuller and longer! I also trust the brand Maybelline as they have some other well-known and good quality products. If you're looking for a mascara with no clumps, makes your eyes pop out, and has definiton, then Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara is the match for you!!

Maybelline Define-A-Lash is awesome!

from Provo, UT

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

I have to say I have tried out a LOT of mascaras and types of makeup, and this seems to be the only item that reappears in my makeup bag after I have finished a bottle.  Mascara used to be basically the only makeup I wore on a regular basis, and so I had to be sure I found something that would lengthen my already rather short eyelashes, and stay on all day. This item does both for me. When used with a lash curler it gives me a natural and yet beautiful set of eyelashes that is irreplaceable on many levels. I have tried other types of Maybelline mascaras and other brands as well (some even more expensive), and have not found success as I have with this product. I think it has something to do not only with the formula for the mascara, but also with the small brush it uses with the plastic bristles, instead of hard wire bristles. I noticed after this mascara came out, many other brands tried to copy the type of brush it uses, and I have tried some of those, but have not liked any nearly as much as this!

Creates beautiful, natural lashes

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

i got my first tube of Maybelline Define-a-Lash as a freebie inside another Maybelline product.  Well, great move, Maybelline, because I'm a total convert.  I wear mascara at least 5 times a week and seek an end result that's full and natural-looking lashes.  I find that Define-a-Lash goes on easily and smoothly, right out of the tube.  There are no clumps on the brush and it's easy to build coverage.  If you take your time applying it, lashes don't stick together.  With my previous mascaras, I always used a lash comb.  With Define-a-Lash, I can get away without one if I need to - and not look like I applied my makeup in the dark.  This mascara stays all day, from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m., without flaking or giving me raccoon eyes.  Removing it is a dream.  No need for a separate makeup remover - my regular cleanser takes it off easily, without rubbing.  I love the results I get with Define-a-Lash, and I love that it's easy to find (often on sale!) at the drugstore.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

I've read other reviews on Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara and people either love it or hate it. Sorry to say that I'm on the hating side with this product. The first time I pulled out the wand I saw big globs of mascara on the wand. There was no use wiping it off because when I put put it back in and pulled it out a bigger blob of mascara came out with it. The bristles on the wand are super short so that when I swipe my lashes, extra excess of mascara cling onto my lashes and create clumps. It looks like I have gaps in my lash line because several lashes are clumped together. The tackiness of the mascara is apparent when you pull the wand out. Very sticky!!! The only positive thing I can say about this is that the product packaging is cute. There are other drugstore mascaras at this price point that definitly give you better results. Do not buy!!! This one is going back to the store!

Maybeline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara has flimsy wand

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

Define-A-Lash Volume mascara works well as far as providing some volume without too much clumpy.  However the wand became so wobbly that I cannot get it back in without grabbing the stick to push it back in.  This creates quite a mess on your hands!

Maybelline Defina-A-Lash, incredible volumizing power

from Charlemont, MA

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Washable Mascara:

Maybelline Define-A-Lash has incredible volumizing power. It is not as clumpy as some of the cheaper products on the market. It last all day long with effective bolding of the eyelashes. It is a little more expensive than some of the other comparable brands, but holds up to all day activity, keeping the look your trying to achieve. It's washable also making it a better cosmetic all together.