3.8
Other Learning Toys:
educational toy, electronic learning toys, Music
Mattel
Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs

Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs

3.8

Cover Your Ears The Ma Jigs and Daughters Are Here

Im a parent that loves to buy my kids fun and wild toys.Im not really into the scchool trend where all the moms buy toys for their kids like when it came to petshops they all went and bought the same puppy  my daughter had the puppy so i went and bought the armadillo for her to take to school. Before I knew it they all were walking around each cild in a class of 30 carrying armadellos thats 30 of the little creatures thats crazy You would think it would be boring having the same thing.

So on the having the same thing note I found these. Now having the same thing was at leastgoing to be fun for once  I just pitty the poor teacher when 30 of these little babies start going off. JUst kidding its going to be so much fun having that many in a room all at once. It will be intreresting to see how they all sing together and see how they interact. We have only seen how 5 get together and they all sing inharmony. I wonder if that many could . I will edit this review after the kids all get theirs as these little guys are not and sold out here quickly. I would not be surprised if every single child at my childrens school has this on their list to santa.

Ok first of all these are very cute little furry animals  well characters well say because some of them im not too sure what we have living with my daughter in her room

Now before you buy these make sure you either have a sound proof room or only allow it to be played with outside   the child will sing along with it at the top of their lungs i know  lol

Seriously though its a really cute toy worth collecting heck get 15 its neat when they all go off together    they harmonizeee   seriously  thety can chatter or sing a song by themselves or harmonize with other pets and you can switch which one you want

This toy will keep your children entertained as they have fun with it and collecting all the different ones

This is cute and my kids sing with theirs and I would recommend buying your child one for a unique gift for birthday holidays ect they are a cool gift to give as a birthday present when your childs classmate invites them

Fisher Price Sing A Ma Jigs

The Sing A Ma Jigs, are actually a Fisher Price toy not Mattel. Anyway, I'm giving this just an average 3 star rating. My daughter got this as a gift and at first I thought it was just a stuffed toy. Then a few days later someone squeezed this irritating doll. It's cute but the noise is really annoying after a while. It reminds me of the Teletubies, the sound is very similar with that high pitched non-sense sound. They don't serve any educational purpose, they are just cute little noisy things. They look a little creepy when they talk. I do need to give a warning that they bite! My baby stuck her finger in the toys mouth, and they have teeth that pinch rather hard. I am not sure how much these things cost, but I wouldn't pay very much for them. I have no desire to have anymore in my house to make "music," with them. My baby thought it was fun for about a minute. I gave it a higher rating, because if you could find it for dirt cheap it would make a decent gift. Just don't expect the parents to be thrilled with you. My older kids enjoy making fun of it. I would not recommend this toy.

Kid is Terrified!!

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

We got this as a gift from a well meaning friend. My 14 month old daughter is absolutely terrified of it. She literally screams and cries until we put it away somewhere. Personally it reminds me of that creature that lived in the wall in that old Drew Barrymore movie, Cat's Eye from the 1980s. Don't understand how anyone could like this thing, it creeps me out too!

Cute Enough!

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

The sing-a-ma-jigs are a cute toy for your child but they do not keep their attention for very long. They do best with kids older then the age of 3 because I realized that their button on their stomach is a little hard to push and they don't quite grasp the concept of being able to hold the button down to get them to sing longer. But they are a cute and fun toy.

Very annoying!

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

We received this as a gift for my three year old. This toy drives me nuts! We received the blue one that sings the "Happy Birthday" song. This thing sings the song as long as you are squeezing his tummy. His mouth opens to a big "O" shape when it sings. It is a computerized voice. This thing is definitely overpriced for what it is. My daughter didn't play with it at all. I think she was actually a little bit scared of it. It always ended up at the bottom of the toy box until I finally donated it or threw it away...I can't even remember what I did with it. It is a huge waste of money. I guess the idea behind it was kinda neat, but it's just not a welcoming toy. Even adults who came to our home would occasionally pick it up and be creeped out by it. I don't know what age group this toy is marketed too, but I just don't see any age group getting a kick out of it or liking it. It is just a useless toy. It did seem to be well made...that's the only good point I can make.

Creepy. Very, Very creepy.

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

My child is TERRIFIED of these. Not only do they make ungodly noise but they look scary. Really scary. Their tube shaped mouths show no expression, no emotion, and their dead centered eyes stare into your soul. My child refuses to get within 5 feet of these things. Don't waste your money.

Sing a ma jig is different...

from Roseville, CA

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

I bought this for my 8 month old who loves to cuddle with it. The teeth are kind of hard so while it's singing, I can't let my son put his finger in it. The colors to choose from are very bright and cheery but I wish it had more areas to push buttons besides the belly and foot. It's entertaining for the price.

Sing-a-ma-jigs are very cute and my daughter loves it.

from Warwick, RI

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

These little guys are really cute and the songs they sing are nice. It's funny when you squeeze them that their mouth opens and they have teeth. Very silly! My only complaint is it's a little tough to squeeze the body to make it sing so my daughter can't do it herself.

Fisher Price Sing A Ma Jigs

from Boise, ID

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

Very cute, but don't hold the kids' attention long.

from Bomoseen, VT

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

I bought three **Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs** for my children for Christmas.  I had seen them in magazines and all over the internet and they seemed to be something most kids would enjoy.

My five year old liked hers for about ten minutes, my three year old was not impressed.  My 4 month old got the most entertainment out of them, but obviously only as long as we had time to keep playing it for her!

However, I think they were the biggest hit with my husband and I!  We had a blast getting them to sing together, which is a really neat feature of **Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs**.  If you have more than one, they will synchronize to each other.

A month after Christmas they have been relegated to the toy box and are now pretty much ignored.  At least they were inexpensive.  They also have excellent battery life.****

Bottom line, I would recommend only buying one Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs per household, because it's going to get old quick.

Sing a ma jigs

from Fountain Valley, CA

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

press its right hand and it will switch the mode to sing a popular kid tune, talk in gibberish, or to sing different notes. The toy only sings the first few lines of a song and will repeat so it will get boring pretty fast. You control the tempo of the song by pressing its stomach longer or shorter to control the length of the note. Your hand will get tired pretty fast if the toy was bought for a baby since the toy is meant for kids ages 3+ and you will be the one pressing its belly constantly. The kid that I got it for seems to be interested in the product since he wouldn't let go of the toy and would stick his finger into its mouth while it was singing. The product uses 2 AAA batteries that is behind a Velcro shirt, Velcro back, and plastic case that requires a screw driver to open.

Sing - A - Ma - Jigs- Don't get the hype?

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Mattel Sing-A-Ma-Jigs:

My son received two of these for Christmas and I just don't get the hype.  Yes they are very colorful and attractive to little kids.  Huge plus that they are on the cheap side for a hot toy making it affordable for everyone to enjoy but has anyone listened to these things being squeezed and heard the annoying sounds they can make.  They are just so annoying and for me when ever anyone squeezes them it's like nails on a chalk board.  I think that they are suppossed to sing as you squeeze them but my son struggles to get them to make noise since they can be trickly for a young child.  My last complaint on them is they are just weird and I dislike their teeth but that of course is the one thing my child really does like about them.  I guess you  just need to be younger to appreciate them but I don't see the Sing- A- Ma- Jigs lasting another season.  I look forward to what 2011's hot toy will be.