Other Games & Puzzles:
Mattel
Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®

Summary

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots® deliver hard-hitting fun for over 40 years! The classic boxing match pits Red Rocker® versus Blue Bomber® in the ring, fists at the ready, with one aim in mind: be the first to knock their opponent’s block off! Kids will have a blast battling it out in the arena, with realistic sounds and jaw-jolting action. For 2 players.

Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®

• No (6), Yes (4)

awesome game

I have always loved this game! I think it is really fun for all ages. My children ages 3-8 all enjoy playing with each other. This is the only game that all my children can play and that they all like. There is no tiny pieces or papers you need to keep to be able to play. You just take it out and play! I especially like that my youngest can play with the other kids and he actually can play like them without always loosing. We have a lot of board games in our house and he's just not old enough yet so he gets upset that he's not invited to play. My kids play rock em sock em robots and they take turns playing against each other. The winner plays the next person and so on. They don't get upset or frustrated that the same person winds over and over again like they do with most of the other games we have. I would give this as a gift and if the one we have ever breaks I would definitely buy it again. My kids don't get bored with this game and it's fun for all ages and abilities. I definitely recommend this for homes with multiple aged children and it's great for including the younger kids in on the fun. This is a great Christmas gift idea for a large age group. I'm an adult and I even enjoy playing this with the kids and watching them have matches. I'm definitely going to be buying one of these for two of my nephews because they love to play It at my house. They always ask me to take it out so they can play when they come visit. Even when there is a big group of kids at my house this is a go to game that nobody Has to keep track of pieces and nobody is waiting a lengthy amount of time for a turn. Boys and girls of all ages Will most likely enjoy playing.

MIndless fun game that your child will bore easily with

The Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots game is a simple concept of two robots punching each other in a ring that resembles a wrestling arena. I played this with my child once or twice before the robots broke off the base of the platform. My four year old son was playing a little hard with the robots, when they broke from the base. These parts seem poorly made. The game itself was fun for the short amount of time that we could play for. It seemed to relieve my child of some anger issue by punching the plastic robot! This game does not add any educational value, and the game was over in a few minutes. Unfortunately, I can't recommend this game to everyone because of the issues that I mentioned above. The game is also fairly expensive, which does not help matters.

Simple Is Best

from Sonora, CA

Pros

• No batteries needed
  • No small parts to get lost

Cons

• Impossible to get the kids to put it down

• Siblings playing together, happily!

Comments about Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®:

My 6-year-old son has been begging us for Mattel's Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots ever since we bought it for him to take as a gift to a recent birthday party. We finally broke down and got it for him as a Christmas gift but at the party, this toy was the hit of the day. The boys immediately tore into it. It took a crowd of 6 and 7 year olds several minutes to initially assemble it but a single adult could've had to put together in less than a minute. Once assembled it stole the show. The kids took turns playing the winner and spent well over an hour trading off playing with it until cake was announced. I particularly appreciate that it doesn't have a bunch of small accessories and parts to get lost. It also doesn't need batteries to play with it, which saves us an enormous amount of money and stress. Honestly, Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots prove that simple is best.

I Love to Play

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®:

Not sure if I like to play this more than my kids, but it is a close one. This game is really old but still a lot of fun for moms and dads and for the kids. Choose your color robot, then try to knock your opponent out using the controls. It is really exciting and it is a game where anything can happen! WHen you hit one of the robots, his head pops up and it makes a really funny sound, which definitely adds to the excitement of the game. You get the red and blue robots and a wrestling ring for them to go at it. This is a game that both boys and girls love to play, but I think that it has the boy's hearts more! It is great for all ages.

• Was this a gift?:

Another classic that still rocks

from Atlanta, GA

Pros

• A Toy Story classic
  • Cool, fun, and groovy
  • Endless amounts of laughter
  • Everyone wants one
  • Sturdy and makes great decoration, too!
  • We have all wanted to play with it

Cons

• Do not foster violence with it
  • Make sure your kids know its a GAME

• Competitions
  • Family game night
  • Family gatherings
  • Make fun mini clips with them!
  • Office Entertainment

Comments about Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®:

This big toy is an asset below any Christmas tree. Who does not want this awesome toy for themselves? It is fun to play with, decorate with, keep at your office, great to let stress out, and it is a class act. Always a fun toy!

awesome game

Sock 'Em Robots Great Idea Poor Quality

from Bay, Arkansas

Comments about Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®:

I have 6 & 7 year old little boys that love to wrestle. When they saw the Sock 'Em Robots they begged for them. My mother bought it for the boys for a gift. They were so excited and could not wait to play. It didn't take long until one of the robots fell off. I put it back together and a few minutes later the same robot fell off. The boys started to get upset so I took it and checked it out really good and reattached the robot. I played with them with my 13 year old daughter just to check to make sure my boys were not playing to roughly with the robots. This time both robots fell off. It is just poorly constructed. So I had two very upset little boys when I told them we were going to return it to the store. This would be a wonderful toy if it was made better.

An Awesome Childhood Toy

from Montreal Quebec

Comments about Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®:

This is an old favorite toy of mine. Many hours were spent happily knocking my brothers block off. I never had to wait for my turn, it was always my turn. My ultra non violent sister would be thrilled when she was able to beat up my brothers robot, as she would cheer in victory. It was a game we could bring in the car on those long trips to Boston or to Main. There are no pieces to loose and nothing really to assemble. The buttons respond quickly to activate the robots arms. They are smooth and never stick. It is a solid and durable long lasting toy. We really got our moneys worth out of ours, years ago. It was a favorite toy at the country house On rainy days when going to the beach was impossible we gathered around our kitchen table and took turns being famous world class boxers. It's just a simple and fun toy that provides hours of entertainment. It's not only fun for young children, adults have a blast as well. My parents would often be found at midnight still in the kitchen bashing and smashing robots, giggling and laughing. Now I'm in the mood to play!

Sock It To Them!

from York, ME

Pros

• Fun action

• Family fun

Comments about Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®:

I love this game! I played it when I was a kid and my husband and I found one recently at a thrift shop and have a ball playing it.

MIndless fun game that your child will bore easily with

from north augusta sc

• Was this a gift?:

Great hands on game, kids love it -no pieces to lose

from Monticello In

Comments about Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®:

Really don't think this game will ever forgotten.

great product

from durham , NC

Comments about Mattel Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots®:

Children love robots and they love boxing. Great combination