1.7

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Features:

I've been dating my boyfriend for over a year now

I had pretty much given up on dating the regular way and just decided to take a chance and try online dating. I had used a bunch of different websites to increase my chances of finding somone that wasn't a crazy stalker, and match.com was one of them.After using the site for a couple weeks, I started talking regularly with a guy named Ed. He was very cute and had a great personality. We eventually started talking on the phone every day for two months until we finally realized that we should probably meet in person. After our first date, he drove me back to my dorm (i go to college in RI and live on campus) and gave me a very sweet kiss goodnight. He told me later that I was the first girl he had ever kissed on the first date.It was kind of weird since after having two dates, I actually had to go home to New York for winter break. But he was sweet enough to wait for me for over a month just so he could get a third date. We've been dating for 1 year and 3 months now, and we're madly in love with each other all because of match.com!

Waste of time if your looking for a serious relationship.

I signed up for six months free then get six months free. for those people stating they dont tell you you have to email 5 people a month to get your second six months free thats a load of bull. its right on there. it tells you right on the home page when you log in. as far as being autorenewed just go into your preferences and make sure its not set to auto renew.

I will say ive met lots of people on the site however do not go on the site expecting anything serious or anything other than meeting people.

Heres my  problems with match that ive noticed in my year subscription.

1. Fake profiles... theres a ton of these.. ive gotten good at spotting them usually there is only one picture on the profile and its small. also the profile will not be filled out completely. also their age range is usually eshewed. I E  why would a 25 yr old woman be looking to date someone who is ages 30-60? if you mail one of these profiles they will respond back with an email adress that is out of this country or they will claim they are in said location but out of the country.

2.. Inactive profiles -  I did a search of women ages 35-50 within 30 miles who were nonsmokers and had to have a picture on their profile. what I got back was 500 results... however: 100 out of 500 had not been active in over 3 weeks. there was also 75 or so more profiles that hadnt been active in 2 weeks. we are paying good money for this service so why would someone not use it?

Also I have heard that match.com employees or volunteers will take over inactive profiles and use them to either wink or message people whos membership have recently lapsed. How do i know this? I got a wink from a woman I know who is married now she was on the site quite a few yrs ago and hasnt been active since then. I saw her picture on their and called her and asked her. she said she hasnt been on the site in several yrs she was flabbergasted.also if you notice that it says someone has been inactive for over 3 weeks that person could have been gone for a year or more and you would never know it.

3. Daily 5 matches... If I do get 5 matches they dont match anything close to what im looking for. most of my so called New Matches are from INACTIVE  MEMBERS who havent been on the site in ages. see number 2 for more reference. usually now i get maybe 1 match every other day and those are from people im not compatible with. why cant you set your criteria for your daily matches like you can when you do a search? or even have the option to disable it?

4. ive realized that when you meet people online the normal rules of ettique and manners are right out the window. quite a few women ive met seem to think its ok to constantly text someone on their cellphone during our first meeting. when this happens there wont be a second meeting i wont stand for it. If you have kids or have someone checking up on you fine but for the love of god get off the phone if your truly wanting to know me. also texting on a phone doesnt replace talking on one some poeple dont get that. and yes im a total jerk and elitist because I cant afford to meet poeple more than 35 miles away. hello people gas isnt cheap anymore?

5. You will not be meeting the cream of the crop people follow your instincts if a profile looks too good to be true it is !

there are several types of people who use these dating sites:

1. workaholics - people who dont have time in the real world to go out and meet someone. you will find these people will respond to you fairly easy but it will takes weeks and weeks just to meet them then when they finally have some time for you something will come up with their work and you wont be able to meet. if your lucky you will get an inital meeting with this type but dont hope to date them more than 2 times a month without them cancelling on you. I would put people who travel a lot for work in this category as well,

2. women with two or three kids or more. if you notice in their profile anywhere where it says my kids are my whole world just run away as fast as you can. you will not rank any higher than Fido to these types. Kids do come first however you should have some hobbies or interests of your own. these types are also looking for a sugar daddy or someone with a high paying job so they can feed their kids off your income.

3. People who dont fit the social norms.- these types are scary. they are hard to pick out at first.they will reveal their true colors sooner or later.

people who are very clingy right away fit this category. if you have to text me or call me every 2 hours to get in touch with me something is seriously wrong with you. ive met a lot of women in this category. one woman lived life as a lesbian for 10 yrs then decided she was straight now and wanted to date guys again. she even showed me her tattoo that was right above her nipple on her right breast in starbucks in front of a lot of people. I excused my self to the bathroom and bolted out of there.  I met a woman and hit it off with her.. we got to the point where we were watching a movie at her house. well she decides she needs to go pay some bills online and disappears for the second half of the movie. I go into her office and she is texting 3 different guys.. I couldnt get out of her house fast enough!  I would consider alcoholics in this group too.

4. women who are separated - dont message these types your just asking for trouble. either they are unhappily married and are looking for a booty call or they think its ok that they live at home with their exhusband (or even ex husband and his girlfriend) too much drama here thank you but nooo. you broke up with your ex for a reason so if you keep him around as a handy man or cant pay your bills without him around your undesirable and fit into category 3.

5. Religeous nuts- if their profile every other word mentions something about god just run run run. these types scare me ..I believe in god I go to church twice a month however too much of anything is not a good thing. unless your the same way dont even bother with this type.

bottom line my advice to people: use the sight if you want but dont expect much for your money these sites want you to be single so they can make money off of you. they will do anything in their power to keep you single. I am sure you will meet people off this site but i also assure you in the long run most are undesirables for one reason or another. get out there in the real world and dont rely on this site as your social calender.

Watch What You Say

from Belvidere, IL

Comments about Match.com:

This site modifies what you write in your profile. Anything critical of the site, or even stating that you won't review matches or attempt to contact people through the site, or that your letting your subscription expire, or a reference to their disillusioning promises, will be deleted. They provide no explanation for their edits, so you have to guess what some nameless faceless person doesn't like. After they edit your writing they post it for the world to see. If you put it back in, they'll delete everything you wrote and replace it with "PROFILE NOT COMPLETE", so you loose all of your work. This statement is unacceptable to them; "I've resolved not to view any more matches or try to contact people on this site, and to let my subscription expire, along with the disillusioning promises." If you have a brain, stay away from this site. Extremely frustrating.

Too many that didn't match criteria

from San Diego

Comments about Match.com:

I have been off Match for over a month now and every since I cancelled the renewal I have been bombarded by.. he liked you, he emailed you, he winked at you... well I'm not there, I should not be even in their system anymore. I hadn't heard from anyone for over a month and in the past a good percent what I did see was nothing I was interested in and was at a 70-75% match. So I think all of it is a gimmick. Some of the likes or emails I had in the past were from 'no profile' listings. So bogus.
Pretty much a waste of time and money. The 90+% match were still like, are you serious???

Go somewhere else!!

from Frisco, TX

Comments about Match.com:

I joined match to find a great guy. I signed up for 1 month with no renewal. During that time I met an amazing guy so i no longer needed match. Expecting my membership not to renew i see on my bank account that they charged me $42. I contacted them and they said they are not able to give me a refund. I am now paying for another month when I'm not even using it. Worst site! Will not refer anyone.

Totally misleading

from Bozeman mt

Comments about Match.com:

Match is totally misleading in who they say they have available. I have not been a member of there site for years but they still have my picture up and show me as available.

Match.com = Waste of time

from Phila

Comments about Match.com:

Waste of time, responses from out of state or no bio, want to text or email you.

Misleading Membership

from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comments about Match.com:

I took the time to populate my profile with a detailed editorial & 26 photos with Family & Friends from places around the world I then began sending messages to numerous women I was interested in. I was surprised to find I was not getting any replies so, I did some research and found out that many of the profiles are from "Free Members" whom do not receive the details of messages sent from "Paying Members" like me and the Free Members cannot send messages. There is no way to determine which are Free or which are Paying members so you don't know whether they are receiving your messages and/or your contact information so they cannot reply. I contacted match.com and they confirmed the above is correct but, they would not tell me what percentage of members were Free and what percentage were Paying members.

Worst Dating Site Ever

from houston

Comments about Match.com:

They do not handle costumer complaints at all!

Deceptive Billing Practices

from PA

Comments about Match.com:

I signed up for Match.com having selected a 6 month membership. The membership was quoted with the monthly rate so I had every expectation that my credit card would be billed monthly.

I did not like the platform, and decided to cancel 2 days later. I looked at my bank statement and was shocked to see they had charged my card the full 6 months. I called Match to complain and request a refund. They will not, because two women had emailed me.

This is the classic bait and switch practice.

scam

from florida

Comments about Match.com:

I get multiple emails from this scam daily - they need to be banned from the internet

This Site Is A Ripoff

from Ann Arbor, Mi

Comments about Match.com:

This site is full of scammers, liars, people that have long been off the site, probably people that really do not exist that they create, who knows? Don't waste your money trying to find a match on this site.