1.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Features:

I've been dating my boyfriend for over a year now

I had pretty much given up on dating the regular way and just decided to take a chance and try online dating. I had used a bunch of different websites to increase my chances of finding somone that wasn't a crazy stalker, and match.com was one of them.After using the site for a couple weeks, I started talking regularly with a guy named Ed. He was very cute and had a great personality. We eventually started talking on the phone every day for two months until we finally realized that we should probably meet in person. After our first date, he drove me back to my dorm (i go to college in RI and live on campus) and gave me a very sweet kiss goodnight. He told me later that I was the first girl he had ever kissed on the first date.It was kind of weird since after having two dates, I actually had to go home to New York for winter break. But he was sweet enough to wait for me for over a month just so he could get a third date. We've been dating for 1 year and 3 months now, and we're madly in love with each other all because of match.com!

Waste of time if your looking for a serious relationship.

I signed up for six months free then get six months free. for those people stating they dont tell you you have to email 5 people a month to get your second six months free thats a load of bull. its right on there. it tells you right on the home page when you log in. as far as being autorenewed just go into your preferences and make sure its not set to auto renew.

I will say ive met lots of people on the site however do not go on the site expecting anything serious or anything other than meeting people.

Heres my  problems with match that ive noticed in my year subscription.

1. Fake profiles... theres a ton of these.. ive gotten good at spotting them usually there is only one picture on the profile and its small. also the profile will not be filled out completely. also their age range is usually eshewed. I E  why would a 25 yr old woman be looking to date someone who is ages 30-60? if you mail one of these profiles they will respond back with an email adress that is out of this country or they will claim they are in said location but out of the country.

2.. Inactive profiles -  I did a search of women ages 35-50 within 30 miles who were nonsmokers and had to have a picture on their profile. what I got back was 500 results... however: 100 out of 500 had not been active in over 3 weeks. there was also 75 or so more profiles that hadnt been active in 2 weeks. we are paying good money for this service so why would someone not use it?

Also I have heard that match.com employees or volunteers will take over inactive profiles and use them to either wink or message people whos membership have recently lapsed. How do i know this? I got a wink from a woman I know who is married now she was on the site quite a few yrs ago and hasnt been active since then. I saw her picture on their and called her and asked her. she said she hasnt been on the site in several yrs she was flabbergasted.also if you notice that it says someone has been inactive for over 3 weeks that person could have been gone for a year or more and you would never know it.

3. Daily 5 matches... If I do get 5 matches they dont match anything close to what im looking for. most of my so called New Matches are from INACTIVE  MEMBERS who havent been on the site in ages. see number 2 for more reference. usually now i get maybe 1 match every other day and those are from people im not compatible with. why cant you set your criteria for your daily matches like you can when you do a search? or even have the option to disable it?

4. ive realized that when you meet people online the normal rules of ettique and manners are right out the window. quite a few women ive met seem to think its ok to constantly text someone on their cellphone during our first meeting. when this happens there wont be a second meeting i wont stand for it. If you have kids or have someone checking up on you fine but for the love of god get off the phone if your truly wanting to know me. also texting on a phone doesnt replace talking on one some poeple dont get that. and yes im a total jerk and elitist because I cant afford to meet poeple more than 35 miles away. hello people gas isnt cheap anymore?

5. You will not be meeting the cream of the crop people follow your instincts if a profile looks too good to be true it is !

there are several types of people who use these dating sites:

1. workaholics - people who dont have time in the real world to go out and meet someone. you will find these people will respond to you fairly easy but it will takes weeks and weeks just to meet them then when they finally have some time for you something will come up with their work and you wont be able to meet. if your lucky you will get an inital meeting with this type but dont hope to date them more than 2 times a month without them cancelling on you. I would put people who travel a lot for work in this category as well,

2. women with two or three kids or more. if you notice in their profile anywhere where it says my kids are my whole world just run away as fast as you can. you will not rank any higher than Fido to these types. Kids do come first however you should have some hobbies or interests of your own. these types are also looking for a sugar daddy or someone with a high paying job so they can feed their kids off your income.

3. People who dont fit the social norms.- these types are scary. they are hard to pick out at first.they will reveal their true colors sooner or later.

people who are very clingy right away fit this category. if you have to text me or call me every 2 hours to get in touch with me something is seriously wrong with you. ive met a lot of women in this category. one woman lived life as a lesbian for 10 yrs then decided she was straight now and wanted to date guys again. she even showed me her tattoo that was right above her nipple on her right breast in starbucks in front of a lot of people. I excused my self to the bathroom and bolted out of there.  I met a woman and hit it off with her.. we got to the point where we were watching a movie at her house. well she decides she needs to go pay some bills online and disappears for the second half of the movie. I go into her office and she is texting 3 different guys.. I couldnt get out of her house fast enough!  I would consider alcoholics in this group too.

4. women who are separated - dont message these types your just asking for trouble. either they are unhappily married and are looking for a booty call or they think its ok that they live at home with their exhusband (or even ex husband and his girlfriend) too much drama here thank you but nooo. you broke up with your ex for a reason so if you keep him around as a handy man or cant pay your bills without him around your undesirable and fit into category 3.

5. Religeous nuts- if their profile every other word mentions something about god just run run run. these types scare me ..I believe in god I go to church twice a month however too much of anything is not a good thing. unless your the same way dont even bother with this type.

bottom line my advice to people: use the sight if you want but dont expect much for your money these sites want you to be single so they can make money off of you. they will do anything in their power to keep you single. I am sure you will meet people off this site but i also assure you in the long run most are undesirables for one reason or another. get out there in the real world and dont rely on this site as your social calender.

Never again

from D.C.

Comments about Match.com:

I have used match over a number of years to meet people. I've never had great luck but recently tried again. I believed I had cancelled my account after a slew of sub par matches. Low and behold months later I find out thanks to PayPal my subscription has been renewed for a different term length than originally purchased or agreed to. I contacted them within 24 hours via email with no response. I then reached out via phone to file a formal complaint and discuss their lack of response/acknowledgement of said email and was offered a refund of 30% of the charge. I was told I could not have a cancel date reflecting the date of expiration of my last contract or even the current date but that my account would cancel a month later (now you see they've prorated my refund for a $60 month subscription). There was no option to speak to a supervisor or manager and I had to talk circles around the woman to even file a formal complaint which she never gave me a reference number for... at least I called it knowing they were just making things up at that point. I will never use this service again. From the creeps who contact you over and over and the horrible selection. I'll stick to eharmony from now on.

Worst dating site there is!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Match.com:

First off, they promise you six months for free if you don't find anyone. They automatically deducted the renewal fee out of my checking account and when I asked about the guarantee they said I didn't meet the qualifications (not true). Secondly, I cancelled my membership and changed the settings so it wouldn't auto-renew. Guess what? They said I didn't change the settings and auto-renewed anyway. After much arguing they agreed to give me about half my money back and that was it. I will never be dumb enough to give them access to my bank account again. I will never be a member again anyway, I actually went on two dates out of a year and a half there. OK Cupid is much better.

Poor customer service and terrible Matches

from Wisconsin

Comments about Match.com:

Was refused a full refund as they "GOT" me with their automatic renewal. Hadn't used the site in months yet they refused to provide a full refund. Spoke with, of course, someone in a foreign country who was difficult to understand. WILL NEVER USE THIS WEBSITE AGAIN!!!

NEVER EVER!!!!

from Miami

Comments about Match.com:

I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN MATCH.COM, AND IT MIGHT BE JUST ME, BECAUSE I DIDN'T REALLY SPENT MUCH TIME THERE. BUT WHAT HAPPENED NEXT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. FIRST OF ALL, WHEN YOU SIGN UP, THEY NEVER SHOW YOU THAT YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE RENEWED AUTOMATICALLY, SO YOU WILL GET AN UNEXPECTED CHARGE. AFTER DELETING THE ACCOUNT, I ASKED FOR THE FULL REFUND, AS I DIDN'T USE THE APP AND I NO LONGER WISH TO CONTINUE USING IT, I WAS TOLD BECAUSE I'M CALLING THE NEXT DAY AFTER I WAS CHARGED, IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT I DIDN'T USE IT, OR I DIDN'T SIGH ANYWHERE THAT I WISH FOR RENEWAL, I WILL STILL NOT ABLE TO GET THE FULL REFUND. AFTER COUPLE CALLS AND COUPLE CONVERSATIONS I COULDN'T GET ANYWHERE WITH IT. SO AT LEAST I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET A PARTIAL REFUND. BUT GUESS WHAT, A MONTH LATER I WAS STILL WAITING FOR THE REFUND, AT LEAST PARTIAL. AFTER CONTACTING THEM AGAIN, THEY TOLD ME I REFUSED THE PARTIAL REFUND... WHICH DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE... I WILL CONTINUE FIGHTING WITH THEM, I WILL ALSO CALL MY BANK TO MAKE SURE THEY SUPPORT ME ON THIS MATTER. BUT.. WHAT I WOULD TELL YOU, JUST MAKE SURE TO READ COMMENTS AND REVIEWS ABOUT THE WEB SITE AND APP ONLINE, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND SURPRISED THAT THIS TYPE OF SCHEME STILL EXISTS!!!

DONT GET ON MATCH

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Match.com:

DO NOT GET ON MATCH, my account was hacked and more than a handful of inappropriate messages were sent out and all i received was an automated response telling me to be more careful with my passwords. Nothing was done to reconcile and I was still charged for automatically renewal because I was locked out after complaining. MONEY HUNGRY and didnt even get some good dates out of it.

Unscrupulous

from Cottage Grove, Oregon

Comments about Match.com:

After canceling Match.com and receiving a confirmation number for the cancelation, they continued to take money from my account until I got the bank to stop them. This is a criminal organization and you will probably get scammed if you do business with them.

Worthless website for finding a date

from Corpus Christi,tx

Comments about Match.com:

Before you pay you get lots of hits,once you pay your lucky if you get a hello,place is rigged,I wouldn't spend any money on this website,don't say that nobody told you thnx

Bad customer service

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Match.com:

They are have a one strategies to treat the customers. No new Ideas. No helping for fix problems. No refund or negotiations. Even they can solve any problem if it was easy.

Low class services and so negative people inside. I was OMG. I shutdown my account. Its a lot of scam too.

Waste of Time

from Northern Indiana

Comments about Match.com:

Match.com does a terrible job filtering out fakes and scammers. I was bombarded by fakes, and when reported to match.com, received no response.

As well, after cancelling my account, continued to receive e-mails that claimed to indicate interest from those seeking contact, but they were recycled claims from very old e-mail contacts.

DO NOT DO THIS LADIES...& MAYBE GENTLEMEN

from Houston, TX

Comments about Match.com:

This was an absolute fiasco!! Sorry, but I quit this site in 2013--my pic' is real as is my profile. When I was signed up, I thought it was Club-50 BUT I didn't read it all that well not knowing that MATCH had used a specific algorithm to transfer me to their MATCH site--Our Time. I never even noticed, until I received over 110 emails, flirts etc. within a few hours, I was APPALLED. I called them ASAP and told them it was a mistake, that I thought it was Our CLub. At first, they transferred me back and forth to Match and PeopleMedia (the money guys)-- FINALLY, I am promised a refund as I never replied to one single message, email, etc... on any site. They sent me an email and a confirmation number for the refund. I also filed a complaint with BBB, and with paypal. Seriously, who in their right mind is going to email a 38 yr. old man when I am 59!! Ladies, beware--they either want you to pay their bills or just fork over the dough. Sorry, not me, do NOT join any of their sites. There are better ones out there--MATCH is only a SCAM and unless you're looking for a one-nighter, then this is NOT for you. For everyone else you know who you are. I'll stick to the Real World when it comes to men--you have to see their face and talk to them personally. You can say anything online. One more thing, I did promise to write a comment on my site every single day about MATCH, OUR TIME and anyone else they gave my profile to. You don't suppose that had anything to do with the refund do you??