1.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Features:

I've been dating my boyfriend for over a year now

I had pretty much given up on dating the regular way and just decided to take a chance and try online dating. I had used a bunch of different websites to increase my chances of finding somone that wasn't a crazy stalker, and match.com was one of them.After using the site for a couple weeks, I started talking regularly with a guy named Ed. He was very cute and had a great personality. We eventually started talking on the phone every day for two months until we finally realized that we should probably meet in person. After our first date, he drove me back to my dorm (i go to college in RI and live on campus) and gave me a very sweet kiss goodnight. He told me later that I was the first girl he had ever kissed on the first date.It was kind of weird since after having two dates, I actually had to go home to New York for winter break. But he was sweet enough to wait for me for over a month just so he could get a third date. We've been dating for 1 year and 3 months now, and we're madly in love with each other all because of match.com!

Waste of time if your looking for a serious relationship.

I signed up for six months free then get six months free. for those people stating they dont tell you you have to email 5 people a month to get your second six months free thats a load of bull. its right on there. it tells you right on the home page when you log in. as far as being autorenewed just go into your preferences and make sure its not set to auto renew.

I will say ive met lots of people on the site however do not go on the site expecting anything serious or anything other than meeting people.

Heres my  problems with match that ive noticed in my year subscription.

1. Fake profiles... theres a ton of these.. ive gotten good at spotting them usually there is only one picture on the profile and its small. also the profile will not be filled out completely. also their age range is usually eshewed. I E  why would a 25 yr old woman be looking to date someone who is ages 30-60? if you mail one of these profiles they will respond back with an email adress that is out of this country or they will claim they are in said location but out of the country.

2.. Inactive profiles -  I did a search of women ages 35-50 within 30 miles who were nonsmokers and had to have a picture on their profile. what I got back was 500 results... however: 100 out of 500 had not been active in over 3 weeks. there was also 75 or so more profiles that hadnt been active in 2 weeks. we are paying good money for this service so why would someone not use it?

Also I have heard that match.com employees or volunteers will take over inactive profiles and use them to either wink or message people whos membership have recently lapsed. How do i know this? I got a wink from a woman I know who is married now she was on the site quite a few yrs ago and hasnt been active since then. I saw her picture on their and called her and asked her. she said she hasnt been on the site in several yrs she was flabbergasted.also if you notice that it says someone has been inactive for over 3 weeks that person could have been gone for a year or more and you would never know it.

3. Daily 5 matches... If I do get 5 matches they dont match anything close to what im looking for. most of my so called New Matches are from INACTIVE  MEMBERS who havent been on the site in ages. see number 2 for more reference. usually now i get maybe 1 match every other day and those are from people im not compatible with. why cant you set your criteria for your daily matches like you can when you do a search? or even have the option to disable it?

4. ive realized that when you meet people online the normal rules of ettique and manners are right out the window. quite a few women ive met seem to think its ok to constantly text someone on their cellphone during our first meeting. when this happens there wont be a second meeting i wont stand for it. If you have kids or have someone checking up on you fine but for the love of god get off the phone if your truly wanting to know me. also texting on a phone doesnt replace talking on one some poeple dont get that. and yes im a total jerk and elitist because I cant afford to meet poeple more than 35 miles away. hello people gas isnt cheap anymore?

5. You will not be meeting the cream of the crop people follow your instincts if a profile looks too good to be true it is !

there are several types of people who use these dating sites:

1. workaholics - people who dont have time in the real world to go out and meet someone. you will find these people will respond to you fairly easy but it will takes weeks and weeks just to meet them then when they finally have some time for you something will come up with their work and you wont be able to meet. if your lucky you will get an inital meeting with this type but dont hope to date them more than 2 times a month without them cancelling on you. I would put people who travel a lot for work in this category as well,

2. women with two or three kids or more. if you notice in their profile anywhere where it says my kids are my whole world just run away as fast as you can. you will not rank any higher than Fido to these types. Kids do come first however you should have some hobbies or interests of your own. these types are also looking for a sugar daddy or someone with a high paying job so they can feed their kids off your income.

3. People who dont fit the social norms.- these types are scary. they are hard to pick out at first.they will reveal their true colors sooner or later.

people who are very clingy right away fit this category. if you have to text me or call me every 2 hours to get in touch with me something is seriously wrong with you. ive met a lot of women in this category. one woman lived life as a lesbian for 10 yrs then decided she was straight now and wanted to date guys again. she even showed me her tattoo that was right above her nipple on her right breast in starbucks in front of a lot of people. I excused my self to the bathroom and bolted out of there.  I met a woman and hit it off with her.. we got to the point where we were watching a movie at her house. well she decides she needs to go pay some bills online and disappears for the second half of the movie. I go into her office and she is texting 3 different guys.. I couldnt get out of her house fast enough!  I would consider alcoholics in this group too.

4. women who are separated - dont message these types your just asking for trouble. either they are unhappily married and are looking for a booty call or they think its ok that they live at home with their exhusband (or even ex husband and his girlfriend) too much drama here thank you but nooo. you broke up with your ex for a reason so if you keep him around as a handy man or cant pay your bills without him around your undesirable and fit into category 3.

5. Religeous nuts- if their profile every other word mentions something about god just run run run. these types scare me ..I believe in god I go to church twice a month however too much of anything is not a good thing. unless your the same way dont even bother with this type.

bottom line my advice to people: use the sight if you want but dont expect much for your money these sites want you to be single so they can make money off of you. they will do anything in their power to keep you single. I am sure you will meet people off this site but i also assure you in the long run most are undesirables for one reason or another. get out there in the real world and dont rely on this site as your social calender.

Waste of Time

from Northern Indiana

Comments about Match.com:

Match.com does a terrible job filtering out fakes and scammers. I was bombarded by fakes, and when reported to match.com, received no response.

As well, after cancelling my account, continued to receive e-mails that claimed to indicate interest from those seeking contact, but they were recycled claims from very old e-mail contacts.

DO NOT DO THIS LADIES...& MAYBE GENTLEMEN

from Houston, TX

Comments about Match.com:

This was an absolute fiasco!! Sorry, but I quit this site in 2013--my pic' is real as is my profile. When I was signed up, I thought it was Club-50 BUT I didn't read it all that well not knowing that MATCH had used a specific algorithm to transfer me to their MATCH site--Our Time. I never even noticed, until I received over 110 emails, flirts etc. within a few hours, I was APPALLED. I called them ASAP and told them it was a mistake, that I thought it was Our CLub. At first, they transferred me back and forth to Match and PeopleMedia (the money guys)-- FINALLY, I am promised a refund as I never replied to one single message, email, etc... on any site. They sent me an email and a confirmation number for the refund. I also filed a complaint with BBB, and with paypal. Seriously, who in their right mind is going to email a 38 yr. old man when I am 59!! Ladies, beware--they either want you to pay their bills or just fork over the dough. Sorry, not me, do NOT join any of their sites. There are better ones out there--MATCH is only a SCAM and unless you're looking for a one-nighter, then this is NOT for you. For everyone else you know who you are. I'll stick to the Real World when it comes to men--you have to see their face and talk to them personally. You can say anything online. One more thing, I did promise to write a comment on my site every single day about MATCH, OUR TIME and anyone else they gave my profile to. You don't suppose that had anything to do with the refund do you??

Do not waste your time and money on match.com website!

from La Habra, California

Comments about Match.com:

I signed up with match.com many times, hoping I can find a descent person to date. Unfortunately they just get your money and they don't even bother to suggest matches that fit your criteria! As they advertise there are thousands and thousands ppl who join this website everyday, it is very Interesting that your communication or initiations are left with no responses. What's more interesting is that you don't receive any messages from members in return, until your membership is expired! I don't think it is by chance, after trying this website many times! So they make you pay again and this story continues,.. This is insane! I'm so sorry they are just taking advantage of finances of singles who are genuinely looking for possible partner. This has to be stopped!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS

from CONROE, TX

Comments about Match.com:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS. YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED WHATSOEVER AND IT WILL BE A HUGE PAIN IN THE REAR. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS SITE. I'M TELLING YOU. DON'T DO IT.

DON'T USE THIS SITE

from reno nv

Comments about Match.com:

This is a horrible site. You don't get local people, etc. then are billed for next month without notice. Then you have to go thru the POPE to get out of it. Don't use MATCH.COM.

This sucks

from Denver colorado

Comments about Match.com:

Your a hostage to creeps freaks n polyamourous dides its awful i met no one alll pervy. The company is the worst ever n steal your money

Worst ever! Waste of Money!

from florida

Comments about Match.com:

This is the worst site there is to find a real person. The choices are unbelievably limited and the best looking people seem to be all fakes. The customer service is lousy and even if you were a member a couple of days and did not like it, too bad for you. Other sites I got tons of views and likes, this one was pathetic.

Meeting?

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about Match.com:

I am 5'11" 185 and athletic. 64 and no money problems. In the 9 months on Match, my profile has been viewed by 114 members. I have been contacted by no-one. I have reviewed the profiles of over 400 members, initiated contact with 120 members, and received two replies, one of which stated I was too far away (35 miles, although her profile said 50 miles), and the other did not reply after the first exchange. Although I have requested a 50 mile distance, I have been matched with members over 200 miles away.. Site might be good for 30 somethings, or women, but was a waste of money for me. I've had better success meeting ladies at bars.

Crooks

from New York, NY

Comments about Match.com:

There should be 0 stars available - this dating service isn't worth a single star. It doesn't take the preferences that you indicate into account and sends you matches that clearly aren't what you are looking for. Along with many others, I was also charged a renewal fee despite the fact that I did not renew and was sent no indication that my account was being charged. They refused to refund my money, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that he was busy and to call back in 1-2 hours. This is a company that obviously only cares about making money, not about servicing customers.

website charges

from nebraska

Comments about Match.com:

do not use this website. when you cancel. you have to 100% make sure you cancel your subscription. I canceled a long time ago and they refunded me back part of my subscription. after that I did not think anything else about it. even after all that they still continued to charge me for the subscription, and they will not refund any of your money back. even when you didn't not authorize the charge. be very weary of this website. even using the website the matchs that they give ya are ridiculous. its absolutely the worst dating website that I have every used. their guarantee to meet someone in 6 months or the next 6 months is free is a complete waste of time and they still charge you for it.