3.8
Master Chef
Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee

Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee

3.8

Pros

• Not bitter (6)
  • Pleasing aroma (5)
  • Balanced acidity (4)
  • Pleasing roast (4)
  • Smooth taste (4)

Cons

• Automatic drip/filter (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Average joe (4), Coffee connoisseur (3), Socially/environmentally conscious (3)

pretty darn good

On a recent shopping trip, my husband brought home Walmart's Master Chef coffee. With the rising coffee prices and how much the name brands are charging along with our tighting budget, it was almost a no brainer to get the less expensive coffee. I was concerned about the taste, but much to my pleasant surprise, it was actually BETTER than our usual expensive brand. I could actually taste the coffee flavor. It wasn't too strong and not at all bitter. It actually had a nice, what I like to call flowing, mild taste. I think we found our new brand, as long as the price is right.

bitter and nasty

I gave this brand a try last month, and am sorry now!. I couldn't even finish it, and went back to the store and got a different brand. The flavor was just not within my tastes, and I drink ALOT of coffee!

WE WANT OUR MASTER CHEF COFFEE BACK!!!!

from Marie

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• Not Bitter
  • Pleasing Aroma
  • Pleasing Roast
  • Smooth Taste

BEST TASTING COFFEE FOR THE $$$

Wal-Mart Stopped selling Master Chef Coffee

from Norman & Oklahoma City Cleveland County

About Me Average Joe, Coffee Connoisseur, Socially/Environmentally Conscious

Pros

• Attractive Mouthfeel/Body
    • Balanced Acidity
    • Exceptional/Interesting Flavor
    • Not Bitter
    • Pleasing Aroma
    • Pleasing Roast

• Manual Pour-Over/Drip
      • Percolator

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

Wal-Mart in Norman and near where I live now stopped stocking Master Chef will I have to drive to the next State to get it, I will if I have to This is one main reason I hate Wall-Mart stores.

I love Master Chef Coffee!!!!!!

from Roswell, New Mexico

About Me Coffee Connoisseur

Pros

• Attractive Mouthfeel/Body
      • Balanced Acidity
      • Exceptional/Interesting Flavor
      • GREAT PRICE!!!!!
      • Not Bitter
      • Pleasing Aroma

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

It is always good. Great flavor and the price on awesome! You just can't beat it. It is really good

On a good day, it approaches the bottom end of acceptable

from Dallas, TX

About Me Average Joe, Coffee Connoisseur, Health Conscious, Socially/Environmentally Conscious

Pros

• Not Bitter

Cons

• Not Enough Flavor
        • Thin Or Watery Mouthfeel/Body
        • Unappealing Or Flat Aroma
        • Unpleasant Flavor

• Best as an feeding additive to your worm bed

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

I bought this coffee, not for its flavor, but because it comes in a metal can. I needed a new can for bacon drippings. I thought that even if not a premium coffee, how bad could it be? Pretty bad. The flavor profile suggests it comes from Mexico or Guatemala. Even the best coffees from that region have a woody taste. This coffee tastes more like it was ground from twigs of the coffee bush than from the beans.

Its only redeeming feature is that it is cheap. I cannot recommend Master Chef coffee to anyone, unless they need a new drippings can.

A big can of good coffee for a decent price.

from CO

About Me Average Joe, Socially/Environmentally Conscious

Pros

• Balanced Acidity
        • Not Bitter
        • Pleasing Aroma

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

Many of the name brand coffee cans are getting smaller and smaller. This is a bargain for everyone except the coffee snobs who don't mind paying $5 for a cup at Starbutts.

lwould buy this product again

from largo florida

About Me Average Joe

Pros

• Attractive Mouthfeel/Body
          • Balanced Acidity
          • Exceptional/Interesting Flavor
          • Not Bitter
          • Pleasing Aroma
          • Pleasing Roast
          • Smooth Taste

Cons

• Roasted Too Light

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

I like this product but this 10.5oz can I just bought was not even close to full, Ifelt I wasnt getting my moneys worth!

Clark51

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

Using for over a year. Found that when making it stronger (as I love espresso), I get a bolder flavor. I also find that the coffee pot brewing temperature makes a difference in flavor. The only other coffee I buy for a change is flavored. Thanks for making a great coffee for someone on social security (but I'd buy if I were rich).

Master Chef Coffee, I love this coffee, taste great.

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

I have used another name brand coffee for many years,but then I decided to try Master Chef Coffee. The coffee has full flavor in every cup, it has the best taste around. I'm thinking that it must be the can, that holds the flavor in. I love this coffee,taste great.

Staple coffee

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

I am not a coffee snob by any means, but Master Chef coffee, for the most part is below my standards. LOVE the low price of course, but this coffee is not something I buy very often. It is my go to coffee when I am so incredibly broke and desperate. The taste is not terrible, but I can tell it is lower quality than what I am used to. Nothing a little bit of creamer and sugar cant fix though! I am sure that I would be more hooked on it if I had never had more quality grounds.

I would recommend this product to others though I am not too big of a fan. It will not hurt to try it out, and if you do not like it someone else is bound to

Very Weak I want to know wheres the coffee

from Corpus Christi, TX

Comments about Master Chef (Walmart) Coffee:

I drink 1-2 pots of coffee a day. This is bottom of the barrel. It's weak and has a funny taste. My wife who drinks 2 cups a day said its horrible. Adding more to strength it doesn't seem to help. Plus it costs more money in long run to add a bunch more grounds to get it half way. Anyone that thinks this stuff is good isn't a true coffee drinker.