3.7

Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara

3.7

Can't leave my house before applying Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara

When I Wake Up in the Morning I Ask, "Where Are My Eyes?"

Without mascara, it looks as if I don't have eyes.  They look small and plain....which makes my face look plain!  In order to feel like I look good, I have to apply Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara everyday before leave my house.  It really makes my eyes pop.  Sometimes it is the only makeup I apply.  My lashes look longer and thicker!  I never have to reapply and, if I need to change my look for evening, all it takes is some extra application to the roots of my lashes and one swipe to each eye for fabulously thick lashes!

I was an avid user of different mascara when my Mary Kay Consultant told me I had to check out their mascara.  I wasn't interested but since we have such a great relationship (and she is usually right) I took the sample size and tried it out.  I purchased the mascara with my next order.  It worked as well as my much more expensive mascara.   But I am much happier with the price of the Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara.  Plus, I love Mary Kay's eye make-up remover!  It works wonderfully and leaves my eye lids and lashes feeling smooth.

I have recommended this mascara to friends and they always agree that itr makes their eyes look great.

Mary Kay's Waterproof Mascara is ok.

I have used many Mary Kay products over the years since I have a friend who's mom sells the products. Overall I will say Mary Kay products tend to be great and last a while which makes them worth the price. For their waterproof mascara though I can't say it is my favorite water proof mascara. I'm not a huge make-up wearer meaning I try to go natural looking as possible. I was given this mascara as a gift to use while in my friend's wedding and I was excited because it was waterproof, much needed when in your best friend's wedding. I noticed right away how thick the product was and the brush had very short bristles this made it go on rather clumpy and way too thick for my usual look. I do not feel my lashes looked longer just fuller I guess. My friend suggested using brown mascara first to make them look longer but if I have to use two producst for this then I am out. Also at the end of the night when I was trying to get the mascara off it took forever. I still felt like I had some on the next day. Not sure it is worth the price but it did not run when I cried and I cried alot so I guess it served that purpose.

It is what it is

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

I put this at about a 70% overall. It's not bad, it's not that great either. The waterproof part is helpful but all in all it's just a bit too gritty and sloppy to get a higher rate.

Just about satisfactory performance when all is said and done. Mary Kay has other products that are far superior and I was a bit surprised at how sloppy this mascara was overall. It glops and slops a little and lacks that smoothness I was looking for.

Ease of Application
You have to be vigilant with it, otherwise you're going to end up clumping or bumping from lash to lash. The handle makes it hard to be graceful and the bristles aren't the kind of quality I was expecting.

• Ease of Application:

Love Mary Kay waterproof mascara

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

i love this waterproof mascara by mary kay. i wear it on a daily basis. it doesn't run and says that its waterproof and it is waterproof. it also stays in place where you put it on. its also very smooth and it doesn't feel like you have any mascara on when you are wearing it. its also at a great price. i would recommed this product.

Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara got worse

from State College, PA

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

Mary Kay waterproof mascara used to be my favorite brand.  It went on nicely, had a nice color, and it didn't smudge or run.  My most recent purchase was truly the exception.  I don't know if they changed the formula, but now it goes on very rough and clumpy and looks terrible.  In order to apply it without having clumps of mascara on my lashes, I had to wipe the brush across a tissue to remove most of the mascara from it.   That ends up being very wasteful of the product as well as my time.  The waterproof feature still works well, the color is nice, and it comes off nicely with makeup remover, but I no longer use it because of how badly it applies.  The only positive is that the company strives for positive customer service, so if you are unhappy with a particular product, they allow you to exchange it for something else.  That alone makes the company worthwhile to deal with, but this particular product needs to be revamped.

Mary Kay's Waterproof Mascara is ok.

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

Wow! I'm impressed with Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara!!

from Newtown, CT

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

I won this product at a Mary Kay "party" that my friend hosted. I have always hated waterproof mascara, because it is thicker, clumpier and too difficult to take off. This mascara - which I have in brown - glides on nicely without clumping. It is definitely waterproof and will stay on in the pool, but comes off nicely with a bit of eye makeup remover. I use this one more than my regular mascara, because it does not flake off onto the undereye area. A+!!

Can't leave my house before applying Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara

from Warren, MI

When I Wake Up in the Morning I Ask, "Where Are My Eyes?"

Gunked too quick for me.

from Collinsville, TX

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

The Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara was great for a while but then it totally gunked up and I couldn't use it anymore.  Another question how are you supposed to take it off?  It's waterproof so it won't wash off with water and trying to wipe it off with a tissue made it get everywhere!  I will say it was affordable though.  I don't particularly like using any mascara and this has just about made me never want to use another.  Maybe its just because its waterproof.    I am willing to buy other Mary Kay products in the future but for right now I'm not sure.  This product showed me they're either not thinking of what waterproof will do or else there must be a magic removal technique that I never heard of.     Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara wasn't for me, I guess, but I will try Mary Kay again sometime.  I have to say I am the health nut and I am looking for more earth friendly and healthy products.  I am afraid to use anymore mascara, near my eyes (a very tender place), that isn't natural or has ingredients that I don't know what they are!

Great Mascara

from Manhattan, KS

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

This mascara is definately waterproof. It has gone through the shower with me without coming off. This mascara brush applies the mascara evenly and with very few clumps. The application is with only a few swipes and the color is great for my black lashes. The brush can apply too much mascara causing it to end up on eye lids and right above the eye where the lashes hit. This mascara is very difficult to take off which is a pro and con. It is easily removed with remover but water and a rag will take a lot of effort. The brush helps each lash stand out with mascara and causes the lashes to be curled with the makeup. This is a great all around mascara just don't expect to remove it with water because it is too high quality.

I love Mary Kay mascara

from Saratoga Springs, NY

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

I attended a Mary Kay party and recieved the mascara as a prize in a drawing that I entered. I was using a store brand at the time and was overall satisfied with the results until I tried the MAry KAy mascara. After I applied the Mary KAy mascara it looked like I was wearing falsies! The mascara did not clump, it wasn't flakey and best of all it was a beautiful black color and didnt have that waxy feel to it like other mascaras I've tried. The first day I tried it I was very impressed that it didn't fall off or smudge. By the end of the night I still had long, beautiful eyelashes. I lived in the south for a year and the humidity didnt make the mascara run or smudge either. Since then I've bought 2 tubes of mascara and absolutely love them. Overall, I'd highly recommend this product to anyone especially if you are going for dark yet subtle look for your eyes. I wear it everyday and I definately will not be reverting back to the store brand!

Mary Kay waterproof mascara works!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara:

This mascara is so nice, I like the way it easily goes on and it really is better than most waterproof mascaras that I have used. It does make darker lashes, but do not expect to get doll eyes from this one. Overall however, I do like to use this one if I am making plans to go to a wedding where I know I am going to cry, or if I have a suspision that it is going to rain and I don't want to have mascara running down my face.  It does clump up if it is getting older, so replace it if it starts to do that. Like most mascaras, it does sting when it gets in your eyes. Can be a little hard to clean up at the end of the day. I recommend using makeup remover after you have had a shower. Mary Kay is a great line, and this mascara is one of their best, especially if you know you have an event coming up in your life where you just know you are going to cry and don't want to end up looking like a zoombie!