Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Mary Kay
Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer

Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer

Good for morning makeup application

This moisterizer is very nice, has a light feel to it, and refreshes your skin. A nice combination with the Mary Kay medium coverage foundation. This moisterizer has witchhazel in it, making it very appropriate for an oily combo skin. I have oily, problematic skin that is hard to find products that will not give me a rash or cause me to break out into a pimple breakout, so it is a relief when I find something like this that works with my skin without problems. It is a little expensive, but is on of the nicer ones to use on your face when you are doing your morning makeup routine. It does take a little while to dry, but it leaves a pleasant scent behind that I myself enjoy. Has a slightly cooling affect on your skin. I recommend this one to go with your mary Kay medium coverage foundation, or if you go for the more natural look, this moisterizer will leave you feeling refreshed and looking great.

Lightweight but greasy

I tried this moisturizer upon recommendation from a Mary Kay beauty consultant. I would say it is okay, just not right for my oily skin type.

This moisturizer does a...Read complete review

This moisturizer does a good job at making skin feel smooth and hydrated. I have oily skin but still sometimes use a moisturizer, so I need something lightweight. This moisturizer indeed is lightweight and does not feel heavy on the skin.
The problem I had with it is that it did not absorb very well on my skin and made it look greasy. Within about 30 minutes my skin looked "sweaty" and when I wore it under makeup it began to cake up and streak.

The smell is pleasant. Not overpowering, but definitely present. I also like that it is packaged in a squirt tube. The orange color is attractive as well.

I gave this moisturizer a satisfactory rating because although it was too greasy for my skin, it may work for others with dry skin types.

Great to match with face wash.

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

I used this moisturizer to compliment the Velocity face wash from Mary Kay. It worked really well on my skin. It worked really well in combination with the face wash to give my skin an all over great look. My skin was very soft and smooth while using this product. It only took a little bit each night to get the job done. It also did not leave my face feeling greasy. I have naturally oily skin and it did not clog my pores. It also did not cause breakouts. It was a really great moisturizer. I have not used it since because I switched to another face wash line that Mary Kay offers. However, I would definitely recommend it to others and use it again in the future. It is a great product.

I found it very effective at treating the skin on my face. It made my skin look really soft and smooth. It also helped it to stay clean and oil free. I think this is a great product and I would highly recommend it.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply. I used it at night before bed.

The scent is good.

Lightweight but greasy

Yes You May, Mary Kay

from Central Jersey

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

I have used Mary Kay products on and off for the last 10 years or so. I love their products. They are reasonably priced and do the job they are intended to do. I have been using the Mary Kay Lightweight Moisturizer for 2 years now. I have definitely noticed an increased smoothness and I look darn good for my age considering I have no wrinkles. Now whether or not it is due to the lotion or just incredibly good genes, we will never know, but it surely hasn't hurt!

Smooth, clean skin. Not oily or any residue left on skin. It is a very light moisturizer and can apply makeup very shortly after applying. Skin is left soft, but not slimy.

Ease of Application
Very easy, just always remember to apply moisturizer in an upward morin. Rubbing down drags down your skin, this creating sagging skin and wrinkles.

Very little if any scent. I do not like any offensive odors when it comes to my products, especially those that are used so close to my nose where I'd be smelling it all day!

not my favorite mary kay moisturizer

from Morristown, TN

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

If this moisturizer was a little thicker and absorbed into your skin a little quicker I would like it. It is not bad and it does do the job for normal skin, but mine tends to be on the dry side and this just did not work for me. On the rougher drier patches of my face this product just sat ontop of my skin and never did fully absorb. It is a non-sticky formula and it also has a nice scent that is not at all overpowering. I would not reccomend this product because it is overpriced for a normal skin moisturizing product. I do like the gel formula as far as how it feels and does have a nice cooling effect , but this is just not an effective product. I reccomend trying something else even if you do have normal skin.

Mary Kay Moisurizer is great

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

i have used this product in the past and i loved it. its great for teens and that its lightweight and not greasy. i also liked that it comes in a gel form so its easy to put on. i like that it dries quikly and exfoliates really well. i would recomend this product to any teenager.

Have been using for almost 5 years now!

from Redondo Beach, CA

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

I use this with the cleanser and it works great. I imagine I will have to eventually move on to the Timewise line with Mary Kay, but this has worked so well for so long, I will try to wait it out as long as possible. The moisturizer is the second of the two easy steps in this line and has produced great skin and minimal breakouts for me! And it feels very light and easily absorbed into the skin. The amount of product lasts quite a long time, too, at least compared to what I used to buy in the stores. So it is a good value in the end, even if it seemed a little more expensive than what I used to pay for moisturizer!

Velocity really helps slear up your skin

from Temperance, MI

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

I think Velocity is one of the best facial cleansers i have ever used. It is fast, easy and gentle on my skin. You start to see the affects of using velocity right away, your skin feels smoother right after you wash your face and it feels nice and clean. And within about a week, your acne is noticably clearer, and blackheads disappear among along with pimples. I reccomend this product to anyone, it is fast, simple and just great to use. Also, i know how most people hate the strong, intense smell of other facial cleansers... Velocity however is not strong. The smell is just suttle, fresh and clean. This is by far the bestt facial cleansers i have ever used, try it, you will not be disappointed with the outcome! I mean, who would be angry with a nice, smooth, acne-free face? No one of course!

--Also, if you get the facial cleanser, i recommend you get the moisturizer along with it!

Rave llama out.

Good for morning makeup application

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

Velocity moisturizer gives my skin life w/o causing blemishes

from Scottsdale, AZ

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

Mary Kay Velocity moisturizer, when used in tandem with the Velocity cleanser and a toner suited to skin type, helps keep young skin feeling supple, smooth, and silky - and keeps blemishes at bay. My skin has never looked so fresh and flawless. In the past, I have tended to have problems with oil/blemishes in the T-zone, but not since trying the Mary Kay system. Big props to Velocity!

Nicely Moisturizing!

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer:

My friend recently became a Mary Kay consultant and hooked me up with the Velocity Mary Kay Lightweight Moisturizer. I LOVE it! The bottle is just the right size to last a long time, it smells fresh and clean, it applies on clear and smooth, and works just as well! After one application all over your face, you feel refreshed and rejuvinated. It doesn't make your hands or face sticky and immediately soaks into your skin. My skin is dry and flaky as well as oily, and yet it doesn't make my skin **more** oily. Even after 5 minutes, it soaks into my skin and it looks less dry. I should use it faithfully every day, but I am bad at that. Even for the less-consistent like me, it works awesomely! Sometimes mary kay products may cost a little more or you don't know if they work as well, but this one does! Find a consultant and try this stuff out. Usually they have samples or will have a bottle in their stash. You'll love it! The only thing they could work on is the scent. It does smell fresh, but a little "orangey" scent wouldn't be bad. That's my only improvement. :)