3.9
Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

3.9

only thing that helped my acne was the Acne Treatment by MaryKay

Ever since I can remember I had acne that nothing worked on.  I didn't have huge bad flare ups but just enough that it was bothersome.  They were big and hurt when the came so I wanted to find something to get rid of it.  I tried all kids of products from the drugstore and nothing even touched the acne and some even made it worse.  I have sensitive skin and exzema and psorasis so it makes it hard to find something that does not aggitate one of them to treat another.  Then I met a lady and she said you have to try this.  It is different, I promise, from anything you have ever tried. And she handed me the Mary Kay Acne Treatment.

My first time using it I was skeptical, of course.  What would make this any different? I applied it and instantly it started to soothe some of the pain that I had with the acne.  After my third day using it I was amazed that my acne was practically gone.  After a full week there was no trace that I had acne at all.  Truly amazed by this product.  Since that first  use this has been the only thing I have used! It is great!  Recommend to any and all who have acne issues.

Dislike this Cleanser

Overall, I did not like this cleanser. This cleanser was recommended to me by a Mark Kay consultant. I was told that the cleanser was very gentle on sensitive skin. However, after using this product, I had blemishes that resulted from using the product, as well as it was irritating and caused me to have break-outs on my face. When I applied the cleanser, I felt a burning feeling. Also, the cleanser leaves your skin feeling overly dry afterwards. Sometimes after the cleanser, it would cause your skin to peel. The price was more than what the cleanser was worth. I honestly would not reccommend this product to anyone who has sensitive skin because their skin may be effected in a harmful way. It also does not provide a lather to your face. Instead, it gets stuck in your pores and is hard to wipe away. I have found that this product does more harm to your face then it does good. Clearly, this is not a good product for individuals with sensitive skin.

This really didn't work for me at all.

from Joplin, MO

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
  • Ineffective

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

I was given a bottle by a friend who is a Mary Kay consultant. I used it every day until it was gone. After it was gone I went back to more affordable products and got better results with them. Much of Mary Kay's merchandise is high-quality, but this one not so much. It feels gross and it doesn't help acne any more than regular hand soap does. My acne actually got worse while I was using it.
    It has no real use as far as acne prevention and treatment. It's slimy and leaves your skin feeling dirtier than when you started. Not worth a penny.

Pretty Good

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

I think this cleanser came out as a competitor to Pro Activ. It's an acne fighting cleanser that I've used from time to time. I bought it at a Mary Kay party after trying a sample. I had some friends comment about how well they thought it was at clearing up their skin and thought I'd give it a try. I thought that it was a good cleanser. It washed away oil, dirt, and makeup easily. I don't know if it really prevented breakouts any better than other brands that I've tried. I thought it was just as good as a brand that you would buy in the drugstore (or walmart for that matter). In the end, I would say that I was happy with the product, but not the high price. I think you can get an acne wash from the store that would work just as well, and not have to spend as much money. I tried it once, and was relatively happy with it - but I wasn't ready to buy another tube when it ran out - I was just as happy with other products I was already using.

Great product if you have young skin

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

I used this product quite frequently until I turned 30 and my hormones and skin tone started to change. It always kept my face feeling clean, norished and left it with a nice glow. It wasn't harsh and did seem to do a great job of preventing blackhead breakouts. As my skin started to age, this cleanser became less effective for keeping my skin bright and fresh. Which is not unexpected since this line is basically targeted at teens and younger users. If you have a daughter or relative looking for a good skincare line, I would highly recommend this to them.

This cleanser provides a great overall clean feeling and does a fantastic job of making your skin feel refreshed. I rarely had black heads or breakouts related to my skin being clogged while using this product.

Ease of Application
    It doesn't get much simpler then flipping the top open and squeezing it onto your hands or a washcloth. It is extremely easy to control the amount in each squeeze.

This has a sort of citrusy but generally very pleasant smell. It is enough that you get the scent but it isn't overpowering or lingering.

Great for teenage combination skin

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

When I was a teenager, this was my go-to facial cleanser. I had a minimal amount of acne, but it definitely kept this at bay during the harshest times of the year on my skin. As someone with sensitive skin, I have to be careful of the products I use to ensure I don't get a rash or dry my skin out. One downside is the price, as it is much more expensive than I am currently willing to pay and have since switched to a less expensive facial cleanser.

I found this to work really well at cleaning my teenage skin without drying it out. It didn't leave me shiny or my skin peeling. However, for more severe acne or more oily skin, I don't know

Ease of Application
    This is a very easy product to use. The consistency of the cleanser is great for skin coverage and for also picking up the excess oil on the skin.

I found the scent to be somewhat feminine, and my male friends stayed away from using this product because of that, even though it is marketed as gender neutral. I like that it isn't too strong of a scent.

Good face wash!

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

I have been using Mary Kay products for years and always try their different products. My aunt sells for them and recommended this velocity face wash product. I purchased it and was pleased with the results. It gives your skin a good, deep clean. My skin always felt really soft and smooth after using it. I did not have any negative side effects. However, it was not my favorite face wash ever. I have oily skin and found it was not as effective at preventing breakouts. Therefore, I have not purchased it again. I would recommend it for normal to dry skin. I would not recommend it for oily skin or people trying to fight acne. It is not strong enough for that.

It was very effective at getting my skin clean. It also gave my skin a very soft look to it. However, it was not effective in preventing acne and that is the type of face wash I need long term.

Ease of Application
    It was incredibly easy to use. I used it in the shower and at the sink at night.

The scent is great.

Great for sensitive skin.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

I started using this facial cleanser when I was a teen. I am now in my early thirties and I still think it is a wonderful cleanser. I do not have to worry about acne as much at this age, but I do have very sensitive skin. I have found that a lot of cleansers are too abrasive and my skin ends up feeling like I have scrubbed the outer layer off after just one use. I have never had this issue with Mary Kay's Velocity Cleanser. The last time I ordered it, the saleswoman told me that this cleanser is normally just for teens, but I think that if something works for you, stick with it. I have tried other facial products, but I have found that I always go back to Mary Kay's Velocity line. It cleans my face, make it feel fresh, but does not feel like a facial scrub. It is very gentle, but still cleans off all of my make up. That is a very important thing to me; I need my cleanser to clean off all of my make up because I tend to have an oily t-zone. The Velocity cleanser helps with my oily t-zone as well. I am very happy using this cleanser, no matter what my age.

Great for the younger generation

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

I have to say that I used to use the Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser many many years ago and I just loved it. Now my own daughter uses the Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser and she absolutely just loves it too. This facial cleanser issue for teenagers and people in their early twenties. I actually used it into my early thirties because my skin was oily and this cleanser worked wonders on my oily skin. It is actually a cleanser and exfoliator together so you take care of everything at once. This Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser is definitely the first step you take in life to keep your skin young and youthful looking. Another good thing about this Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser is the wonderful scent it has. It actually gets its scent from the Velocity Perfume Ay Kay has. It is a light scent but it does smell good. I would certainly recommend this Velocity Cleanser to all of my friends and family who are in there teens or twenties as you will really love it.

Velocity - the only cleanser I can use

from Plainfield, IL

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

I started using Velocity cleanser about 10 years ago. As a young 21 year old, it worked great on my sensitive skin. It kept me clear of breakouts and washed away makeup easily. Over the years I've tried other facial cleansers, but they always would make my skin break out or dry up. It's still my cleanser of choice 10 years later, just wish I could buy it in the store!

Only Velcity for my face.

from Rogers, AR

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

Velocity cleanser has a nice pleasant scent. It has a very fine grit for scrubbing. I love the foaming action. I've been using this for years and now I already have my 9 year old daughter using it! It is a bit expensive, but you only need a small amount so the tube lasts quite a while.

Velocity great for younger skin

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser:

I have used this product, as have my teenagers. While I may prefer some of the other MK cleansers, my teenagers have liked the Velocity for cleansing, feeling fresh, and helping with acne control.

The cleanser feels good when being used and does leave the face feeling fresh and clean. It foams up as it is rubbed on, and the exfoliating ingredients really do help with softness. The only drawback to this product is that removal can be a little difficult. It doesn't just "splash" off with water. The best bet is to use it while in the shower to make sure it is completely removed, or to use a washcloth at the sink. I have found that this product did help my teenagers get into the habit of using something on a daily basis.

This product does have a fragrance, which is gender-neutral and is more of a fresh scent rather than a flowery or overpowering "smell".

The concept around this product seems to be fun and young -- the packaging is bright and welcoming, and the tube is soft so you can get the product out easily. I travels well also.