Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:

Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

I'm Not A Mary Kay Rep, but, I Sure Do Love `some' Mary Kay ....

Who doesn't know someone on the job who sells either Mary Kay, or Avon?

Who doesn't know someone on the job who sells either Mary Kay, or Avon?

I use Mary Kay occasionally, because, I only buy it maybe once a year, and supplementing my skin care with other products, Mary Kay last quite awhile for me.

The **Mary Kay Microdermabrasion Set, **I absolutely love this set!

The set has two-items that are numbered and of course you use them based on the numbers:  Step 1 **REFINE**

Step 2 **REPLENISH**

Step 1 is: a 2 oz tube containing a creamy-white and lush textured, non-oily, microdermabrasion type-lotion with a tiny amount of granules (any more, and this product could be very abrasive). Yet, I enjoyed using this product, and did not really rush to rinse it off. I enjoyed the feel my face had as I was using this scrub. My face felt smooth, sleek, and I knew the old, top skin was gone, and what I was feeling was a new layer of skin. This is my interpretation of what I felt using Step 1. It was a nice experience.

Step 2 is: in a small pump bottle (perhaps, 2 oz) and it does its' job. It replenishes. It has a very light-weight lotion texture, but, not watery, and it is without scent, and is a pale pink in color.

The **Mary Kay Microdermabrasion Set **has what you need for cleansing via refining and replenishing.

I'm not a Mary Kay Rep, but, I do love `some' Mary Kay products, and this one is definitely it!

It made my skin break out

My friend is a Mary Kay consultant and highly recommended this product to me.  I have normally oily skin and the occasional breakout, and she thought that it would help both problems.Read complete review

Although the Microdermabrasion kit was expensive, I was willing to pay more for something that would make my skin look fabulous.  So, I purchased the set and started using it right away.  At first, I loved how smooth and soft my skin felt.  It was almost immediate.  I was surprised.

However, after a few days of using it, my skin broke out pretty bad.  When I mentioned this to my consultant friend, she said that my skin was probably just cleansing and urged me to continue to use it for a while longer.

I took her advice and continued to have problems with my skin breaking out.  My pores were still big, and my face was still oily.  I didn't see any change, and I felt that my skin looked even worse than before.

Finally, after a several weeks, I returned the product for a full refund.  My friend said that maybe I had sensitive skin or was just too young to be using the product.  I have no idea, but whatever it was it just didn't work for me.

Not what I expected

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

This is definitely not the same thing as going to the salon and getting microdermabrasion. This Mary Kay formula is nothing but a glorified exfoliation product. Sure there are little crystal beads in step one that exfoliate your skin, but it does nothing more than prevent blackheads and wash your face. I was looking for the real deal. I am trying to get rid of some scarring left from previous acne that has cleared up. This definitely did not help. What it did do was prevent any more acne that I do not even have from appearing. It was not worth the money or the time spent trying it out. I will not be buying this product again and it was a waste of money that could have been spent going to the salon to get a real microdermabrasion treatment. If you are looking for a good acne treatment, you should seriously consider Proactiv or some other low budget formula that actually does the same thing as this overpriced product.

Great for Exfoliating

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

Mary Kay's TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set had been on my wish list for a long time, so I was excited when I received my first set. It did not disappoint, and I now use it every other day to keep my skin looking it's best.

This two-step set is so simple to use. I do the first step in the shower, and it only takes about two minutes of scrubbing it on my skin to feel results. The results are immediate too! My skin feels smoother, softer, and younger without that dry top layer. After you rinse off the scrub, you apply the serum (step two) which replenishes my skin and makes it feel amazing. I love this product!

Absorption
The Microdermabrasion serum (step two) absorbs into the skin very well, immediately replenishing it. I love the second step to keep my skin from becoming dry after exfoliation.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I haven't experienced any clogged pores from using this product. In fact, it seems to have the opposite result, and cleanses pores quite well.

The Mary Kay Microderm Abrasion Set is very effective at getting deep exfoliation results without visiting the salon.

Smooth, smooth skin

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

I used the Mary-Kay Microdermabrasion set because I had won it through a giveaway, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how smooth it made your skin feel afterwards. While the saleswoman did tell me that it sometimes could cause breakouts when you first start using it, because it is working to clear your skin. While I had it, I used it about twice a week and I really loved how smooth it made my skin. I bought it maybe once or twice after I ran out, and I miss it....but I could live without it, so I stopped purchasing it.

Leaves skin so soft!

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

This might be the next best thing to the spa! This makes your skin feel so incredibly soft after use! I don't use it as regularly as directed (though I should because it feels so nice!), but only when I feel like I need an extra pore cleaning or when I have problems with breakouts. The microdermabrasion cream is a GREAT exfoliator, but it's not too rough on your skin. The "beads" are very small and work into the skin nicely (I've had experience with other products whose beads were too large or made of bark, and they hurt and didn't do as nice of a job.) The recovery moisturizer is nice too, but my skin has a hard time with it and tends to break out. I have to use a different moisturizer for acne prone skin, and it seems to work well with the system for me. I think the included moisturizer would probably work well for most people that don't have super acne prone or oily skin, as it does feel nice and lightweight.

Doesn't Clog Pores
It actually cleans out the pores! The moisturizer included did make me break out though; I have very sensitive, acne prone skin.

This stuff really works!

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

I really love this product! I have been to spas and tried several micro derma abrasion treatments but this is one of my favorites. It is easy to use and gentle on my sensitive skin. It is not something I would use daily but for once or twice a week it is great to clean the dead skin off your face. I really love the lotion for after it makes my skin feel so soft.

Absorption
One thing I love about Mary Kay products is that the absorption is great! It always allows my skin to breath and feels very light.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I have very sensitive skin and this product does not break my skin out or clog my pores unless I use it too often. I feel that is actually opens and cleans out pores instead of clogging them. I think the only thing you have to be careful of is drying out your skin because of overuse.

It keeps my skin very soft and smooth. I also don't feel like my skin gets all yucky from dead skin. I also notice a glow on my skin that was not there before.

Okay Product but Lots of Additives

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

The Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set does the job that it says it will - it leaves your face feeling soft by abrading off the top layer of skin on your face. However, many of the ingredients found in the the set of two products are not ones that I would want to put on my face or any other part of my body. I prefer using more natural products.

Absorption
The second step of the Microdermabrasion set absorbs very well into you skin and leaves it soft.

Doesn't Clog Pores
This product doesn't really clog pores, but you need to be careful when using it if you have acne-prone or sensitive skin.

Mary Kay's Microdermabrasion set is effective at what it does - it softens you skin by taking of the top layer of skin. However, if you do have sensitive or acne prone skin, it can exacerbate the problem if used frequently and with products commonly used to fight acne problems. Also, many of the ingredients can be considered harmful, and I recommend using a more natural product that is equal effective/

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Great for sensitive skin and aging

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

I never really knew much about anti aging products, and not much about the Mary Kay skin care line. I was dealing with adult acne after my second child was born and a co worker told me about this product. I was worried about it being too harsh on my skin, but I was pleasantly surprised. This product worked amazing on my face and made my face feel so smooth and silky. It really helped with my acne and I could tell my face was much clearer within a few times of using this. It did not irritate my skin, but helped to dry out the acne that I had along with making my face look younger and healthier. I had small wrinkles in my brow area that looked much finer and less noticeable.
I used this once a day and could really see results. I think the Mary Kay line is great for helping get your skin under control and looking younger.

Absorption
It absorbs well into the skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
This product does not clog pores at all, it actually helps clean the pores and make your skin look amazing and youthful.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Soothing cream to help your skin absorb scar tissue

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

When I was a child, I was mauled by a friend's dog. I still have the scars, but never really noticed them until my 30s. Now they are starting to show since I had the tendency to produce keeloids wherever there is trauma to my skin. I started using this when my friend, who is a Mary Kay rep raved about using it on her stretch marks.

I started using a little bit every day on the most noticable scars, and nothing happened at first. When I got the very end of my tube I noticed that they were paler, and starting to be less of a bump. I was using it on the large nub of scar tissue some shoulder surgery had left behind. It was no longer a fierce angry lump, but rather a skin toned bump that was starting to thin out.

I admit I was skeptical at first, but since it really is starting to lower the presence of my scar tissue, I may be trying it on my stretch marks next!

Doesn't Clog Pores
I mostly used it on my shoulder, and only a little on my face, so it is hard to judge this section.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Great alternative to the expensive treatments

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

I think Mary Kay Microdermabrasion is a great alternative to going to the spa and getting the expensive treatments. It uses some of the same ingredients dermatologists would use and gets rid of the dead skin on your face as well as replenishing your skin with vitamins to help your skin look and feel great. My favorite thing about this product compared to others like it, is that you control how deep of a clean you get because you use your hands instead of a brush along with the beads in step one to do the work. This is a great feature because it is a way to make sure you feel great after the treatment and not in any sort of discomfort or pain.

Absorption
The step two of the set absorbs great into the skin. I used to do mine as my nightly routine before bed and it was dry before my head hit the pillow so I did not have to worry about it rubbing off onto my sheets.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I definitely had much clearer skin using the microdermabrasion, then when I was not using it so I am pretty positive it did anything but clog the pores. My skin felt light and airy after using it rather than heavy and caked on.

The microdermabrasion helped clear up my skin of acne and made it shine and look beautiful. It is a great investment of front, but when you only use it a couple of times a week, it can last quite a while.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

The crystals are super fine, leaving my skin smooth.

Comments about Mary Kay TimeWise Microdermabrasion Set:

I was able to try this product at a recent Mary Kay party that I was invited to with a girlfriend of mine. While I was not a fan of most of the products at the party, this was one of two products I loved and ended up buying! It left my skin feeling smooth without major irritation. The crystals were so fine verses the large gritty exfoliators out in the market. The cream was okay. That is why I give it an 8. Mary Kay products tend to be slightly on the greasier side. The price is a little on the high side as well. I shop around to find it cheaper.

Absorption
This product absorbed into the skin really well. There was no residue left behind.

Doesn't Clog Pores
This product did not clog my pores. It cleaned them out nicely so that they can close up and minimize.

I would say overall this product is highly effective for what it advertises to do. There are no miracles to improve skin but this is a step in the right direction.