Other Sunscreens:
Mary Kay

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Great for layering under makeup

Comments about Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30:

Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30 is a wonderful and very effective product. I have very fair and sensitive skin. My primary care doctor recommended that I apply a layer of sunscreen to my face before I apply my foundation each morning. He said that the sunscreen would help protect my skin against additional sun damage. I was skeptical that I could find a sunscreen that would be light enough on my skin to still allow to foundation to look flawless. My Mary Kay representative recommended that I try Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30. She said that it would absorb into my skin and still allow me to get the "flawless finish" for my Mary Kay foundation. It really worked. My foundation still looks fantastic and I am very comforted knowing that my sensitive skin is protected from sun damage. I highly recommend Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30 to any woman with sensitive skin. It is very effective and most of the time I actually forget that I am wearing sunscreen!

This product has very little scent.

Absorption
Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30 absorbs very well!

Longevity
This sunscreen lasts all day long!

Comments about Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30:

Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30 is one of the best sunscreens to use if you have fair skin. I think it outlasts and performs better than other brands. This is great for all skin types, I have never had a problem with skin outbreaks while using this. It also moisturizes and lasts longer than most in the water, you also will not have a problem with it burning your eyes. If you haven't tried this product I suggest you do, I do not think you will be disappointed.

Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30 has a very pleasant smell, not loud and overwhelming. I like that it isn't the same scent that most sunscreen's have. It is hard to explain exactly what the scent is, just that it is a nice one.

Absorption
This sunblock absorbs great, your skin does not have that oily, greasy feeling like a lot of these products do.

This product is very effective and is waterproof so you don't have to apply every few minutes like you do with some.

Ease of Application
Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30 is very easy to apply. All you need to do is apply to hands and rub into skin.

• Ease of Application:

Not the best I have used.

Comments about Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30:

I was not overly impressed with this sunscreen. I have used their products for a while so I decided to give their sunscreen a try. While it got the job done, it was not the best I have used. I had to reapply frequently in order to not get burned. It also did not last long. I did not think it was worth the price that I paid for it. You also have to order it from a consultant which makes it inconvenient when you run out. I would not recommend this sunscreen. Other brands perform better and are a better price.

The scent is fine. It smells nice actually.

Absorption
I did not think this absorbed as well as other products I had used. It left me feeling a little greasy.

Longevity
I felt like I had to reapply this too often. Therefore, it did not last long and it was not worth the price I paid for it.

It was effective at protecting me from a sunburn. However, I had to reapply it often for it to be effective.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply.

Okay for an Average Sunscreen

Comments about Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30:

Overall, I don't recommend this product because it has a lot of chemicals. If you interested in purchasing anyway, it's an okay product. wouldn't say it's the best I've used, but not the worst either.

It smells like sunscreen. I'm not sure what you'd call that scent, but that's what is smells like. I think the scent is the chemical kind that comes from the not-so-great ingredients that go into this product.

Absorption
Mary Kay's sunscreen does absorb pretty well, though it feels slightly thicker than I would want it to be.

Longevity
It last for awhile, but not if you sweat or go swimming. This sunscreen is the type of product you use to avoid sun when you're not doing anything too strenuous.

As long as you're not doing any strenuous activity, this product does what it's suppose do Despite an SPF of 30, it will protect from the sun but for a limited time.

Ease of Application
Since the sunscreen comes in a tube, it's in the middle range of ease of application. It does make your hands feel greasy afterwards, which might be off-putting to some people.

Mary Kay Sunscreen Great for families

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30:

i love this sunscreen and i would never use any other brand of sunscreen. i like that its long lasting and that its waterproof and that it smells good. i also love that it can be worn with makeup and that i love that it doesn't irritate or burn my childs skin. i like that its good for the whole family and that its reasonably priced. i would recommend this product to friends and family.

Mary Kay SPF 30 Sunscreen protects alone or under your makeup!

from Bryant, AR

Comments about Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30:

I was lucky enough to be born with a naturally darker skin tone.  This being due to my Cherokee Indian heritage.

I'm not prone to just laying out, though I do enjoy time in the pool.  We also spend alot of time at the baseball and softball fields watching our neices and nephews play ball.  I don't always burn, but during the harsh summer sun in the southern United States, my nose and forehead due tend to burn if I'm not careful.

I hated the greasy feeling of my sunscreen and the shine that it seemed to leave when putting it on over my makeup.  Several years ago, a friend recommended Mary Kay's SPF 30 and shared with me that she put it on every day during the summer underneath her makeup!  I asked her how that worked, and she laughed and said she didn't know..but it did!

So I purchased some and tried it.  Sure enough, I stayed out all afternoon at my brother's church softball tournament, and was surprised to find when I got home that my nose and forehead hadn't even gotten pink!  We were sitting in direct sunlight for more than 4 hours.

The Mary Kay sunscreen is not greasy at all.  It's light and has a pleasant smell.  It's perfect for those who don't need a stronger SPF due to their tendency to sunburn.  I have not tried it at the beach yet, but did wear it several times last year when we were on the boat at the lake and had great results.  I've also used it all over while I was swimming at the pool.

I do recommend if you're going to get in the water, that  you put it on at least 10 minutes before getting wet.  You also need to be very careful about getting it rubbed in good.  My daughter used it last weekend when she took her niece to the pool.  When she got back in the house, we had to laugh.  Along the back side of her shoulder blades, she had burned just a little, but only where she had missed with the sunscreen.  You could see where her fingers had reached around to spread the sunscreen.  Her skin had burned around that very obvious handprint!

MK SPF 30 Sunscreen did WONDERFUL for me while on vacation!!

from Lanesville, IN

Comments about Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30:

MK SPF 30 Sunscreen is wonderful.  I used it on our whole family and none of us had a sunburn while vacationing in Gulf Shores.  I am a dedicated user because I am very fair skinned and burn easily, but this definitely did the job!

Excellent Product

from Glendale, AZ

Comments about Mary Kay Sunscreen SPF 30:

Mary Kay SPF 30 Sunscreen is one of the best products that I have ever purchased. I am an Independant Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay so I have used this product ever since it was introduced.

It stays water-proof and sweat resistant for up to 80 minutes. It is a lightweight, oil-free, it works on both face and body. It protects against both UVA (Aging) and UVB (Burning) rays.

I like that it is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation, that gives me total faith in this product.

I have three children from ages 2 to 12 and feel good about using it on all of them as well as my husband and myself.

We live in Arizona, and the sun can get very brutal in the summertime here, so I apply sunscreen to all of my children every day because they are outside so much.

I have never had to worry about them being sunburnt. I can apply it before we go swimming and know that they are protected the entire time we are out.