3.8

Mary Kay Skin Care System

3.8

Mary Kay Clear Proof skin system

Comments about Mary Kay Skin Care System:

This system comes with a cleanser, toner, lotion, and spot treatment gel. you can also order pore-purifying serum that works in conjunction with the spot gel. The cleanser is very gentle, and washes of with warm water and cloth. The toner can be put on a cotton ball and swabbed on just where you need it. Then use the gel and serum, and lotion. Before using this system, areas of blackheads would not clear up with other products from the shelf. After using this for about two weeks, there was noticeable improvement and the problem areas were clearing up. The gel works great for spot treatments even if you don't use the entire system. Using the lotion after the spot gel and serum keeps the skin from getting too dry. It is soaks in well and is not greasy. I also use the gel and serum on my back. The product lasts for several months. A little goes a long way, and is well worth the cost.

Mary Kay Formula 3 makes me sad:(

from Manitowoc, WI

Comments about Mary Kay Skin Care System:

Okay, if you have read any of my previous reviews about any Mary Kay products- you probably know that I am not a huge fan of Mary Kay.

This would be the main reason why.

Their face systems. Let's start at the top:

Cleanser: The cleansers aren't very nice. They aren't super creamy, or luxurious. They don't smell good- the packaging is not attractive, and they are very over drying, and they don't even remove dirt- they just strip your skin.

Toner/Astringent: Toner is Toner. There are only a few toners I have tried- that I like. This would not be one of them. This is disgusting to me. It's basically just like alcohol and a bunch of other harsh, damaging chemicals thrown into a [again] not attractive or exciting, or pretty, bottle. It is very harsh, and over dries your skin extremely. It makes your skin glow bright red after applying- Which is SO terrible for your skin!!!!! Especially on your face!

Moisturizer: I don't know why it's even called moisturizer. It doesn't moisturize... It's not creamy, it's not smooth, and doesn't even have a nice consistency. It doesn't rub in good, it doesn't blend- it's like oily. Not in a good way. I have normal-dry skin, and this is OILY. I usually go for more oily of products, but this isn't a smooth, fantastic 'oily', it's like somebody poured a bottle of lamp oil accidently into the batch of moisturizer. It's not thick- so when you try to apply it, it runs all over your hands, and is very hard to control. Nobody wants to have to quickly slap some moisturizer on so it doesn't go everywhere- it's supposed to be soothing, and like a romantic vocation for your skin! Not some 'Oh, hurry! It's gonna explode!" Horrible Experience. .

What I look for in facial products or facial kits/sets is for it to reflect me. I usually am very optimistic, and I love to try new products, and am very optimistic about trying them, and experiencing new things, and even when they go bad I usually get over it but in this case- it is so horrible, I can't tell you how disappointed I was that I splurged so much money, only for it to be wasted!

Your facial care should make you feel healthy and happy. When you get up in the morning, you should feel like "I can't wait to rejuvenate and refresh my face!" And then afterwards your face should glow and sparkle. [Healthy glow not burning red glow!] And you should feel moisturized before you apply moisturizer!

I have a favorite product that does exactly this for me. It makes me feel so confident, and my face has never looked better, felt better, or been more exciting for me than it has been now- I wish I could say that MaryKay brought me my favorite facial product- but it didn't. I do not like this product! I can't believe how much money I wasted on thisL Thank Heaven they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee!

Was not for me

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Mary Kay Skin Care System:

I tried Mary Kay makeup and moisturizers for my face and I broke out.  I had a rash on my face from using Mary Kay.  I switched to Clinique and have had no problems.  I would say Mary Kay is not for everyone.

Mary Kay has worked better for me then Pro Active!

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about Mary Kay Skin Care System:

I have tried Pro Active before, when my skin had really bad breakouts and it did not work. I also have sensitive skin and some products make my skin worse, especially if there in fragrance added. My face eventually cleared up a little and I was getting monthly facials and using a special face regiment, but once I stopped with the facials, my skin broke out even with the special regiment. I worked with someone who also sold Mary Kay products and she started me on it and in less then 2 weeks my face cleared up dramatically and I now have just the occasional pimple, as in singular pimple. It is a 3 step process, but I like lesser steps in my day, so I skip the toner and my face still is clear of acne. And the mask I use about once a month and it works beautifully to get deep down in my pores with a difference you can feel. It is also very affordable compared to other products you can get in the store and it lasts a long time. A small amount goes a long way.

My MaryKay skincare system is AMAZING!!!

from Milton, PA

Comments about Mary Kay Skin Care System:

I am faithful to my Skin Care System. That is one thing I will not skimp on! I get compliments all the time from people . They cannot believe my age! They think I'm friends of my children! Boy, that makes me feel great. I always say it's the Mary Kay way! Thanks Mary Kay I don't know what I would do without you!