Other Skin Care Systems:
Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System

Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System

Pros

Cons

Mary Kay Satin Smoothie Hand Scrub: Satin never felt so good.

**Mary Kay Satin Hands Satin Smoothie Pampering Set**

**Mary Kay Satin Hands Satin Smoothie Pampering Set**

The old Satin Hands set from years ago came in a white tube (remember that one?) and honestly I didn't like it.  The scrub felt pasty and sometimes dried out my my hands.  I didn't like the smell either.  It supposedly had no smell but to me it smelled like cement.  Yuck.  I moved on.

I found the all new and much improved Satin Hands set by the sink at a friend's house and with her blessings used it.  This one I liked a lot.  Now I have my own.

The Satin Hands Pampering set comes with three products, the Satin Hands Satin Smoothie Hand Scrub, the Satin Hands Hand Cream and the Mary Kay Emollient Night Cream.

The set comes in peach.  It is both peach scented and peach colored.  It makes no big difference to me but really I am a lavendar scent fan and peach is not my favorite color.  I think we had so much orange in our house in the seventies that I am opposed to any hue in the orange family.  Either way, the scent is nice and the color has nothing to do with the positive results I've experienced with soft, soft hands.

**Satin Hands Smoothie Hand Scrub:**

This is my favorite part of the skin care system.  The scrub seems to have just the right size of exfoliating beads, not fine and abrasive and not too big and gritty either.  My hands already feel better after just this step. I give this part of the system an awesome rating.

**Satin Hands Hand Cream:**

The Satin Hands hand cream is a nice thickness and absorbs well.  It feels good but honestly I don't love it more or less than many other hand creams.

**Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream:**

If you are extra dry, the directions tell you that you can dampen hands before applying this emollient for more hydration.  I really do believe that the night cream step makes a big difference.  This step is what keeps hands softer for longer.  It's wonderful to wake up with really soft hands.  Mine are usually quickly grabbed by soft little hands that want to pull me to kitchen to help them with their breakfast.

**My tip for applying MK Emollient Night Cream:**

This feels great on the back of your hands but will feel greasy on your palms.  I don't want to wash off my cream nor get cream on the book I am going to read in bed.  So I have a system for applying this one.  I squirt it onto the back of one of my hands and turn my other hand palm up and rub them together to keep my palms dry.

**My Viewpoint: ** Mary Kay has a new happy customer for Satin Hands Pampering Set and I really like that Satin Hands is made in the U.S.A.

Mary Kay Satin Hands is overpriced for what it does.

I received a Mary Kay Satin Hands set for my birthday a few months ago. Many of my friends and relatives find Satin Hands to be the penultimate in hand exfoliation; I disagree. I found Satin Hands to be overpriced given what it does.

Before Satin Hands I used sugar and olive oil as a hand exfoliant. Sure it's a little messy, but it's just as messy as Satin Hands. Also, Satin Hands has a really weird fragrance that is offsetting, at least to me. I just don't understand why I would spend a premium on a product that costs me pennies to make at home with my own ingredients.

Mary Kay products have an added "benefit" to them. Your local sales person will hound you with phone calls and emails about the latest and greatest products. And when that doesn't work, he or she may even resort to third-party sales tactics, like asking your step-mother "Why hasn't your step-daughter bought more Satin Hands? It's been three months, she should have used it all by now."

One of the Best Hand Care Systems

from reading pa

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

This is one of the best hand care systems I have ever tried. I first tried this at a Mary Kay party and absolutely had to buy it on the spot. I suffer from dry, cracked, even bleeding hands during the Winter months from washing my hands so often. This is system, I call it a system because it is more than one step, will make your hands insistently feel better. When I first used this I couldn't believe it, my hands felt soft and smooth like butter. The best part was they kept feeling like that. It did not wear off after a few minutes and each time I used it my hands felt soft. It is a bit expensive but it is totally worth it. You will not find a lotion out on the market that will make your hands feel this smooth. The scent of this product is a bit strong for me, but that is because I am sensitive to smells. The scent does drift off after a few minutes of having it on your hands. If you suffer from dry hands you absolutely need to try this.

My hands have never felt better

from Reno, NV

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

My hands have never felt better. The system iseasy to use and all of the products smell great. I have had Eczema on my hands for years and this product has made my hand issues go away. I especially like how fair the price is. I have been using it every other day and it has lasted nearly a year. I Will buy it again and always recommend this system to friends.

Your hands will be really smooth!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

I really like this product, but don't like that it doesn't have a lot of natural ingredients. It does work though. The scrub is great and really gets in there. It has a lot of scrubbing power. The lotions after work well also. A little greasy, but it goes away. I have this product in my cupboard now and use it from time to time. I especially like the scrub. It all smells good. It works well.

Satin Hands is true to it's promise.

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

A friend gave me a this product for Christmas last year. I put it aside because I use another hand cream. When my old product ran out I decided to give Satinhands a try. I opened the cute, eco-friendly, re-useable gift bag and checked out the items inside. The kit includes a fragrance-free hand cream, a fragrance-free hand softener and a fragrance-free hand scrub. I have used all 3 products and I am very happy with the results. I have very dry skin and I am constantly re-applying hand cream throughout the day, which makes me go through product very quickly. I found with Satinhands I do not have to reapply as often because it is water-proof. I use the hand scrub once a day and I have noticed a more youthful appearance to my hands in less than 2 weeks. I use the hand softener every night before bed. I highly recommend this product to anyone who needs fragrance free skin-care products. I will definitely be using this product in the future.

Satin Hands

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

I received the Mary Kay satin hands three piece set for Christmas and I love it! It comes in a cool little reusable bag with a cute design! Like I mentioned, this set has three pieces! I absolutely love the exfoliating hand wash that this set comes with! It feels like a massage when I'm rubbing my hands together and it helps get off any dead or flaky skin. Then after using the hand scrub before I go to bed I apply the overnight cream. This one is kinda sticky but it's great for moisturizing my hands throughout the night and I wake up with soft and smooth hands. Then in the morning I apply the other piece of the set, the day time lotion! This one is more creamy and doesn't leave my hands feeling sticky or messy and it absorbs very well and makes my hands very soft. It's very lightly scented which is nice so it's not too strong to wear perfume with. I think that this is a great set for very dry hands that need a lot of pampering!

The only manicure and pedicure set you'll ever need!

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

I absolutely love the Satin Hands Set. It gets rid of dead, dry skin better than any other product, even on feet! I've tried the pedi-egg, foot file, everything. Nothing else makes my feet and hands soft. The hand cream will actually moisturize your hands for 24 hours plus it even lasts through several hand washings. Once, I wanted to see how many washings it would last through. I got through six hand washings before I lost count.

Saved my hands

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

I am a farmer, and when the weather turns cold my hands start to get very dry and cracked. Over the years I have tried every product on the market, lotions, salves, Neosporin, bandaids but nothing truly helped. I received the Satin Hands set as a gift from a friend of my wifes and it has made a difference. The Scrub helps to smooth the callouses and roughness, I use the thick cream on the cracks on my fingers and it helps sooth and heal the cracks. I use the lotion daily to help protect my hands from the winter elements. The products have really relieved the pain caused by these sores/cracks. I also like that the lotion does not wash off every time I wash my hands, it seems to act as a protectant. I have ordered this set many times and highly recommend it to anyone, man or women who want smoother hands especially if you are exposed to harsh weather elements. It has truly been a life saver for my hands.

Overall a good product

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

I work at a hospital and often have very dry hands. They never crack or flack, etc, but they always feel dry to me. When I tried Satin Hands for the first time it was at a Mary Kay party and I instantly loved it. My hands felt super smooth and soft and I knew I had to buy it. After I used it for a month or so I was slightly less impressed. Maybe my hands have just been dryer due to the weather (often weather and changing of the seasons can make my skin dryer). But I don't notice as much of a difference as when I first used it. They first few times I felt like my hands stayed softer and smoother for a longer period of time. Now when I use it, they still do feel softer and smoother, but I feel like after an hour or so my and feel dryer again and I have to use additional lotion. I still say it's a good product. I haven't seen or used anything else that works better, and I've tried multiple products for both my hands and my feet. So, that being said, it's good to know I have something that instantly works when I'm trying to show off to my husband, or for you single gals you can show off softer hands to a date or your gal friends. But I don't think it is a miracle set like some people think. Also, there are 3 bottles in this set, all different sizes. The exfoliator I feel makes the biggest difference since it actually is helping to get rid of dead/dry skin. The lotion itself, I often feel like my hands feel sticky after I use it which can be annoying. I often use a basic lotion like Gold Bond healing lotion after I exfoliate instead of the Mary Kay one that comes in the sat. As for the 3rd bottle, I do like how this works, especially when you add a bit of water for deeper moisture (like it says in the directions), but it is the smallest bottle in the set and even though you only need a tiny bit at a time, you can go through it REALLY fast if you use it every day.

Mary Kay Satin Hands will give you the smoothest hands ever!

from Coatesville, PA

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

The Satin Hands pampering kit contains everything you need to have amazingly smooth hands. It comes in this cute little reusable bag. The kit includes Satin Hands, a fragrance free hand softener, Satin Hands Satin Smoothie Hand Scrub (I have the peach scent), and Satin Hands Hand Cream (also in peach). The Satin Hands hand cream moisturizes your hands for up to 24 hours, even if you wash your hands a few times. It is light and can be used at anytime as it absorbs well into your skin. I put it on at night so it really has time to sink in while I sleep. I don't use the hand scrub daily, but I use it after working on project that roughen my hands, like refinishing furniture or cleaning; you just massage it into your hands then rinse it and dry. All of the rough surface skin will be gone. The hand softener is a thicker, greasier product which I would also recommend using in the evening - they suggest wetting hands before using it to increase hydration. I like to use it after an evening shower so it really absorbs into your hands.

New Product better than the old one

Comments about Mary Kay Fragrance-Free Satin Hands Skin Care System:

In the past I used the satin hands set and did not like the smell or even the feel of the products. I think I used it once and either gave it away for it was finally thrown away when I realized it was taking up too much space. I recently tried the new satin hands at my friends and was surprised. I liked the smell, no longer found it to be offensive and when I did one hand (had help with this) and compared with my other hand was amazed at how smooth my hand was. I immediately put the whole treatment on both hands and was quite happy at how smooth and nice my hands felt.