Other Misc. Face Makeups:
Mary Kay
Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades

Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades

Gives you a refreshed look that belies how little sleep you got!

Okay, so I love Mary Kay.  I do. And no, I'm not a rep.  I don't mean to push anybody, but if you pay little, you get little.  I've used Mary Kay products for years, and everything I've ever used has been great.  This highlighting pen fits right in!

The Mary Kay Highlighting Pen doesn't look like much when you see it.  It's a little tube with a little bit of concealer in it, and a brush on the end. You twist the other end, and it pushes the product up into the small brush.  You dab it under your eyes, on that awful circles that say volumes about how little sleep you actually get, and *voila! *... You look more wide-awake.  Let me tell you, the minute I tried this product, I was sold.  It minimized the wrinkles I've started to get under my eyes, and it really did make me look refreshed.  I use it every day, and I have to buy it once every 2-3 months, so I lasts a while.

Didn't Work for Me

I was excited to try highlighting my cheekbones after watching numerous makeup contouring videos on YouTube. Highlighting products should add a nice shine to your skin so that it glistens and catches light as you move about - giving you a "glowy", more youthful appearance. However, I was incredibly underwhelmed by this Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen. This product did not highlight my skin as claimed - it was simply a sheer concealer. In attempt not to completely waste my money, I tried using it as an (expensive!) concealer, however it did not provide adequate coverage.

I also did not care for the overall design of the pen. The brush was useless for applying the product. It did not spread the product very evenly and I still had to use my fingers to blend it in. The twist-click method of dispensing the product seemed tempermental. I often had to click it 5 or more times to get the product to come to the brush. There also seemed to be very little product contained in the pen. I will not be buying this again.

Awesome product which I compare to my Bobbi Brown eye product.

from Woodburn, OR

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

I love this product and I have a high standard compared to my Bobbi Brown eye corrector/concealer. I have been very happy with my Mary Kay eye highlighter it's an excellent match at a better price point. I was hesitant at first but I got it and was happily surprised. I love both of these under-eye concealers!

instant face lift!

from New Castle, PA

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

I love this product because I have dark circles under my eyes that it eliminates.  It helps me look younger by reducing the appearance of the laugh lines around my mouth.  A friend of mine uses this and it takes 10 years off her face..it's amazing and easy to use.

Didn't Work for Me

from Monticello, GA

Highlighting Pen

from Las Cruces, NM

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

The highlighting pen works great to cover any blemishes or dark circles. It also works great on hiding wrinkles or making the face look younger. The only think I didn't like about it, is I felt I went through it too quickly. I feel this is because I used to have bad acne and I get self-conscious when I get one blemish, so I am probably over using it.

I like the Mary Kay Highlighting pen, with reservations

from Alexandria, OH

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

First of all, I am a big fan of Mary Kay cosmetics.  I don't sell it, but I love the way it looks, and the price is very reasonable compared to department store brands.  The Highlighting Pen is nice, but I'm not sure I would go out of my way to buy it again.  First of all, there aren't many shades to choose from - you get what you get.  I guess blending helps, but it can be too light or too dark, or too warm.  Also, the pen is messy!  It's hard to figure out just how many clicks it takes to get enough product, and what's left can dry out quickly, even with the cap.  The positives:  It really does help with the overall look of the face.  I don't really like my nose, so when I use the highlighting pen around the base, it calls less attention to it.  Also, it helps somewhat with my dark eye circles and my extra pink chin.  I would still recommend this product - especially with the satisfaction guarantee.

Better Than Smashbox

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

This is one of my favorite Mary Kay Products.  I really feel that it works great to highlight the face and I saw positive results while using it. I say it is better than Smashbox because I am using their highlighter now, and I just don't see the same results.

Gives you a refreshed look that belies how little sleep you got!

from Garden City, MI

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

Instant Face Lift in a Pen.

from Normal, IL

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

Mary Kay Cosmetics has been in business for the last 47 years.  It was founded by Mary Kay Ash, as a company for women to showcase their talents and to sell a product that she believed in.  This company is founded on the Golden Rule, to treat others as you would like to treated, as well as, God First, Family Second, and Career Third.  Mary Kay Cosmetics, is devoted to Enriching Women's Lives, through a career opportunity that is second to none, as well as, a Skin Care product that has been number one for the last 14 years or more.  The Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen has been proven to improve the look, overall appearance of facial lines on your face. I believe in this product and anyone who tries it will find out just how GREAT this product is. Contact a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant in your area for the experience of a lifetime or locate one in your area, online, too.  Then type in your zip code in the Consultant Locator to find a consultant near you.  You won't be disappointed in the products and they are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Mary Kay's highlighting pen has made my dark circles disapper.

from Holland, MI

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

I recently got this from a party I had, it was one of the items I purchased. I had tried it at the party and couldn't believe the difference. I have always used concealers for under my eyes, they have naturally dark spots. I did a comparison using one on each side and couldn't believe the difference. The highlighting pen really lightens my face and keeps the dark circles from appearing! I have even used this in the corners of my mouth and at the corners of my eyes. It brings a real glow to your face and is light feeling. I don't think I will go back. It costs more than a concealer, but last for quite awhile. I have had mine for 2 months with no sign of it getting low. This of course will depend on how much and where you use it.

I never leave home without it.

from Olympia, WA

Comments about Mary Kay Facial Highlighting Pen - All Shades:

I am a busy person who has to attend meetings and does a lot of traveling, looking professional is very important to me.  Some times those long drives and flights leave dark circles and puffy eyes.  I live on my soothing eye mask and my Highlighter Pen.  Bonus is that both are within the limits for carrying onto the plane.

In addition to the dark circles I have another use.  I have PCOS which causes bad acne all over my face.  I am afraid that because it is a hormone issue acne meds don't work.  I use the pen to cover up those blemishes.  Not a lot just a dab and I am good to go.

I have been using this Mary Kay item since it first came out and like others I was skeptical but really you just have to try it.  I am never afraid to try something new with Mary Kay because they have 100% satisfaction guarantee.  I wish I could say I have never had to use it but sure there are those items that just don't work.  I have always gotten my money back no problems.

I use my Mary Kay Highlighting Pen every day and sometimes more than once (once in the morning and late at night before I go out) and I have never had one last me less then 3 months.  It doesn't take much and you will know when you use too much.

So there is no reason to give this wonderful Highlighting Pen a try.  You'll never want to give it back and you will never want to be without again.