3.6

Martha Stewart Collection Over-The-Sink Cutting Board with Colander

3.6

Pros

Cons

Clever design but is it worth the space?

When I saw the Martha Stewart Over The Sink Cutting Board with Colander it struck me as a meal prep tool that would fit nicely into my kitchen and method of cooking. I like shortcuts, so combining a cutting board with a removable silicone colander seemed to make some sense. Good for rinsing and cutting or without the colander cutting and discarding trimmings directly into the garbage disposal.

After a few weeks of use I find myself conflicted with regard to a rating. If your sink is the right size and shape this can be a very useful addition to your cooking tools. My suggestion? Measure carefully.

The polyurethane board and silicone colander are both rated as dishwasher safe. Unfortunately, my Bosch dishwasher only accommodates items of 21" or less. Unless I place the cutting board into the washer diagonally, significantly cutting down the number of place settings of dishes that can be simultaneously cleaned, I'm left to hand wash the cutting board.

I've only owned this cutting board/colander for a short while, but being familiar with the materials used, I suspect this kitchen tool will have a long life.

Conceptually, this is a design that makes sense. But, this is a very large (22.5" x 12.25") that offers a relatively small cutting surface of only 12" x 11". While I like the idea of the silicone colander being easy to remove, the hole that is left is situated nowhere near my garbage disposal.

The fact that the board is a bit too large for a top-of-the-line 14 place setting Bosch dishwasher suggests that some designer was asleep at the switch

The Idea is Great but It's Not Really Functional

The whole idea of a combination cutting board and colander that can be stretched over the sink to increase counter space seems ideal but the execution just isn't there.

First, the...Read complete review

First, the cutting board is much too small for most everything. There is no way you can fit a full sized carrot or an entire stalk of celery on it, let alone a leek, and forget potatoes entirely!

The colander portion is also much too small. If you do manage to find something to cut that will fit on the cutting board then you'll fill up the tiny colander in about a minute and a half.

I do like the idea of the collapsible colander so the board can be stored with other flat items, but this collapsible feature also makes it difficult to wash.

The idea is great, but there are just too many trade-offs in functionality to make it truly useful in a kitchen where you cook often. If, however, you only cook occasionally or just need to chop some fresh herbs, then this may be for you.

The Idea is Great but It's Not Really Functional

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Martha Stewart Collection Over-The-Sink Cutting Board with Colander:

would not recommend the combination

The Martha Stewart Collection Over-The-Sink Cutting Board with Colander is a great idea in theory; however, the cutting board and colander combination does not fit completely over my sink. This makes it awkward to use. Also, the cutting area, is not as large as i would desire. too often, I am stuck wanting slightly more and putting my items in bowls in between using the colander.

Overall, I am not pleased with the design of the product. I find it hard to use with my sink configuration. My sink does not allow for the cutting board/colander to sit flat; I have to tilt it to use both. Also, I find that the space allotted for the cutting board is slightly less than I would desire. I would recommend purchasing these products separately; i find i more of a hassle to have the combination than anything else. Again it sounds great in theory, but it has not worked out well for me.

Great product design

from Stanton, CA

I really love the concept of Martha Stewart's Over the Sink Cutting Board and Colander. It combines two needed products into one and I love that. It makes it easy to cut up berries for my son and then rinse. I also love that the colander is collapsible for easy storage. This color of blue is also great and I love the way it looks with the rest of my kitchen tools. I am so happy that I added this cutting board/colander combination into my kitchen collection. It just takes out one less item to wash and dry, and it definitely serves a good purpose.

It isn't too hard to clean, but I think a colander is never the easiest thing to wash completely. I like that it takes one less thing to wash out of the mix.

It seems pretty sturdy and I think I will be using it for a long time to come.

I have nothing to complain about in terms of design; in fact, I think that it is great. Love the collapsible colander and the color of blue used on it.

Over the sink cutting board and collander.

from Madison, TN

The Over-the-Sink Cutting Board with Colander by Martha Stewart is a novel kitchen trinket. This works best with small items to cut such as berries or hard boiled eggs. Using it with tough vegetables such as carrots or potatoes is a struggle to keep it stable. I found it easy to use the traditional cutting board and large colander for most fruits and veggies.

It is time consuming to clean. Prefer much easier to wash and rinse while cooking so I can reuse items.

Great For Food Prep

from Las Vegas, NV

I really love this product because it saves me time in the kitchen and is great for food prep. The only thing I didn't like about it was the way it fit my sink because it tended to slide a little when I was using either portion. I love that it combines the cutting board and colander in one and they are two things I use everyday. The cutting board is great for cutting veggies, grating foods and cutting. The colander is perfect for rinsing fruits and straining pasta. This is a great way to prep all your ingredients for your dishes and have everything on hand.

Really easy to clean and doesn't require much scrubbing. The colander is removable so it is easy to wash and the cutting board is lightweight for easy rinsing.

Seems very strong and stable and doesn't break with tough cutting and chopping.

I love that it includes both a colander and cutting board and is great for food prep. It tends to slip on some sinks, so it fits depending on the size of your sink.

Clever design but is it worth the space?

from Boca Raton, FL

very convient

from Owensboro, KY

it is really convient especially if you have a small kitchen.and no counters, it helps when you have a small area to prepare food.i love my strainer.

very easy to keep it clean and easy to store anyplace it is a great item

very strong.and sturdy.

great and convient

Love the idea, not the product.

from Murray, KY

Because the center of the sink is lower than the edges you are forced to have the colander portion at either the front or back. This is uncomfortable for me as I work faster left to right or right to left.

Amazing, easy to use product that looks great in your kitchen

from El Paso, TX

I actually love this product, I use it pretty much every day to cook with. I think it is better than others because I can cut and strain on the same board over the sink without making a mess on my counters. Plus it's an easy clean up with all the trash in one bin to just carry over to the trash can and who can beat the quality of Martha Stewart right?!

Easy to use and store

from Chicago, IL

This item is not good in all sinks, but it does work well. I have used it to clean vegetables and strawberries as well as drain small amounts of pasta.

This would be better if the colander part was centered.