Other Snacks & Cookies:
Candy, Chocolates, Cookies
Mars

Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar

The original is still the best cookie bar there is...

***Bottom-Line***: My snack of choice, despite the drawbacks.

***Bottom-Line***: My snack of choice, despite the drawbacks.

I love chocolate; there I admitted it.  But I have not bought into the latest dark chocolate craze; frankly I do not like the confection, it is too bitter for my palette.  No, I prefer milk chocolate and years ago discovered the simple delectable taste of **Twix Original Cookie Bar**.

Made by the M&M Mars Company, **Twix Cookie Bars** are actually made up of three made three basic ingredients: a delicious butter cookie covered in caramel, which in turn is covered in milk chocolate.  The resulting bars (two per package) are long and narrow in shape and are of course crunchy when bitten into.

**Nutritional Information **

*Servicing information:* One serving (2 bars) of **Twix Original Cookie Bar** contains 280 Calories,  14 grams of fat (including 11 grams of saturated fat), 5mg of Cholesterol, 112mg of Sodium, 15 grams of carbohydrates, 1 grams of dietary fiber, 27 grams of sugar, and 3 grams of protein.

**My Viewpoint **

No matter what the size, I always have some **Twix Original Cookie Bars **on hand to indulge in because for me they are the best candy bar on the market, bar none.  The only confection I like better are M&M's and freshly made treats from a candy store.

These are just okay unless you like cookies & chocolate.

MarsTwix Original Cookie Bar. These are just okay but that's because I don't like a cookie and chocolate mix for a treat. If you like chocolate and cookies you'll love these. I think the price could be a little lower too.  The price is a bit high.  I do like the cruchy effect that they have when you chew on them.  I also like the way they taste if you drink them with tea or with milk.  That's always a nice treat.  I also think the candy bar is a little too small and the packaging on them isn't that engaging.  I like the quality of the chocolate because it is rich and creamy, in a good way of course.  They are a little too fancy for my taste.  They make me think that someone rich would like these because their aren't that many candies that taste like these.  Which makes this product quite unique.  If you like original tasting candy bars, I think you would like this candy bar.  So give it a try, you just might like or love it.

I really like Twix Original Cookie Bar

from Rosamond,CA

About Me Health Conscious, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Addictive
  • Balanced Sweetness
  • Delicious
  • Light
  • Rich
  • Smooth

Cons

• Dessert
    • Snacking

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

I use this product when I want something different than a normal chocolate cookie and also when I don't know quite what to have for a small sweet snack, they are delicious, fun, creamy with just a little crunch, they are perfect when you just want a little crunch with chocolate and caramel, which is so smooth which has a some creaminess, the bars are just rich enough to satisfy and it gives that indulgence you are craving.

Caramel +Chocolate + Cookie = Twix

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

Even though I am a diabetic I still have intense cravings for chocolate and candy bars; Peanut Butter Twix are my favorite treat but they are incredibly hard to find in this are. When there's a sale on candy bars I stock up on them for the house and shop because I know that everyone has a sweet tooth.

A Twix candy bar is a cookie with a caramel layer on top of it sealed in chocolate. In the summer they can be messy to eat because of the chocolate but if you store them in a cool area or put them in the refrigerator they are fine. I like to freeze them because they have a unique taste when the chocolate and caramel are frozen.

They are sold in a couple different formats; the single serve package contains two pieces, the King Size bars have four and then there are the smaller mini sized individually wrapped pieces. The full size bars have a little more chocolate to them because of their overall size.

If you want to try something different for dessert, chop up a couple of bars and use them as a topping on ice cream. You can also add them to a milk shake to make a Blizzard styled thick milkshake at home.

You do have to check the "best by" date on the packages; I got a couple of bars that were about three months past their expiration date and the chocolate had a slightly stale taste to it.

from Georgia

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

I absolutely love Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bars. These cookie bars taste so delicious. I love the chocolate on the outside and the crunchy, sweet cookie on the inside. I love that Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bars are small because they are easy to consume. I eat these every week and they make a really great snack. These cookie bars definitely satisfy my chocolate cravings. I put Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bars in snack bags at gatherings and my guests love them. I love the caramel in the center of these cookie bars also. It is my favorite part of Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bars. I love the taste, smell and crunch of these cookie bars. Yummy!

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

Twix has to be one of my favorite chocolate candy/cookie bars in the whole world. To me, they are a small piece of heaven. In truth however, I do struggle to have just a 'small' piece. Twix is so moreish. The manufacturer has done a good job introducing a variety of sizes all individually wrapped because if I am given a king size Twix, I will eat a king size Twix. If I have a bag of fun size, there is a small chance I may eat less than a size fit for a king! The biscuit center is crunchy and understated, however when paired with the sweet, gooey caramel becomes a combination which is out of this world. This is then dipped in milk chocolate for an undeniable touch of luxury, as such, Twix becomes the Prince of Mars! Twix was one of the best when I was a child, and it is one of the best 40 years later. I think the saying "Don't fix what ain't broken" is so clearly true for this product. Well done Mars!

Double the cookie crunch

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

I am a sucker for chocolate and caramel, but Mars-Twix candy bars are like a dream come true. They have the soft caramel wrapped in chocolate with a light cookie crunch. It's a super awesome crave stopper when you need something sweet. The best part is that they come in packs of two so if I don't want to eat them both I can save one for later.

Chocolate lover's dream.

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

The Twix cookie bars are very decadent and delicious. Each pack comes with two cookie bars topped with caramel and covered in rich milk chocolate. Twix are always delicious as long as they are fresh. Although they do have a high calorie intake, they are a great snack if you want to indulge in a guilty pleasure.

Caramel, chocolate, and a cookie, what more to ask for!

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

Caramel, chocolate, and a cookie... what more to ask for! I love Twix! The best part about Twix is the texture. You bite into it and have the softness of the chocolate, the melt in your mouth caramel, and then the crunch of the shortbread cookie. It is the best combination ever! The only problem is that there's only 2 per package!

Great candy bar

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

This is a very solid, delicious candy bar. The chocolate is sweet and soft. The caramel is a great addition to the product. The cookie bar gives a unique flavor to the candy bar. The twin pack design of packaging is just the right size serving of this product. Some people enjoy these refrigerated.

Not The Same

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

As a kid I loved twix chocolate and peanut butter cookie bar. Any treat that has chocolate and peanut butter as the two main ingredients will instantly become a go to sweet fix for me.

The twix chocolate and peanut butter cookie bar today is not the same as when it was first introduced. The cookie has changed from vanilla to chocolate. For me this ruins the wonderful taste that I remember twix having when I were younger.

I have purchased the new twix cookie bar several times thinking they woukd grow on me but that has yet to happen. I truly miss the original twix chocolate and peanut butter cookie bar. For some reason I do not like the chocolate cookie bar that is being use now. The chocolate cookie bar just doesn't taste good at all, it total changes its taste.

I am hoping the original twix chocolate and peanut butter cookie bar make a comeback with the vanilla cookie in place of the chocolate cookie bar.

cookie candy!

Comments about Mars - Twix Original Cookie Bar:

Is it a cookie or a candy bar? It's both! It's chocolaty, BOTH chewy AND crunchy, and down right delicious. This is another childhood classic. It reminds me of Halloween. My favorite part of a Twix bar is the chewy layer of caramel that sits on top of the crunchy cookie. Just writing this review is making me want one! Lol