3.5
Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye

Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye

3.5

• Ease of Application:

Don't panic! You'll look manic! Wild colors for wild people.

**Quick View:** **Manic Panic** is not for shy people. This hair color makes you stand out. In shades like blue, purple, orange, and flame red, you will get noticed. I used Infa Red which, if my hair were bleached down, would have produced a flame red shade. I didn't bleach my hair so I got a bright, not so shocking red that lasted quite a while.

**Full View:** **Manic Panic Amplified Hair Dye** is for those who want to make a statement. Infa Red is actually one of the least "noisy" colors in the line up of blues, purples, reds, greens. and oranges. This is a semi permanent color that lasts a long time. I wanted a change and I got it. But I didn't get a very crazy shade because I refused to bleach my hair down to white then apply. I dyed over my natural drown hair and got a red shade that wasn't TOO crazy but crazy enough for an old lady like me! I have pics somewhere and will add one when I find one of me in my Manic Panic Infa Red hair.

**My Use**

**Manic Panic Amplified Hair Dye** is a cream dye that applies easily. Because this is semi permanent, you don't have to mess with bleach to use it. I left it on for 45 minutes, scared to death of what I would see when I rinsed it out, and then was happy with the results. Like I said, had I bleached my hair down, the color would have been much more intense. But I didn't want all that damage just to indulge a red hair phase. I could have used traditional red dye but I always turn orange and it fades very quickly. Although this is semi permanent, I got two months of red before it started to fade away. By then, I was ready to return to my brunette state. The scent is not bad and it doesn't seem to damage hair. My hair looked healthy and shiny after using the product. I wouldn't use this stuff all the time but, if you want to really stand out, check out all the shades. Some are insane! I can't imagine walking around with shocking blue hair but people do. **Manic Panic** is a favorite hair dye of the wrestlers I worked with - make and female. They like the intense colors and vivid shades.

**My Viewpoint**

If you are looking for an extreme color change, this is the hair dye for you. If you are really serious about going wild, you have to bleach your hair down to white before dying. I just couldn't do that. I was too worried about damage. Even without bleaching, I got a vivid shade of red that lasted quite a while. Use this only if you want an offbeat, shocking shade. It's quite gentle and didn't harm my hair but I don't think I will be using **Manic Panic** anytime soon again. It was a fun phase. ***I give this 4 stars.*** It's good and very, very different!

A vibrant red that lasts the fades fast

Manic panic has a variety of colors and you have to have your hair prelightened if you want it to show. The lighter you lighten the more vibrant the color but then it washes out fast. I used this red on my blonde and the red was such a bright red but then it washed out super fast. Your supposed to use cool water not hot so when you wash your hair. It stains almost anything so becareful where you put this stuff at. If your hair is a light brown the darker this red will be it just depends on how light your hair is. If you try to apply this color to regular dark brown hair it won't show. You must prelighten your hair first. I wasn't really pleased with this manic panic amplified infra red it faded way too fast and it was expensive. I don't think it was worth it at all. It usually sells for about 12 bucks for a jar. Your must put a cap over when you apply the color and you have to put heat to it so that it stains more. This red doesn't last a long time at all so I wouldn't recommend this red there's better reds out there.

Awesome temporary dye

from Thunder Bay

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Vegan

Cons

• Messy
  • Staining

• New Look

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye:

A great semi permanent hair colour for ever hair type and colour (though it shows up much better on lighter/bleached hair). The colour pay off was very vivid and bright and lasted for over 8 washes. Application is very easy although can be messy without the help of some one else. The only down side is the staining aspect, pillows, clothing etc of mine still got stained for about 2 weeks after i dyed it. I would still recommend the product, just don't wear anything of high value or light coloured straight after dying.

• Commitment To Color:
  • Semi-Permanent

i would buy this product all the time

from morocco

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Long-Lasting
  • Natural Look

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
  • Time Consuming

• Graying Hair

very cute

• Commitment To Color:
  • Demi-Permanent

Love this dye

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye:

This is a hair color that I frequently use because I really love it. Manic Panic's Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye is truly amazing. It makes my hair an amazing shade of red. I usually put this on top of hair that was salon treated to give my hair some extra power. And it really helps the red stay for longer. You get a brilliant shade of vibrant red.

SUPER EFFECTIVE! I left this stuff sit on my hair for little over an hour mixed in with some leave-in-conditioner, and it makes my hair feel amazing after words. I will mix two parts of the dye, to one part conditioner, mix it all up i an a mixing bowl (You can buy them at Sally's if you want to get fancy or just use a Tupperware container and remember what it is for) and then slather it up in my hair. I then wrap my hair with plastic, and then a towel around that layer and let it sit. I was my hair out with cold water after the hour is up and it always brings out the most perfect red. Sometimes I mix the red with a dash of their purple dye just to give the red a blue undertone.

A vibrant red that lasts the fades fast

• Ease of Application:

I love manic panic already, but this is the only red that lasts!

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye:

I love this dye so much! I have used many different reds, including permanent and non permanent, and none of them stay vibrant and red for so long. I also like that it's more of a gel, It makes it easy to get in my hair without dripping, and if you do drip, just scoop it up and clean it with windex. My hair is pretty dry from constant dying, stripping, bleaching and styling and most dyes make my hair feel dry and rough afterwords, or the conditioners they come with make it oily and dirty looking. Manic panic just makes it soft and shiny. The only problem I have with it, is it says to leave in 10-15 minutes. I ALWAYS leave it for 30-35. At 15 minutes you don't get all the vibrancy or the long lasting. It lasts in my hair usually for more than a month before needing to be re colored. The best part, to me anyway, is that you can very easily mix the colors. You can even mix with other brands and get a good look. When you mix them, the color in front of you, is what is going to be on your hair.

It goes on, stays on while you color, and stays in my hair for months before I have to re color. Some colors, like purple green and blue need to be touched up in about a month, maybe less, but the reds and darker purples stay in well.

Ease of Application
It's very much like a gel and is easy to put in with your fingers, a comb, or one of those brushes for hair dye. It stays in good while you're waiting to rinse and doesn't drip.

• Ease of Application:

Great Dye for a semipermanent look

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye:

I was very impressed with this coloring. I thought it wouldnt come out as good as I would have liked because I refused to bleach my hair prior to coloring it but it worked great. I got a very vibrant color without damaging my hair. One thing I will say is if you dont bleach your hair first you will need to leave it in for more than the recommended 30 minutes. I let mine sit for 2 hrs. Also wear clothes and use a towel that you dont mind staining because it will not come out.

Used To Be MUST Have Now I Avoid It Like The Plague

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye:

I have used hair dye for a long time. I have done all types of hair from common hair color shades to crazy and artistic hair design using brightly colored dyes. I have used the very first crazy dyes from Punky Colors to Manic Panic.

I had come to depend on the brilliant LONG lasting colors from Punky Colors and Manic Panic, but then all of a sudden, I found myself with hours of work wasted because of the changed formula from Manic Panic.

The first edition of the Manic Panic hair dyes lasted several months if applied to bleached hair first and left on over an hour with applied gentle heat. It depended on the color used, of course, as some of them did not take that well. Vampire Red was one of them that lasted beautifully.

After a few years, however ,the formula changed and the dyes are useless. I have done several artistic hair designs only to have the Manic Panic colors not take to the hair AT ALL. This included bleached hair. I left the dye on all day long and it still did not take to the hair AT ALL.

Ease of Application
I have to say that the application method is easy and very good, IF it worked. It used to. The current colors out, however, do not stay in the hair, IF they show up at all when you are done. You simply open the container, put on gloves, smear the dye into the hair (bleached is preferred for good color visibility), and then wait for it to take. I found using plastic and wrapping it and then applying gentle heat as well as keeping it on for hours helped it to stay put longer- UNTIL the newer formula came out a few years ago and now it does not matter what I do, it will not take to the hair. I have tried five different colors.

These are rockin!

from Gray Court, SC

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye:

My oldest son is always changing his hair and this is his new discovery. There are lots of awesome colors to choose from. They are easy to use but if you have dark hair it will need to be lightened first. I have also tried these on my hair as well as my daughter. We all love Manic Panic products. We are always excited about what color we will buy next.

Manic Panic Infra Red certain causes a mess!

from Holly, MI

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye:

Using this on virgin hair won't be a problem if you check out the website and read the tips and tricks section. Usually, it's best to leave this on as long as possible (I used a shower cap to keep this off my neck, clothes and everything else).

Note, this stuff will stain everything. I mean every single thing it will encounter... Even after rinsing with cool water until it runs clear and setting it with white vinegar- it will still run and stain. My mother in law's bathtub will never be the same.

While it gave the streaks I wanted among the midnight blue I used on the rest of my hair, it is one of the colors that washes out the fastest. Despite using color treated hair shampoo/conditioner, cool water, and skipping washes as often as possible it stil faded quick- a three weeks or so.

If you don't know to use gloves I really think that you should pass on coloring your own hair since it's HAIR DYE and will DYE things. Unfortunately that means even getting it on black clothes, you're done for. My jeans are still messed up 4 or 5 months later.

All in all I was very disappointed in the product. The non damaging aspects and the color were great but I wish it would set better in virgin hair, last longer, and not fade to unfavorable undertones (blue turns green as an example).

A must for any punker!

from Poulsbo, WA

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Infra Red Hair Dye:

Manic panic rocks! perfect for the punker in you! vibrant colours, beautiful shine! if you wanna scare your mom, pick up this product! I reccoment the red, its beautiful, shiny, and shocking! gorgeous. A+! However if you have black or dark hair, i reccomend bleaching or the coulor wont turn out just the way you want.