3.2
Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye

Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye

3.2

• Ease of Application:

Really feminine and girly color.

Manic Panic's Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye made my hair one of the cutest shades of pink I have ever had it. The name is pretty accurate to what color you can expect, but do not expect those results unless you have bleached out white hair. If your hair is not strikingly white you will not get that kind of pink.

I did a lot of research on this product before I bought it cause I was desperately seeking a light baby pink. I found out about Manic Panic, and saw a ton of before and after pictures, and the ones that showed the hair color I really wanted left the dye on for an hour or more. I decided to leave this dye on for an hour. (I should mention that I bleached my hair all the way out until it was as white as it could be, and then waited two weeks before I dyed my hair. If you are planning on going that route, I urge you to wait because if you do not you can risk really hurting your hair.) I had to use two tubs of this dye to completely cover my hair, I wrapped my hair in plastic wrap, and then a towel around that waited for an hour. I rinsed the dye out with cold water and it was the most PERFECT shade of baby pink I have ever seen. This stuff does wash out and fade after a while but it does not do it as dramatically as brighter/darker hair.

Manic Panic's Cotton Candy Pink is more like Not There Pink.

***Quick View: ***I have used Manic Panic products in the past and I know that on unbleached hair, the colors are subtle. However, this particular shade is *extremely *subtle on dark hair. I could barely see it. Still, it may be much better on bleached hair.

***My Take on Manic Panic Amplified Semi-Permanent Hair Dye - Cotton Candy Pink***

Every once in a while, I like to play with my hair color. I don't dye my whole head of hair, rather I highlight it. However, I don't like to damage it by bleaching my hair down to white and coloring so I use semi-permanent, safe hair dyes that just deposit color. They're usually really subtle but that's fine with me. I just want a little change.

Manic Panic is always fun - and messy - to use. I picked Cotton Candy Pink because I had used the purple shade and wanted something lighter. I have naturally dark brown hair so, without bleaching my hair down, I knew I would get subtle results.

This dye comes in a four ounce glass jar as is a cream. A drippy cream. I got it all over the place even though I took every precaution to protect my surroundings. There is no mixing involved. The cream should be applied directly to damp hair and fully saturated. Those who bleach their hair first will want to be very careful to completely saturate every strand. For me, I just combed the dye through and picked pieces that I wanted highlighted. I have highlighted hair done by bleaching and it tends to turn a weird orange shade every few weeks so I cover over those pieces with semi-permanent dyes. They don't damage my hair and take away the rusty shade.

Anyway, After applying this dye, I waited a couple of hours. You can leave this dye on for a long time as it doens't damage the hair. In my case, with such dark hair, I knew I needed to let it saturate and do its thing. I rinsed, made another mess, and blow dried.

I saw a TINY bit of pink glints. The strands I saturated were very slightly pink. In the sun, I could see the pink glints better but indoors, not so much. As I said, when you go from dark to light with this product, you won't see a big change, However, I have seen a much bigger change with other shades.

I have read that the Cotton Candy Pink is even too subtle for those who bleached their hair down to white. They do have hot pink and other pink shades that are more obvious.

The color fades after a few weeks and doesn't do any damage at all to my hair. I will still use Manic Panic for fun but will choose colors that aren't as subtle. I will NOT bleach my hair down again. It is so very damaging. I will stick with semi-permanent ways to add a little fun to my hair and even colored gels and mousses. At least with ** Manic Panic Amplified Semi-Permanent Hair Dye - Cotton Candy Pink**, I know I am not hurting my hair at all.

***My Viewpoint***

I like Manic Panic products but the Cotton Candy Pink shade didn't do much of anything on my hair. It's very subtle. If I bleached my hair down, it would be a soft pink color but I will leave that to others. I am not that adventurous. ***I give Manic Panic Amplified Semi-Permanent Hair Dye - Cotton Candy Pink 3 stars.*** It's good for bleached hair that wants a Hello Kitty color. For more shocking pink, try Hot Pink.

You need to bleach down to white or use on very light hair to see the color. I couldn't see pink in my dark hair even though I left the product on for a long time.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply but can be a bit drippy so take precautions against staining,

Advice

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last
  • hard to maintain

• New Look
  • Touch Ups

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

Manic Panic is a widely known color. You have probably seen it sold in Hot Topic and places like that. It comes in an array of colors and is very bright and vibrant! It also comes in cream form which makes it alot easier to use and makes it so a little goes a long way. BUT please make sure you are aware that this is a SEMI PERMANENT color!! Semi permanent color will fade and be gone in six weeks or less. This makes it quite hard to maintain. In order to keep your color lasting as long as possible, please follow these three easy steps:

1) Only wash your hair every other day. Not only does washing your hair everyday strip it of much needed natural oils, but it also strips it of color.
2) Use color safe shampoo.
3) lastly, wash your hair with the coldest water you can stand. Cold water keeps the color from leaking and bleeding and will cause the color to last its longest!

• Commitment To Color:
  • Semi-Permanent

Works great!

from St Petersburg FL

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color

• New Look

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

I like using Manic panic to achieve my desired color. Its a fun way of switching up my color and having a nice bright vibrant color. You do need to have lighter or bleached hair. The color doesn't show up as bright or noticeable on darker hair. I like to add a bit in my conditioner so when I wash my hair I am also adding in a little more color, this helps me keep the color a bit longer.

• Commitment To Color:
    • Semi-Permanent

Worked Just Fine On My Brunette Hair

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

I used this a few years ago and had a great experience. I wish I still had the picture to show, but it came out quite great. I actually have dark hair and it came out great, even without bleaching. It was extremely effective and easy to use. Something I really liked about it was that it didn't leave my hair feeling damaged after I applied the hair dye. I did not have to apply it twice or anything to get a result. I love the Manic Panic brand and this one really did work on my dark brown hair. It lasted a good while, probably about two weeks, which is all I really wanted out of it. I will also say that I didn't find this hair dye to have a bad smell that a lot of hair dyes do. In fact, if anything, this Manic Panic Cotton Candy hair dye had a bit of a good smell to it. I also find that it is a decent price for what you get. I don't think you are overpaying for it, nor do I feel that you are underpaying for the hair dye.

• Ease of Application:

Really feminine and girly color.

from Modesto, CA

I was very dissapointed!

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

This product didn't like it said it would. It took forever for the color to actually get in my hair and when it did, you could barely see it. My friends didn't even know that I had dyed my hair. I feel that this was a waste of my time and money. The color didn't last long at all. One hair wash and the little color that was in came out instantly. This is very disappointing for me because I have been a long time fan of Manic Panic. It was one of my favorite hair product brands. Now I am rethinking that. Their products are usually amazing but, this one let me down. I will never use it again.

The product did add a pink color to my hair but, it was very faint. I could barely see it myself and no one I knew noticed it.

Ease of Application
    The product was pretty easy to apply.I just put my gloves on and put some of the product on my hair. Then I just ran my fingers through my hair continuously. I made sure that all of my hair was coated and just sat and waited.

Pretty in Pink

from TN

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

I love this Manic Panic cotton candy pink hair dye, this usually lasts about three washes and turns my hair a nice light pink color. I have dark brown hair so if I can manage to see a little color than this stuff has to be pretty good. I know most other colored dyes I have tried in the past barely left a trace of color on my hair but Manic Panic delivers every time.

This product gives me an awesome pale pink and it dries pretty fast, so I don't have to worry about staining my clothes.

Ease of Application
    This dye is very easy to apply I just use a brush applicator and apply this color to my ends, I get a blended, even finish every time.

• Ease of Application:

Add this to the line of Manic Panic disappointment.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

When I bought this dye, I thought it would come now nice and bright on my blonde streaks, but it more came out like a pale Pepto Bismol pink. It was simply the most awful color I have ever chosen for my hair. I should have known it would be terrible, but I bought it for my hair because I was not dying it all over, nor was I wanting anything truly permanent. Of course, this is definitely NOT permanent; it washed out after a week. It was a very poor purchase. If you do not have almost white hair, this dye will not turn out right. I would not recommend it even if you do have almost white hair. I just do not think that this is a product that is worth using at all. Also, it is messy. It is VERY messy to dye your hair with this product. Make sure you have the floor covered. I actually purchased a bottle to use specifically for dying since this dye just comes in a plastic pot. It makes the process much easier.

• Ease of Application:

Very subtle...not noticeable pink color

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

I was at the store looking for a temporary pink hair dye for a costume I was working on and I saw this product. After applying I could barely see the pink color. My hair is a dirty blonde kind of color and other coloring products are very noticeable when applied to my hair without bleaching. After showering, the color was even less noticeable and could barely be seen. It might be good if you want a really subtle pink but not for a brighter crazier color. It is not an "amplified pink" at all.

I was expecting a very bright pink and instead got a sort of faded pinkish color. It may work better if you have bleached or platinum hair but otherwise, it will barely be noticeable.

Ease of Application
    I use a lot of these products so the application process was pretty easy for me. It was difficult for me at first but it becomes easier with practice. Be careful with the dripping as it will get all over your neck and clothes.

• Ease of Application:

Only Good For Bleached Hair.

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

I really do not like this hair dye. Even on bleached hair, you need to have already almost-white hair for this color to truly come out the way it is meant to. I had my hair bleached to a bright, light golden blonde. I put this hair dye over it, hoping that it would come out pastel pink, but it came out peach with pink streaks in it. Do not get me wrong, it definitely did look cool, but it was not result I was looking for. I am aware that on their website for this hair color, they directly say that you must have pre-lightened hair for this color to work properly, but even then, it doesn't work all that well.

• Ease of Application:

I honestly really like this product..

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Cotton Candy Pink Hair Dye:

I was working on my friend's hair and she said that she wanted this color in it. I first bleached her hair to the lightest shade that it could be bleached to without breaking off, washed and dried her hair, then put the dye in. I did not wrap it nor put heat on it. It came out perfectly and it did not wash out as fast as other people have experienced. With the dye left over she was able to maintain the color for about 2 months after the first application.

For a semi-permanent hair dye, this hair dye is pretty good. I'd recommend this hair dye for people who don't mind touching up their hair a LOT. The conditioning while dying is actually very nice. It doesn't dry out your hair nearly as much as any permanent hair dye will do.

Ease of Application
    Applying the dye is extremely easy. The dye is not runny and it spreads nicely. The consistency of the dye is very nice and the color of the dye is usually the end color result.