3.8

Mane 'n Tail Conditioner

3.8

Pros

Cons

Really dry hair then you need Mane 'n Tail.

My wife loves Mane 'N Tail Conditioner for her hair. Her hair is long, thick, and always dry.  I almost never use conditioner because shampoo is good enough for me. My wife says this stuff is great for really dry hair though and buys it all the time. I have bought it for her too. I buy it for her because I love her. I have used it a couple times and it does work good but my hair is really thin and there is not much left of it so I just do not think it is worth it to me to use a conditioner at all. If I do I rather get a shampoo & conditioner in one type of thing. Apparently they also make this brand for animals like horses. I guess that is where the mane 'n tail name came from but you can use this stuff on your dry hair you dont need to be a horse or nothing like that to use it. Slightly expensive but it is worth it if you need some relief from really dry hair. I am not sure what is wrong with dry hair but that must be one of those thing I just dont get. Probably has something to do with hairstyles which I have never had a named hairstyle. Short & straight is how my hair has been forever.

Mane N Tail Conditioner is not a good one.

I bought some mane N tail conditioner to try it and see if i would like it. I should have left it on the shelf and asked for my money back. I have never see a product like this that is really not worth the money spent on it. I did not like this conditioner at all. I don't have any good things to say about this product at all. When i used the product it left my hair so brittle and dried out. I could not comb my hair because it was so tangled up. I spent to much time trying to untangle my hair and get it back right. When you look at the name of the product it makes you think of the horses and how shinny and pretty their tail hair is. Well it didn't work that way with my hair. My hair ended up being total opposite. Every time i think about that conditioner i have nightmares. I would not recommend this to any one. This is just not a good product. you know usually when you purchase one you purchase the other to go with it and that still was not a good outcome for my hair.

Average conditioner.

from Kansas

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

Ah, another product I had forgotten about until I just saw it on here. I tried Mane n Tail for a brief period when I was in High School. I kept seeing things online saying how great it was for dry and damaged hair [I torture my hair with dye and hot tools, haha] so I wanted to give it a try. When I first started seeing reviews about it I actually thought it was for HORSES. Obviously, I figured out it was indeed for humans and not animals; although, I still find the fact that they have pictures of horses on the bottle to be weird and offputing. The conditioner is cheap and you get a huge bottle which was actually annoying to try to hold. I purchased the shampoo at the same time so I used to two together. It never really made any difference with my hair. It's just your average conditioner. I wish it would have done something more for me because a lot of people seemed to like it, but no such luck. Overall, I say you might as well try it. It's cheap. It works for some people apparently.

Old fashioned performance

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

Unlike the other posters, I used this product as it was originally intended; on horses. I tried this conditioner because I liked the shampoo so well, but was disappointed.

The number one priority for me when caring for my horses' manes and tails is being able to comb them without causing any breakage or hair loss. This conditioner does not allow that. While it may moisturize better than using no conditioner at all, it does not make the hair slick like many other conditioners do, which helps to remove tangles without stressing the hair. Another big concern for me is finding a product which will not leave any sticky residue on the hair, which causes dirt to stick to the hair. Again, this conditioner fails in it's performance. Even after a very thorough rinse, you can feel the film left by this conditioner. A layer of dust stuck to a white tail is not an attractive look at all. The bottle is also large and awkward to use.

The conditioner does have a somewhat pleasant scent.

Marvelou Mane

from Edina, MN

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

Mane 'n Tail Conditioner to me is like a classic. I remember my mom always used this shampoo and conditioner on her waist long hair. It is really great. After trying it I was even more convinced. It is soft on your hair so you can use it every day. It works best when you use it in combination with the shampoo. You get a great amount for a great price and it lasts a long time. I have long hair an it is oily and it has worked great for me. It helps keep my hair clean, shiny and soft and helps to eliminate oil from the roots without drying out the ends. It think this is a great conditioner for long, short, curly, straight or wavy hair. I have natural hair so I am not sure how it would work for those who dye theirs. The scent is soft and not overpowering so it pretty much goes away as soon as your hair is dry. I like this conditioner and will continue to purchase it in the future, you can't go wrong with Mane 'n Tail!

Nothing special about this

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

I used to use this conditioner in high school when everyone thought it was the miracle product to make your hair grow. I don't believe this conditioner helps with hair growth at all. It is an okay conditioner, it helps if you have dry hair to add moisture, but that is about it. It is a thicker style conditioner and personally was too thick for my hair. It made my hair look greasy and wet looking. I was not very impressed with the quality of this product and I didn't even use the whole bottle before throwing it away.
I think this product is overpriced as well. It does come in a larger than normal bottle, but is still expensive.

This product did not help with hair growth or to help my hair look fuller and thicker. It was a basic conditioner in my opinion that weighed down my hair. It doesn't add volume at all.

The scent isn't bad, it has a more floral type fragrant, but it isn't too strong. This scent is not one of my favorites, it is just okay.

Very effective!

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

Mane n' Tail, as the name and cover image suggests was developed as a conditioner for horses. I feel like this product has become much more mainstream in recent years, but I have been using this product as a deep conditioner for many, many years. You can buy it at beauty supply stores and I have seen it, on occasion, as mass retailers. I love this product; it certainly works. It was designed for use by animals but the effectiveness is there! I think that it works best for those with a mane of their own-long, thick hair. I use it when my hair needs an intense boost of moisture. It is great to leave it on and let it soak in. I think it is nice that it remains true to it's roots and has not altered it's scent or catered more to it's human fans. It has a nice scent, kind of light, but not so much like many of the advertised conditioners out there. It is very thick and creamy. When I buy a bottle it lasts for a long time since it is not an every day kind of conditioner, in my opinion. It's very worth the price of a bottle.

made my hair very oily

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

My hair is very dry and it lacks moisture. A friend of mines told me about this Mane n' Tail conditioner so I decided to try it out. It didn't really have a scent to it and the consistency of this conditioner was thick. I like how it made my hair have less tangles and it gave my hair a lot more moisture. My hair didn't feel so dry and my ends didn't look as brittle anymore. It didn't give my hair any shine and my hair wasn't really soft. I noticed after a few uses my scalp started to become oily and I even got a little dandruff. I stopped using this conditioner and my dandruff did go away so it was this conditioner that made it come. I think this conditioner was a little too heavy for my hair type. I wouldn't use this again only because it didn't work that well on my hair. It says its supposed to help hair feel stronger and it did but not in a silky smooth way that I wanted. I don't recommend this to anybody that has coarse dry hair. It will weigh it down and not give hair volume or body.

Not a fan - it made my hair feel coarse.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

I had to try the Mane ‘n Tail Conditioner because I had heard so many good things about it and how good it was for long hair. Unfortunately it didn’t do anything good for my hair. I used this conditioner and it actually made my hair look like a horse’s mane. It actually made my hair feel very coarse and look dingy with absolutely no shine. It weighted it down and made it look greasy and dirty like I hadn't washed it in a week. I tried using it for about a week thinking that after my hair got used to it that it would be better but that was not the case. It not only made my hair look oily but it actually made it feel oily also. My hair even looked a couple shades darker when I used this just because of the residue it left behind. There was very little scent to this conditioner also. I tried using less product, I made sure it was thoroughly rinsed, and for some reason it still made my hair look terrible.

Surprise, Surprise!!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

I like this product a whole bunch. I was initially put off because it is actually used for animals, however after investigating the product I am quite happy that I tried it. I have to say when I was using it, my hair was very soft, more manageable and it even grew (used with the shampoo). I especially liked the fact that it was not heavy on my hair, and it did not leave it with a oily feel to it after rinsing it out of the hair. I have been using this product for a while now, inconjunction with other products, and I remain pleased with the results. I would recommend using it with the shampoo for the best results.
Highly recommended!

I have been happy with the results so far when using on my daughter's hair. Hair is soft and manageable. She experiences very little breakage, if any. Her hair is growing quite rapidly. I attribute that to the health of her scalp because of this product.

Lightly scented, not overbearing at all.

Good for growth.

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

The only reason I would recommend this conditioner is if you are looking for your hair to grow quickly. I used this after an awful hair cut. My hair got cut really short and I wanted it as long as possible before my wedding. I bought this because I heard it was good at enhancing hair growth. I do think my hair grew faster than usual while I used this. I paired it with the shampoo for maximum results. I did see a difference. It is not a miracle worker. My hair did not grow incredibly fast on this but I did see a difference. It is not the best conditioner I have ever used but it gets the job done. If you want hair growth, try it out. It does not do any damage.

I saw a difference in how my hair grew while using this. It is not the best conditioner at moisturizing and making your hair look smooth. However, it does help it grow at a faster rate.

It is not the best smelling conditioner I have ever used. It does not smell bad though.

This stuff works

from Nash, TX

Comments about Mane 'n Tail Conditioner:

I used to show horses when I was younger and since my mom worked two jobs in order to help pay for it, I was in charge of getting the horses ready. The only conditioner that I would use on them was Mane 'n Tail because it was the only one that worked. Horses have very dry manes and tails, but after using Mane 'n Tail conditioner on them, their hair was as soft as ours is. It is really amazing how shiny and silky their manes and tails would be after using it. Back then, you really could not find this brand in the stores, you would have to go to a feed store to get it. However, now you can find it almost anywhere and if you have not tried it, you need to. If you have dry, frizzy, dull hair, this stuff will make it look gorgeous. Your hair will be softer and shinier than you ever dreamed it could be. If this conditioner can make a horse's main and tail look great, imagine what it can do for your hair.