4.9
Make Up For Ever
Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

4.9

Pros

• Long-lasting (3)

Great mattifying foundation

from Texas

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Long-Lasting
  • Matte Finish
  • Noncomodegenic

• Acne-Prone or Oily Skin
    • Full Coverage
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation:

I have a oily/combination skin and this foundations goes on flawlessly! Makes my skin look smooth and last all day. No shine once I set with powder. I would repurchase this again!

• Skin Tone:
    • Medium

Definitely recommend

from Denham springs, La

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Lightweight
    • Long-Lasting
    • Matte Finish

Cons

• Too Greasy

• Full Coverage

Comments about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation:

I use this product every day. Definitely part of my daily routine!

I would buy this product agin it's very nice

from Sudia

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Long-Lasting

Very nice

• Skin Tone:
        • Medium

I love Mat Velvet!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation:

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet is like heaven in a bottle. It's a full coverage foundation with shine control, no oils in it, it's also water resistant, and it makes your skin completely mat? What more could you ask for?

I absolutely love this foundation, it's probably my favorite foundation out there right now. I have acne scarring and redness in my face. A lot of the time that's hard to cover without my foundation getting cakey. This does so well at covering all of that while still feeling lightweight and airy on my skin. I don't have to reapply this throughout the day, because it keeps the oil away. It really does leave my face looking mat and flawless all day long. I don't even use an extra concealer with this because it covers up all of my dark circles too. Mat Velvet even stays on in the summer time. Since it's water resistant (sweat resistant too) it doesn't sweat off of my face so I don't need to worry about having a different foundation for the summer and winter. I also love that it is in a squeeze bottle, instead of those glass jars without a pump like other foundations. It's more sanitary, and I find that i waste a lot less product.

The way I apply this foundation is with a flat top kabuki brush, and it comes out airbrushed looking and flawless.

I would definitely recommend to try out this foundation if you like full mat coverage. It's amazing!

Overall

Comments about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation:

This. This is my absolute holy grail of foundations! The foundation is completely full coverage but not cakey looking at all. It lasts super well. I put it on in the morning and don't have to touch up at all during the day. I have dark acne scars and pigmentation but I always get compliments on my skin when I wear this. Only reason it's not getting a 10 is the price...kinda pricey. But what can you expect from a great foundation :)

My favorite is Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet

from Boston, MA

Comments about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation:

I have always had a hard time finding makeup that is right for my skin. I used to have really oily skin and after a few hours of makeup, my skin would be so shiny I had to blot it away with oil strips. Using the **Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet **makeup now, my face is never oily anymore. This makeup is so soft and light that I barely feel like I have foundation on my face, but it also covers everything and doesn't give up during the day. I used to reapply makeup mid-day at work, and now I never have to. It is the best foundation I've ever used, and even though it is pricey, I wouldn't trade for another brand. I have used all of the regular brands like Covergirl, Neutrogena, L'Oreal etc and this makeup is really the only one that has worked for me consistantly. I am so glad I found a makeup that works with my face. I rarely breakout anymore**, **which is also fantastic. I really can't say anything bad about this makeup, all I can say is that I hope it doesn't get discontinued!****

makeup forever foundation

from Adelanto, CA

Comments about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation:

I have wanted to try this foundation out for the longest time after hearing good things about it and finally I bought it! After buying it and using it for awhile overall I have to say that I like it. I really like the formula. It has great color and it lasts all day long. This product is great for oily skin types like mine since it is matt finish. It has good coverage,medium and buildable. I have been using it and it hasnt made me break out at all which is so great. A couple things that I didn't like about it was that it is expensive for the amount you get in it, it doesn't seem like you get alot in the container, I do like the container since it is tube like and not messy to work with at all but you should get more in it and it seems like you need quite a bit for your whole face and it's not very liquidy so you do have to work to spread and blend it. They have a wide range of colors to choose from so thats good.

I won't stray from Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Foundation.

from Saginaw, MI

Comments about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation:

I first purchased this product 3 years ago when I moved from Chicago, IL to San Antonio, TX and I haven't looked back since! The hotter temperatures were wreaking havoc on my skin- my skin is acne-prone and goes back and forth between being oily and combination so I needed a foundation that would control oil, not dry out my skin, and not cause any break-outs or irritation and Make Up For Ever Velvet Mat + Foundation does just that! My pores are ridiculously large and this foundation smoothes over imperfections and doesn't sink into my pores. It has amazing staying power and also never looks dry or cakey. It's definitely the best foundation I've ever used. I love the fact that it comes in a squeezable bottle as opposed to a pump, that way you can squeeze out a perfect amount- pumps tend to waste a lot of unused product. I recommend applying this foundation with a good foundation brush, although sponges and fingers work well too. There are a good range of shades but, depending on the season, I generally blend 2 together to get it perfect. As usual, the only downside is the cost.