Other Grains & Pastas:
Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice

Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice

Yummy!

Comments about Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice:

I have been eating Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice since I was a kid! It was always a favorite of mine and still is! It is so easy to make. It tastes like you spent all day cooking it! It has such a rich and yummy flavor. I love to eat it plain, but it also goes well with roasts and gravy, or to add in soups.

Yummy!

from Grosse Pointe, MI

Comments about Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice:

I buy this stuff all of the time.  I have buying it for years.  this rice is really cheap to buy.  the smell and taste are so good.  The food is even pretty.  The rice is easy to cook even if you are chasing around one big kid and one toddler while cooking it.  I usually just serve it basic (without adding to it).  The food is delicious.  I bought it for my mom as part of a goodie bag and she feel in love with it too.  Even my husband will eat it and he has high standards.  I never see coupons for it, but the price is pretty cheap.  Sometimes there are in-store deals with it too.  The food may contain MSG.  I am not sure, but I still like it.  The rice makes a nice treat.  This food would tastes good plain, with vegetables or with meat.  Vegetarians will like it too.  You can put lots of butter or just a little (or non) to fix the flavor just how you like it.  I will buy this rice again and again.

This reminds me of being a kid again

from Lutz, FL

Comments about Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice:

Alright I love this stuff.

When I was a teenager, I remember my mom buying this just for me, since she is not a rice lover.

This is not a new product and has been around for a long time.

Very simple to make. All you need is a little oil/butter and water.

I tend to sautee onions and add peas into it. My kids love it.

As I got older, I have learned to make traditional yellow rice but really my family never knows if I have made it from this package or if I made it from scratch.

I hope my kids wlll love it too and gives them a remembrance of "Mom's Cooking" when they grow up.