Other Gourmet Foods:
Mahatma Rice
Mahatma Rice Basmati and Jasmine

Mahatma Rice Basmati and Jasmine

Cons

Best rice there is, period.

from Garner, NC

Comments about Mahatma Rice Basmati and Jasmine:

For years I used Uncle Ben's rice in different dishes that I made. It's a very good white rice but after I discovered Mathatma Jasmine Rice, I've never had anything else since because it is absolutely the best rice I've ever tasted. It has a wonderful aroma and a soft texture similar to the steamed rice served at Chinese restaurants except you don't have to use a rice cooker! When my husband and I have stir fry, we always have the 4 serving amount. After it comes to a boil and I reduce the heat, I cook it for exactly 12 minutes and it comes out perfect everytime...so fluffy and delicious. This will be the only rice I'll ever use. It's a bit expensive but worth every penny! :)

Mahatma Gourmet Rice -Flavourful,Healthy ,Delicious

from Palm Coast, FL

Comments about Mahatma Rice Basmati and Jasmine:

I received this Mahatma Rice through bzz agent as a product test and was very excited to try it .

I have made it 3 times so far, 2 times with the Basmati Rice and once with the Jasmine rice. I used my steamer to cook the rice because its a easy and sure way to cook any kind of rice with no watching or worrying about over or under cooking . If you have a steamer for vegetables all you do is get out the rice basket that fits inside the big steamer basket add 2 cups water and 1 cup of rice. In this case I also added some dried onion chips to steam with the rice . I  set the timer to steam for 45 minutes and let it go.

This make a lot of rice . after the rice was finished I added about a 1/2 stick of butter , some onion powder and some Bragg Kelp seasoning and salt . Than I steamed some mushrooms broccoli and peas and than mixed them with the finished rice . this makes a wonderful tasty side dish or if you like you could add some fish or scallops to it to make a healthy meal.

What I loved about this rice was its marvelous flavour ,texture and softness. both of these rices cook up perfectly and have a very pleasant aroma and taste. its not to sticky and mixes well with all kinds of ingredients . This rice is so much better than plain white rice its scary . I really enjoyed it and even my Husband who really hates rice liked it very much .

I also found that if you have some extra left over you can set it in a fry pan with some butter and blend in a egg or 2 frying the egg into the rice and adding a bit of your favorite season salt or bacon bits its a wonderful healthy snack . I am definitely going to try this rice using many different  ingredients and experimenting with it for a while .

Bottom line - If you are looking for a Tasty, Flavourful ,Fragrant Rice give Mahatma rice a try you will not be disappointed

Thank you for reading my Review.

Mahatma Rice pleased a house full of picky eaters!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Mahatma Rice Basmati and Jasmine:

I received a sample of Mahatma rice from Bzz Agent and have been very pleased with the product. My husband is very picky about rice and he's had only positive comments about the rice. His approval says a lot. I know I will be purchasing Mahatma Rice a lot in the future!

The only rice brand I'll use from now on!!!

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about Mahatma Rice Basmati and Jasmine:

I received samples of both the Jasmine and Basmati rice from being a BzzAgent and can't be happier.

It is the best rice I've ever had!!! Even my 21 month old son who never eats rice liked this brand. I am Korean-American and never really eat rice(ironic, huh?) but I can't help myself with this Mahatma brand rice. I think previously it was because I always messed up when making rice with other brands(always made it too sticky, not cooked enough, or too much water in the pan) but with Mahatma, it cooks perfectly every single time. I've had this rice in my house for 4 days now and have made it every day so far because it is so good.

I make it and just pour a little soy sauce and mix it. I've even made chicken fried rice with it. My Puerto Rican/Italian husband's grandfather made a Puerto Rican dish called Asopao and it required rice and I put in the Jasmine and it was so delicious!! Even my husband's side of the family and especially his grandfather loved the texture and the flavor of it. I thought it was so much better than the long grain white rice he normally uses.

I love the light aroma, the perfectly cooked rice, the nice appearance of the long grain in the food I prepare, the very light stickiness but firmness of  the rice, and the light and fluffy texture of Mahatma rice. I will definitely be buying only Mahatma from now on. It is the rice to use. I hope everyone tries this because you won't be disappointed in the results.

I just prepared the Basmati rice and it has a similar aroma too and it cooked perfectly. I can't wait to make dishes with this too.

So for a person who never really made rice at home, I am a convert all thanks to Mahatma and BzzAgent. Now I can make perfect delicious rice too!!!