3.3

Magnavox - DVD/VCR Combo

3.3

Solid and trustworthy

Comments about Magnavox - DVD/VCR Combo:

Bought the combo 3 years ago and it works flawlessly. I haven't had problems getting the tape stuck, nor do I have had any problems with the DVD not playing. The combo doesn't involve much setup, and the manual is specific but not complex. Highly recommend.

• Playback Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Magnavox VCR/DVD recorder does not work

from Hazleton, PA

Comments about Magnavox - DVD/VCR Combo:

The VCR on this machine does not work at all, so it is not worth the money and cannot be used for dubbing.

The VCR part of this combo is locked into fast forward no matter what you do, so if your main purpose is to dub from VCR to DVD it is impossible. The machine does not have a tuner so you must have a cable box for it to work at all.

We found this machine difficult to use and the book did not help.

• Playback Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

My Magnavox DVD/VCR Combo lasted only a year...

from Chesapeake City, MD

Comments about Magnavox - DVD/VCR Combo:

For my birthday last year, I decided to purchase a DVD/VCR player combo. My husband did some searching online for a DVD/VCR player and came up with a Magnavox model that he thought would be a good DVD/VCR player for our family. For the first 3 months, it worked great! I could use it for all my videos that I had and all of our dvds, but then we started having trouble with the videos playing in the VCR. We would put the tape in, it would act like it was going to start playing and then it would turn off and spit out the video tape. I was greatly disappointed when this happened because I had videos that I was using for my workouts that had gone way up in price because they had become obsolete as a dvd. We continued to use the DVD player even though it got slower and slower loading up the disk. That could have been due to the condition of the disk, however just a few days ago it stopped working. It would not even play a BRAND NEW dvd right out of the box. Needless to say, I am greatly disappointed and I have to look into purchasing another VCR player because I still have my videos that I am quite determined to use, someday...

Definitely a Great Product for the Money

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Magnavox - DVD/VCR Combo:

My husband and I bought our Magnavox DVD/VCR Combo over a year ago when our Polaroid DVD Player quit working.  We opted for the combo because we still watch our VHS tapes and a VHS player is hard to find these days - we thought it would be good to have the combo player and keep our solo VHS player as a back-up for the coming days when VCR's aren't sold at all.  I was a little worried because I know with any combination electronics you run the risk of having half of it die, rendering the entire product either half-useful or just obsolete.

My favorite aspect of this particular player was the price. It was not very much more than some of the cheaper DVD player options (without VCR) which was another contributing factor in our decision to purchase it.  Especially considering our background with buying the cheapest DVD player on the market (thus the failure of our previous player), I am very pleased to note that even after a year and then some of solid use we have not experienced a single glitch.  Definitely worth the price!

As mentioned, we have had no problems whatsoever.  I read some reviews about the VCR acting up or buttons sticking, we have had no such problems and we actively use both sides of the combo.  As one reviewer mentioned, I do like that it's not necessary to change the input on the TV in order to switch back and forth - there is a button on the remote which distinguishes between VCR or DVD.

Overall, I would say it's a decent product - nothing miraculous, but no complaints - at a decent price.

Wonderfully inexpnsive with quality

from Azalea, OR

Comments about Magnavox - DVD/VCR Combo:

Magnavox DVD/VCR player is a great inexpensive player that works good.  It does however, from time to time stick or stalls where it just holds the picture as is.  It also does not play while in that mode.  But can be over ridden with on/off.

Otherwise a decent player

great for making copies of your tapes

from Mount Vernon, MO

Comments about Magnavox - DVD/VCR Combo:

I bought this DVD/VCR recorder combination for Christmas especially to make copies of my tapes. This is a great piece of equipment and makes great copies. It gives you the opportunity to make copies at different speeds/quality. The only backdraw is that it takes quite a while to load the discs. But it definitely does a good job of making copies and that was my primarily goal.