2.7
ZV420MW8
Magnavox - DVD Recorder/VCR Combo

Magnavox - DVD Recorder/VCR Combo

2.7

DVD's made with this product will not reproduce.

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Recorder/VCR Combo:

DVD/S MADE WITH THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT REPRODUCE...AND IF THEY DO IT'S NOT SIMPLE. I'M A MAC USER. THE DVD APPEARS TO COPY BUT WILL NOT PLAYBACK. I have now tried to reproduce a very important DVD to me, to no avail. It copies contents but when loaded into a computer or new dvd will only show files and will not pay.

• Playback Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Execellent product. Easy to use and very efficeint.

from Gig Harbor, WA

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Recorder/VCR Combo:

Product works exactly as advertised.  Very simple to setup and use.  This item was the cheapest around and being from Magmavox it is a highly reputable company.  The functions are extremely user friendly and the instructions a simple but very detailed.  Highly recommend.

Magnavox recorder is very nice to have!

from Devils Lake, ND

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Recorder/VCR Combo:

I have had this recorder for 2 years now and I have found many uses for the recorder. I have been able to burn all my home movies onto dvd. It is fairly easy to run. It is very easy to hook up to the tv. I love that I can play either vhs tapes or dvds with this machine. I also like how there are buttons on the unit in the front in case you do not have the remote handy. You can still press play and are able to watch your movie.

The remote is fairly easy to understand. I do have a con for this burner though. Usually to finish the burn process of a dvd I have to refer to the manual to see which buttons on the remote I need to hit first. It seems like there should be more than one way to get to the end to finish the dvd. It does a nice job of burning the disc and I have not had any problems with playingback a disc. It also has a nice title menu when you are burning multiple shows on the disc.

Not a very good buy

from Gretna, LA

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Recorder/VCR Combo:

I purchased the maganavox dvd recorder/vcr combo a couple of years ago and I must say that it was a waste of money. It played fine for about six months to a year and then suddenly, it would cut off while I was in the middle of watching a dvd. I would lierally have to play with it for twenty minutes before it would come back on only to have it cut off again. At first I assumed it might have been dirty so I purchased a lens cleaner and tried that to no avail.   That didn't work so I introduced the product to the garbage can and bought a new dvd player. As a whole, I satisfied with the Phillips magnavox brand but I guess I must have gotten one with a defect.

mostly good

from Hawkins, TX

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Recorder/VCR Combo:

This is a fairly good combo unit. It does not have HDMI for high definition, or a coaxial. It has several recording options, and it lets you add titles. It also allows you to transfer more than one tape to DVD. The only problem i've had is some tapes won't transfer.

Don't try to record DVD's with this one

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Recorder/VCR Combo:

We bought the Magnavox DVD/VCR Combo player because we had several VCR tapes left over from when my children were little and they still watch them sometimes.  My plan was to record them onto DVDs so that I could prolong their playing life.  It was very difficult to record anything onto a DVD from this player.  If it would record, the DVD would not play on another DVD player.  The instructions said to "finalize" the DVD after recording, but I found that the Magnavox would not finalize the DVD.  Then there were times that it would not record at all.  For the money, this DVD player did not live up to expectations .  To record DVDs we had to buy another DVD player.  The Magnavox still plays DVDs and tapes, but we have to use the second DVD player to record DVDs, which play fine on the Magnavox.  I have since read that this is a common problem with the Magnavox players - I will certainly do more research before buying another one.