4.9
Maglite
Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight

Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight

4.9

The only flashlight you'll ever need!

The only flashlight you'll ever need! I love this Maglite!  I have had this one for over a decade now and it still works every time.  The light beam can be adjusted from a large area to a small pin point.  It is heavy and long and I use this one when I'm investigating things at night because it can be used for self protection also.  I should explain that I live in the country and you never know what's out there.  I think this is actually the one that the police use!I went with the purple one, it still looks like it did the day I got it!Two thumbs up!!!

not impressed

I am a huge fan of Fenix flashlights, but decided to purchase this Maglite 3-D Cell flashlight after hearing many good things about them. I also want a flashlight for heavy duty use and maybe use it for protection or weapon when the situation calls for it. I have to say, after using it for 3 months, I am not very impressed with it. This flashlight requires 3 D-cell batteries, so it will be heavy, but I didn't plan on using it all the time. The light is bright, but it's not brighter than my Fenix LD20, which only takes 2 AA batteries. You can adjust the beams focus by rotating the head. It also features only three switches, on, off, and signal mode. I have not tried to use it to break stuff so I don't know how well it will hold, but the body does feel pretty solid. I don't think this flashlight is waterproof since I can't find any information about that. I wouldn't use this when raining. Overall, I think I'll stick to Fenix.

A must for every car!

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

I purchased my Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight from the local supercenter for my jeep. This is a must because I have used it in the rain and dropped it in the mud and it still works. It uses 3-D batteries and you can twist the top to adjust the light beam. this is also heavy enough to use for personal protection as well.

Great Maglite Flashlight

Profile Image

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

We have several Maglite brand flashlights in our home, and they are hard to beat. They are made with an aluminum alloy case and are both water and shock resistant. What makes this flashlight different from older Maglites is the fact that they use 3 watt LED bulbs instead of the old fashioned incandescent bulbs.

The result is a bulb that lasts a lot longer, and the beam is brighter. I believe you are supposed to get like 50,000 hours from these bulbs. They give off a nice bright white light and I like the smaller size of the flashlight as well.

These make wonderful Christmas gifts, and guys love them. Maglite has a winner with this flashlight.

best flashlight

from Roseville, CA

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

The maglite flashlights have always been the best flashlights out there and this one is the same. Theya re very high quality and have a really great light output. The button is easy to push to turn on and off and the batteries are easy to replace. The battery life seems very good and the light holds up even as you continue to use the flashlight. The price is very reasonalbe considering how well made the flashlight is. It is also extremely durable. I have on several occasions dropped the flashlight as well as banged it against the wall and it still works great and looks great. I would definitely recommend this flashlight to anyone that needs a trusty flashlight.

A high-quality, durable, flashlight

from Atkins, VA

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

For its size, a standard maglite doesn't have many more lumens in brightness than the average pocket-sized variety, but more than makes up for it in durability alone. I was changing a tire once and accidentally backed over one of these...not even a dent and it still worked just fine. Highly recommended for anyone that needs a durable utility light.

There is no better lite

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

This light will last forever.  Notice in the apocolyptic movies - they always have a mag-lite after the nuclear or environmental disaster!  The cons of this light (heavy, expensive) are far outdone by the pros.  And the expensive label is not really accurate.  It may be expensive, but it is an excellent VALUE  This light will last forever!  So while you pay more at teh beginning, you pay less in the long run, which is (in this reviewer's opinion) a measure of value over expensiveness.  Bright light, adjustable beam, effective subduer of burglars, good value, longer life than most of us (I am curently using my grandfather's mag-lite - and he passed away 10 years ago!) - what's not to like??

Awesome, absolutely the best flashlight on the market.

from Mercer, WI

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

This flashlight is great. It is well made. It works after being run over by a vehicle. Temperature does not effect it's performance. It has a much longer battery life than the cheaper flashlights. The beam is adjustable to whatever specific purpose it is being used for. The round design makes it prone to rolling around. I think it could benefit from some sort of flip down stand, but otherwise is awesome.

A great light that takes abuse and will continue to do the job.

from Jackson, MI

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

I agree with most of the other reviews, and would like to add some more thoughts on the light. I think that while it is very strong and reliable, I prefer rubber armored lights now. I also find that led lights provide better light and use less power to operate. This means longer battery life and better visability with futre lights. All in all buy the led model if you are goin with this light.

Very Durable, very dependable, very bright.

from Cabot, AR

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

This is a great flashlight!  Just check the batteries for leakage often.  The batteries last long so you have to watch them for getting old and leaking.  This is one durable light.  Drop it, bang it around, it keeps on working.  The extra bulb in the end cap is a great idea, too.  I would also buy the "AA" mag light too and keep that one in your glove box.  Mag Light is the Cadillac of flashlights!

Good bright light, sturdy construction

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

I'm a Realtor and this is the flash light that I keep in my car in case I show a house that has no electricity, so my flashlight needs to be reliable. This one has great light and the batteries last pretty well. It has solid construction and feels good in the hand with a good grip. It is also pretty heavy, it has 3 D-cells inside. I have replaced the bulb once and I thought it a little on the expensive side, but it came in a two pack so my next bulb is also paid for.  There is now also a version with LED.  I've been very happy with other LED lights, if I replace this light I might consider that one

Keep 1 at home & 1 in the truck

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Maglite 3-D Cell Flashlight:

A great flashlight. Very bright & reliable. Batteries last long. I also keep one of those manually powered lights in case my Mag-Lite hasf dead batteries. But you can generally tell when the batteries on a Mag-Lite are fading. And they tend to last a long, long time.

In a pinch, the larger Mag-Lite can be used like a club. I'm certainly not one to look for a fight, but it's nice to have a club on hand in case someone else develops a case of road rage. Merely brandishing the light got one overly-aggressive man to back down.

Unfortunately, the bulky weight mean that these lights are not ideal for camping. They're far too heavy & tend to roll down hills. When I'm backpacking, I want as little weight as possible. And backpackers are generally polite people, not prone to trail rage.