Other Kitchen Ranges:

Magic Chef Electric Range

Magic Chef Glass Top Range Extremely Reliable

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Magic Chef Electric Range:

We've had this Magic Chef glass top range for a long time, and it has stood the test of time. It's so reliable. The only thing we have to do with it, occasionally, is replace the oven element. Admittedly, I do wish it had the simple plug-in style, but that is its only fault.

I use the range and oven all the time. I do lots of cooking, from scratch, so this unit receives thorough workouts all the time, daily. Every burner works just like it did when the unit was new. All the electronics also work perfectly.

The glass top is so easy to clean. The only time it doesn't look nice is when I get careless.

Regarding the oven element, wires inside the oven wall must be attached to replacement elements. This is kind of a nuisance, but certainly not impossible. I don't have to cry to my husband to fix it; I can do it myself. As for the element dying, that's kind of a sporadic thing. The current one has been in there a long time, but sometimes one will burn out rather quickly. I don't know why that is. Maybe it has to do with what's gotten spilled on it.