3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

My Magic Chef SAVED Thanksgiving!

Just imagine....Thanksgiving Day, lots of people to feed, only hours before the BIG MEAL, and the microwave dies! Well, that's what happened to us. Boy, were we lucky that the local store was still open and we could purchase our Magic-Chef! It wasn't what I would have probably purchased if I had more options that day, however, I have been pleasantly surprised with it. It saved the day! It was also very reasonably priced!

Performance is good, but not great. The power is sufficient for warming up my morning cup of coffee, quickly steaming vegetables, reheating leftovers, or melting butter, but it is a bit weak and inconsistent with items like potatoes and popcorn. I have had cases where the actually heating is uneven as well.

Settings/Features
The settings & features are the standard options offered on other microwaves of this size and price point. Having said that, they are good. The best feature on the Magic Chef microwave is the turntable inside.

The Magic Chef microwave is super easy to clean. The turntable inside comes out easily and can be washed with warm water and soap or even better - put into the dishwasher for heavier spills. The microwave is small enough that it is not difficult to wipe out. The exterior is smooth, without a lot of crevices, therefore, easy to wipe down.

This microwave has made my life easier on a daily basis. The settings are very easy to understand and the microwave is self-explanatory in terms of picking the appropriate settings.

The Magic Chef microwave is durable. It has held up well to Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, 3 Birthdays and even the Super Bowl. So far, so good!

Microwaves have come a long way in design. The Magic Chef is pretty basic, but really offers what we need. The only complaint I have regarding the design is the door. The door has to be slammed to close properly. This is annoying when you are trying not to wake up the house in the wee hours of the morning while warming up your coffee!

Not a good buy

I recently bought a magic Chef microwave oven and what a mistake, I thought Magic Chef was a good brand a little above the rest,boy was I mistaken. It has so many flaws I cant believe it.  The door is so hard to open and close, and you have to slam it to close it. I am always afraid the door is going to break or fall off. You must make sure the inside is kept spotless, if any grease or anything gets on the light or vents it stops working.

I almost hate to use it because I have to make sure I scrub it clean after every use, so I have to follow after anyone who uses it to make sure they clean after every use.

It is just a very poorly designed product and I am very sorry I had the bad misfortune of buying  the Magic Chef microwave oven. I would never buy anything that has the name of Magic Chef on it again. I hope this review helps someone to not waste their money like I did.

So much for Magic Chef being one of the better or top brands, totally inferior product. I would not recommend this product to anyone. In fact if you buy this brand you will be sorry,very sorry.

Not a fan.

from Troy NY

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

They say you get what you pay for, and this microwave is the reason they say it. We thought we were getting a really good deal on the Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven ... and we might have been, if anything on this microwave worked properly.

We only owned this microwave for a whopping six months when many of the keys on the touchpad stopped functioning - causing us to figure out creative ways to time certain foods. As we don't microwave many things in our household, we might have figured out a way to live with this problem, but three months later, it got worse.

Now the microwave just randomly stops working. Want to pop in some chicken to defrost it? Better keep a close eye on the Magic Chef - because magically you might come back to a microwave that just shut off halfway through.

Usually this problem can be resolved by unplugging and re-plugging in the microwave. But who wants to have to do that all the time. And there's no rhyme or reason as to WHEN it will shut off - sometimes it's after 3 minutes, sometimes it's after 30 seconds.

I would avoid purchasing the Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven - spends some extra money, you won't regret it!

Great Value, long lasting

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

I bought this microwave in 2005. It is currently 2014 and still working perfectly! I've NEVER had any problems with it. It's quiet, cooks evenly and is surprisingly easy to clean. If you're looking for a new nuker....this is a great choice!
I have bought 3 as gifts for friends and all 3 people who received the microwave loves them.

I am also buying a second, larger, unit for a new house and passing this one to my college age niece for her dorm.

• Settings/Features:

My Magic Chef SAVED Thanksgiving!

• Settings/Features:

Magic Chef is a TERRIBLE brand.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

This microwave was included with my old apartment when I moved in. All of the apartments had Magic Chef appliances, so they also included this counter top microwave when you paid your security deposit. This is a terrible microwave. It had almost everything other microwaves have, however, it just did not work well. I had to heat up a small plate of food from the refrigerator for over three minutes just to get the food hot. That was on the highest setting the microwave had. Speaking of settings, there are not many special settings offered by this microwave. That was very disappointing to me. I know that this brand of microwave is pretty inexpensive, so I could not expect that much. I eventually just put the microwave away in a storage closet and bought my own. I definitely left it there when I moved out. It is clear that my apartment complex must have gotten a good deal on them when they bought the rest of the appliances. I would not recommend purchasing this brand of microwave.

Unreliable

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

Just a month or two after purchasing, this microwave starting doing weird things like whenever you close the door it just rotates and has the light on but doesn't cook. It then wouldn't allow you to actually cook anything, rendering it totally useless. We keep having to unplug it and plug it back in and hope that eventually it will work.

This Magic Chef Doesn't Do A Lot Of Magic - But It Works

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

This magic chef doesn’t do a lot of magic, but it does work. It is good for traveling if that is what you do or if you live in a small place. This is the kind of microwave you would use for treats. I think this microwave is great for making popcorn or pizza or re-heating take-out food. I think it does a good job of heating up soups, teas and coffee. Tea and coffee, hot in the morning is a must for a busy person. I really like heating a potato in it. It does it in a quick and simple fashion. Potatoes are rich in potassium you know. It does a good job of heating up all kinds of vegetables. It does an average job on meat, turkey and fish. It has a problem heating foods or treats equally. Sometimes, one side is hotter than the other. I wouldn’t recommend it for fancy dinners or big parties. It does a good job at defrosting things, and I think that is one of its better features. The displays, settings and features are easy to read and use. I think it is very simple to clean. It will not run up your electric bill either. I don’t think it is very big. It heats things in a short amount of time, but it has an on and off problem with a mind of its own. I don’t think it is suppose to do that as often as it does. It isn’t that expensive, so what do you expect? It does an average job, but it wears out quickly. I decided to buy a different brand of microwave a year and a half later. It is medium-small in size, and the design of it is typical. The color looks similar to other microwaves. The Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven MCD990” is mediocre, so I can not give it a rave review.

• Settings/Features:

The Magic Chef Countertop Microwave needs improvements.

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

We purchase the Magic Chef microwave about a month ago to replace a large microwave that took up to much space. We found that you have to constantly clean it to keep it working properly. The door is a major design flaw and ended up coming undone so we ended up taking it back to get a different model.

Your Basic Microwave

from Urbana, IL

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

It's small enough to fit in an apartment and good enough for daily use. Everyone I know has had this microwave or one very similar to it. Towards the end of the life of the one I had, the buttons would not work and it couldn't even microwave a bag of popcorn. It's easy to clean and it fits in small spaces. If you wanted to make microwave potato chips or something like it, you would heat it up so much that it would shut off.

No Complaints

from Haskell, OK

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

The purchase price of this microwave was so feasible that I am contemplating sending one with my son when he leaves for college.

This microwave fits in small spaces and does not get warm to the touch, like many others. I don't hesitate one bit having it on the counter where my younger child might brush up against it.

I have used my microwave on almost a daily basis for the last eight months with no issues, no problems with burnt out bulbs and no adjustment in cooking or thawing quality. When I push a button for a setting, such as popcorn, I know my foods are going to come out consistently warmed, leaving less worry for me in the quality of my foods.

Push a button and it follows your commands, easy to use for my tween.

Settings/Features
Preset buttons such as popcorn or defrost by weight make it easy to use and I don't have to guess on how long to set the microwave for.

A quick wipe down and a removable turntable allows easy cleaning when I forget to cover my foods.

Gets the job done

from Hobbs, NM

Comments about Magic Chef 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Countertop Microwave Oven:

I've had this microwave for a few years now and it has never let me down. Granted it doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles as some of the newer models, I really like the ease of use and the quick button feature is awesome. Some of the little things that I find kind of irksome at times is the difficulty cleaning that i sometimes run into and the lower wattage tends to make things take longer to cook than some of the higher power models i have owned. All in all this is a great microwave for the money I paid and it's lasted longer than any other that I have owned, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable machine.