4.1
Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System

Read 1,021 Reviews

Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System

4.1

Pros

• Easy to clean (25)
  • Good power output (17)
  • Stable (15)
  • Good pitcher (11)
  • Precise control (11)

Cons

• Not powerful (6)

• Drinks (20)
  • Small kitchen (17)
  • Crushing ice (9)
  • Cooking (5)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (18), Avid cook (6)

Biting the Bullet with the Magic Bullet Mixer

A couple of Christmases ago my husband was given an *enormous* package wrapped by his father-in-law. When he opened it, we found the **Magic Bullet Food Processor**. My FIL explained that he had ordered one for himself, and as a part of the "deal" he had received a second one, including all the little gadgets and cups, for free and he wanted Jay to have it. At first I was rather unimpressed, but then I saw my FIL show my husband a demo of the processor on their countertop. Within a few moments I could see the value this product would bring to our home. **About the Magic Bullet Food Processor** This is a bullet-shaped food processor, that's compact and fits easily on a countertop. The compact footprint alone is one good reason to at least consider the Magic Bullet, but there are other interesting features to note as well. The Magic Bullet "system" that we were given for Christmas came with a number of very useful pieces. The "brains" of the whole product is the power base, which is the bottom half that plugs in, contains the motor, and provides the horsepower for everything else. Additionally we received two types of blade bases, a cross blade and a flat blade. We mostly use the cross blade for everything that we blend or pulse on the Magic Bullet. The Magic Bullet website advertises that the cross blade is for chopping, grating and blending foods (your cheeses, frozen drinks, etc.) while the flat blade whips creams and grinds up hard stuff like spices or coffee beans. We received a number of cups to screw onto the top of the blade bases. We have a single tall cup, with no handle. And a single short cup, also with no handle. In addition, we also received four additional cups with handles that the website refers to as "party mugs". Basically these are tall cups with handles and color-coded rings that you can screw on the top to make a mug to drink out of. The color-coded rings are useful if you're serving mixed drinks and everyone wants to keep track of which drinks are theirs. Finally, the kit we received contained shaker/steamer tops for using with grated cheese and suchlike, and two resealable lids that you can screw on to any of the cups, to keep whatever you've got in the cup fresh for storage.  The kit is great, but we chucked the tops and lids lids into a drawer when we brought the system home and haven't touched them since. **Uses For and *Using* The Magic Bullet** Okay, so we received this as a gift, and right when we unwrapped it I thought it was junk, but after seeing a demo from my FIL, I was sold. Why? Simple: My husband is a marathon runner and a weight lifter. The man drinks a *lot* of shakes, protein-based and otherwise. Once I saw how easily and quickly the Magic Bullet processed things, I was thrilled to bring it home. On a weekly basis, we use the Magic Bullet at least 5 out of 7 days. Some weeks we use it every day. Mostly my husband uses it for blending up shakes, and it does this function *wonderfully* and without complaint. Other things that we use the Magic Bullet for include making marinades and sauces for meat and fish. We make several meals each week that involve marinating steak or chicken, or making a sauce for a light fish such as tilapia. No matter what we're making, using the Magic Bullet couldn't be easier. When I *completely* clean the kitchen from top to bottom, I store the Magic Bullet base in a cabinet, but otherwise we leave the base out on the counter. It's unobtrusive in our kitchen, taking up about the space of a drinking glass. To use the Magic Bullet, you fill one of the cups (tall or small, or the drinking mugs) with the ingredients you want to blend up. You screw on a base (as I mentioned in our case, almost always the cross-blade base) and then you invert the pieces and drop them into the Magic Bullet blender base. You can simply push down to "pulse" your blending action, or if you want heavy-duty blending action you can twist the base just a fraction until it catches under the lip and puts enough pressure on to keep the blender going until you untwist it. When we're done, we pull up the base and cup, unscrew the blending base, toss it into the sink and use whatever's in the cup. Washing the blending base is as simple as running it under hot water with a soapy sponge. The Magic Bullet website advertises that the bases are dishwasher safe, but we have never used them for anything that left enough residue to warrant a run through a dishwasher. If we blended a drink or a shake, we then just screw on one of the color-coded lids. If we blended a marinade or a sauce, we just pour it into wherever it's final destination would be and toss the blending cup into the sink as well. If we get backed up on the cups tossed in the sink, we wash it in the dishwasher on the top shelf with no problem. Otherwise, again it's a quick rinse with a soapy sponge and into the drainer half of the sink area. One thing that the folks at Magic Bullet advertise is this product's ability to be a compact, easy-to-use "food processor". I don't agree with that assessment. If you'll notice, we primarily use the product for its "blending" capabilities. We have tried the product as a food processor for salsas and other items that required more complex structural integrity beyond just "slamming everything together in a liquid" and we found that the Magic Bullet simply came up short. It seemed to liquify salsas, and wasn't very good with egg salad either. If you need a daily, compact "food processor" solution I would recommend looking elsewhere. But if you're looking to blend things into an unidentifiable pulp nearly every single day, this is your device! **Magic Bullet Reliability** I have read complaints about the reliability of the Magic Bullet. One major complaint that I do see some concern about is that surrounding the rubber gaskets that seat in the blender bases. I know there are other complaints, but this is the only one for which I have some concern, because our overall blender base is working just fine. When you get your Magic Bullet you get a handful of these white-ish rubber gaskets to put into the blender base. They're simple things, little small circles of rubber that keep things from spewing everywhere. In the first three months we went through one of four, that I believe came with our kit. This, to me, indicates that they are somewhat "disposable" and will require replacement on a regular basis. Since then, we haven't had any others go bad, but this is my major concern with the Magic Bullet. When you go to the website and see their list of "What You Get" with your system, no mention of these gaskets is made. There is also, so far as I can tell, no way to order more gaskets, and *only* the gaskets online, or to purchase them in stores. This is a problem, in my opinion. I have not yet contacted Magic Bullet about this problem, but if we run out of gaskets and I need to, I will update this review with the company's response. **Speaking of Reliability, All About the Warranty** The Magic Bullet comes with a one year limited warranty, and an additional four year warranty that is also limited. I have not contacted Homeland Housewares about needing extra gaskets, so they may or may not be covered by the warranty. For full details on the exact warranty specifications, plug this site URL into your web browser: **http://www.buythebullet.com/warranty.php** I have not personally had to contact Homeland Housewares for warranty service, so I'm not certain how well or poorly they abide by their warranty, or how good a job their customer service department does in responding. **Cat's Bottom Line**This was one of our favorite Christmas gifts last year, because the Magic Bullet makes blending things easy. We have a very nice blender that we received for our wedding, but we never pull it out because this is such a compact, easy-to-use alternative. My husband particularly likes this product for blending up his shakes after his workout, and I like it for blending up marinades and sauces for our meals at home. This product *isn't* the answer to everything, in spite of what the website and commercials on television might have you believe, but it is an amazing blender that's very compact and works well. I have rated the product four stars, because in my experience the rubber gaskets that come with the product will eventually need to be replaced, and I don't see that the company has provided a good replacement or purchasing program for these simple pieces. If they get on the ball with figuring out how to make replacement gaskets easily accessible to the customer, I would recommend them more highly. Regardless, if you're looking for a blending solution in your kitchen, that takes up very little space and is very easy to use, I certainly recommend the Magic Bullet Food Processor. **Company Information Homeland Housewares Website: http://www.buythebullet.com/ E-mail: customerservice@homelandhousewares.com Phone: 1-866-4HOMELAND **

Magic Bullet Express is a handy kitchen tool.

The Magic Bullet Express is an innovative and convenient small kitchen appliance. It is basically a miniature food processor, and it comes with its own storage and serving attachments. I bought it because I have an 11 month old son who has had difficulty eating solid foods. He went to a specialist and it turns out he just doesn't like packaged baby food because it lacks flavor! So now I can serve him everything the rest of my family eats by putting it in the Magic Bullet for a few seconds and pureeing it (just add a little water so the mixture is not too thick). It has definitely been helpful in this capacity, but I do wish I found myself using it more often for the price I paid. I like to get my money's worth out of a product, but I am hoping that the longer I have it in my kitchen the more uses I will find for it. It comes with a cookbook but I haven't had an opportunity to try any of the recipes yet. I am confident that it was a good purchase, though.

Like it but wouldn't buy again

from Bernalillo, NM

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

• Cooking

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I've had my magic bullet for about a year and I like it. I prefer it over my ninja for every day use but it's quite small so not much fits at a time. The only negative is that the seals on the blades leak and that adds more clean up time.

Good purchase

from Rialto, CA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

This is pretty much exactly what I expected when I bought it: a better-than-average representative of the cheaper drink blenders. I bought this one rather than the cheaper ones because it's possible to get replacement cups and blades for it and I do lose things, not because I expected it to be strong/faster/better than its competition.
        It's not super powerful. It doesn't even handle my frozen strawberries well right out of the freezer, and I certainly wouldn't give it normal-sized ice cubes. (After it failed to fully process the frozen strawberries, I didn't even bother trying ice.) I also haven't tried it with anything without liquid, so I don't know how it would do for grinding or pureeing. I would probably use other tools for those purposes. But for shakes, fresh fruit, half-thawed frozen fruit, and similar things, it does a fine job.However, when it came to do it my bulletproof coffee- I am still unsure. I leaks 2/5 times I make my coffee. I will see in another week if I decide to keep it or not.

Great smoothie maker

from Monroe NC

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Powerful
        • Precise Control
        • Stable

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

Magic Bullet is so amazing..It makes the greatest smoothies.. It may cost more but you get what you pay for.. Fast easy to use and clean up.. Just add your ingredients and in a matter of seconds you have a incredible smoothie and read to walk out the door..Easy as ABC and 123.. You will not regret buying it at all.

Very useful

from Columbus OH

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Powerful

• Cooking

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

Love Magic bullet for daily use, i use it to grind onions, tomatoes and spices
            only thing is the safety rubber breaks easily with daily use and the blade broke and i had to replace it twice so far

This blender is great, chops, blends well, nice size

from San Antonio, Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
            • Good Pitcher
            • Powerful
            • Precise Control
            • Stable

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

It chops veggies for easy salsa making saving you time, it blends everything really well no more chunks of food only if you like that way of course, great for only doing portion sizes. I really like it!

It's ok

from Chicago

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• Not Powerful

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I use this to make my smoothies in the morning. I've noticed that it doesn't blend things that are t frozen well. For the price it wasn't bad but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

I would buy again

from Muncie IN

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
              • Powerful
              • Precise Control
              • Stable

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I love my magic bullet! It helps me eat healthier. I use it for smoothies with veggies and fruits.

Light duty

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
                • Good Pitcher
                • Powerful
                • Stable

Cons

• Noisy

• Large Kitchen

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

Comes with a wide variety of containers and blades for crushing, blending, grating, and chopping. The NutriBullet is good but it is definitely noisy. I use this for protein shakes, grating cheese, smoothies, and chicken salad mixing. This will help with the task but it will not replace the big blender. I would recommend for light use but not heavy duty.

I would buy again and again.

from Veedersburg, Indiana

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher

Cons

• Unstable

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

Just turn the thing upside down and hold down so simple to use.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great blender

from Houston tx

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
                • Powerful

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I use my magic bullet mainly for. Smoothies and I have to say it works really well. Also great for mixed drinks also.
                  You can also use it to mix or grind spices..