4.1
Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System

Read 1,007 Reviews

Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System

4.1

Pros

• Easy to clean (12)
  • Good power output (8)
  • Good pitcher (6)
  • Stable (6)
  • Precise control (5)

Cons

• Not powerful (3)

• Drinks (10)
  • Small kitchen (6)
  • Crushing ice (4)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (10), Avid cook (3)

Biting the Bullet with the Magic Bullet Mixer

A couple of Christmases ago my husband was given an *enormous* package wrapped by his father-in-law. When he opened it, we found the **Magic Bullet Food Processor**. My FIL explained that he had ordered one for himself, and as a part of the "deal" he had received a second one, including all the little gadgets and cups, for free and he wanted Jay to have it. At first I was rather unimpressed, but then I saw my FIL show my husband a demo of the processor on their countertop. Within a few moments I could see the value this product would bring to our home. **About the Magic Bullet Food Processor** This is a bullet-shaped food processor, that's compact and fits easily on a countertop. The compact footprint alone is one good reason to at least consider the Magic Bullet, but there are other interesting features to note as well. The Magic Bullet "system" that we were given for Christmas came with a number of very useful pieces. The "brains" of the whole product is the power base, which is the bottom half that plugs in, contains the motor, and provides the horsepower for everything else. Additionally we received two types of blade bases, a cross blade and a flat blade. We mostly use the cross blade for everything that we blend or pulse on the Magic Bullet. The Magic Bullet website advertises that the cross blade is for chopping, grating and blending foods (your cheeses, frozen drinks, etc.) while the flat blade whips creams and grinds up hard stuff like spices or coffee beans. We received a number of cups to screw onto the top of the blade bases. We have a single tall cup, with no handle. And a single short cup, also with no handle. In addition, we also received four additional cups with handles that the website refers to as "party mugs". Basically these are tall cups with handles and color-coded rings that you can screw on the top to make a mug to drink out of. The color-coded rings are useful if you're serving mixed drinks and everyone wants to keep track of which drinks are theirs. Finally, the kit we received contained shaker/steamer tops for using with grated cheese and suchlike, and two resealable lids that you can screw on to any of the cups, to keep whatever you've got in the cup fresh for storage.  The kit is great, but we chucked the tops and lids lids into a drawer when we brought the system home and haven't touched them since. **Uses For and *Using* The Magic Bullet** Okay, so we received this as a gift, and right when we unwrapped it I thought it was junk, but after seeing a demo from my FIL, I was sold. Why? Simple: My husband is a marathon runner and a weight lifter. The man drinks a *lot* of shakes, protein-based and otherwise. Once I saw how easily and quickly the Magic Bullet processed things, I was thrilled to bring it home. On a weekly basis, we use the Magic Bullet at least 5 out of 7 days. Some weeks we use it every day. Mostly my husband uses it for blending up shakes, and it does this function *wonderfully* and without complaint. Other things that we use the Magic Bullet for include making marinades and sauces for meat and fish. We make several meals each week that involve marinating steak or chicken, or making a sauce for a light fish such as tilapia. No matter what we're making, using the Magic Bullet couldn't be easier. When I *completely* clean the kitchen from top to bottom, I store the Magic Bullet base in a cabinet, but otherwise we leave the base out on the counter. It's unobtrusive in our kitchen, taking up about the space of a drinking glass. To use the Magic Bullet, you fill one of the cups (tall or small, or the drinking mugs) with the ingredients you want to blend up. You screw on a base (as I mentioned in our case, almost always the cross-blade base) and then you invert the pieces and drop them into the Magic Bullet blender base. You can simply push down to "pulse" your blending action, or if you want heavy-duty blending action you can twist the base just a fraction until it catches under the lip and puts enough pressure on to keep the blender going until you untwist it. When we're done, we pull up the base and cup, unscrew the blending base, toss it into the sink and use whatever's in the cup. Washing the blending base is as simple as running it under hot water with a soapy sponge. The Magic Bullet website advertises that the bases are dishwasher safe, but we have never used them for anything that left enough residue to warrant a run through a dishwasher. If we blended a drink or a shake, we then just screw on one of the color-coded lids. If we blended a marinade or a sauce, we just pour it into wherever it's final destination would be and toss the blending cup into the sink as well. If we get backed up on the cups tossed in the sink, we wash it in the dishwasher on the top shelf with no problem. Otherwise, again it's a quick rinse with a soapy sponge and into the drainer half of the sink area. One thing that the folks at Magic Bullet advertise is this product's ability to be a compact, easy-to-use "food processor". I don't agree with that assessment. If you'll notice, we primarily use the product for its "blending" capabilities. We have tried the product as a food processor for salsas and other items that required more complex structural integrity beyond just "slamming everything together in a liquid" and we found that the Magic Bullet simply came up short. It seemed to liquify salsas, and wasn't very good with egg salad either. If you need a daily, compact "food processor" solution I would recommend looking elsewhere. But if you're looking to blend things into an unidentifiable pulp nearly every single day, this is your device! **Magic Bullet Reliability** I have read complaints about the reliability of the Magic Bullet. One major complaint that I do see some concern about is that surrounding the rubber gaskets that seat in the blender bases. I know there are other complaints, but this is the only one for which I have some concern, because our overall blender base is working just fine. When you get your Magic Bullet you get a handful of these white-ish rubber gaskets to put into the blender base. They're simple things, little small circles of rubber that keep things from spewing everywhere. In the first three months we went through one of four, that I believe came with our kit. This, to me, indicates that they are somewhat "disposable" and will require replacement on a regular basis. Since then, we haven't had any others go bad, but this is my major concern with the Magic Bullet. When you go to the website and see their list of "What You Get" with your system, no mention of these gaskets is made. There is also, so far as I can tell, no way to order more gaskets, and *only* the gaskets online, or to purchase them in stores. This is a problem, in my opinion. I have not yet contacted Magic Bullet about this problem, but if we run out of gaskets and I need to, I will update this review with the company's response. **Speaking of Reliability, All About the Warranty** The Magic Bullet comes with a one year limited warranty, and an additional four year warranty that is also limited. I have not contacted Homeland Housewares about needing extra gaskets, so they may or may not be covered by the warranty. For full details on the exact warranty specifications, plug this site URL into your web browser: **http://www.buythebullet.com/warranty.php** I have not personally had to contact Homeland Housewares for warranty service, so I'm not certain how well or poorly they abide by their warranty, or how good a job their customer service department does in responding. **Cat's Bottom Line**This was one of our favorite Christmas gifts last year, because the Magic Bullet makes blending things easy. We have a very nice blender that we received for our wedding, but we never pull it out because this is such a compact, easy-to-use alternative. My husband particularly likes this product for blending up his shakes after his workout, and I like it for blending up marinades and sauces for our meals at home. This product *isn't* the answer to everything, in spite of what the website and commercials on television might have you believe, but it is an amazing blender that's very compact and works well. I have rated the product four stars, because in my experience the rubber gaskets that come with the product will eventually need to be replaced, and I don't see that the company has provided a good replacement or purchasing program for these simple pieces. If they get on the ball with figuring out how to make replacement gaskets easily accessible to the customer, I would recommend them more highly. Regardless, if you're looking for a blending solution in your kitchen, that takes up very little space and is very easy to use, I certainly recommend the Magic Bullet Food Processor. **Company Information Homeland Housewares Website: http://www.buythebullet.com/ E-mail: customerservice@homelandhousewares.com Phone: 1-866-4HOMELAND **

Magic Bullet Express is a handy kitchen tool.

The Magic Bullet Express is an innovative and convenient small kitchen appliance. It is basically a miniature food processor, and it comes with its own storage and serving attachments. I bought it because I have an 11 month old son who has had difficulty eating solid foods. He went to a specialist and it turns out he just doesn't like packaged baby food because it lacks flavor! So now I can serve him everything the rest of my family eats by putting it in the Magic Bullet for a few seconds and pureeing it (just add a little water so the mixture is not too thick). It has definitely been helpful in this capacity, but I do wish I found myself using it more often for the price I paid. I like to get my money's worth out of a product, but I am hoping that the longer I have it in my kitchen the more uses I will find for it. It comes with a cookbook but I haven't had an opportunity to try any of the recipes yet. I am confident that it was a good purchase, though.

Love this Product

from Mebane, NC

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful
  • Stable

• Smoothies

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I love this bullet to make smoothies. It's fast and powerful. I used it so much that it started smelling like smoke and all I did was called the company and they replaced it without any hassle. I would be buying this product again if I needed too.

Have owned this for years!

from san diego, ca

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Stable

• Cooking

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I have a small kitchen, and this machine is awesome because it is so small. I make smoothies out of it, and it's perfect because i can use the same cup to mix and to drink out of. I also make salsa out of it, and it comes out great. As long as you rinse it and wash it right away, it is super easy to clean, otherwise everything will harden and stick to it.

Great 1-2 person blender

from Lynnwood, WA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher

Cons

• Unstable

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I've been using the Magic Bullet for occasional blending for the past few months, and overall I've been very impressed. I would prefer to have more control over speed (it only has one setting), however it has easily blended everything I've tossed in so far (usually fruits/veggies for juice and smoothies). The best part of the Bullet for me is how easy it is to clean. Most of the time, a quick rinse is all the lid/blade needs, and the plastic "top" can be thrown in the dishwasher. Easy! However it is important to remember to lift the rubber lining of the lid once every few uses and clean underneath, or else it's prone to developing mold. Overall, I'd highly recommend the Magic Bullet for individuals and/or couples who are making 1-2 drinks at a time. If you want to make more than that at once, a larger blender would definitely be your best bet.

Best product for most of the things

from Austin ,TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• Hard to Clean
      • Not Powerful

• Cooking

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

Love the product for regular cooking.Not good for bulk cooking

Great smoothies

from Wakefield Mi

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Powerful
      • Precise Control

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I use this to make smoothies. It's great for personal use.

Not as I had hoped

from Raleigh, NC

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• Hard to Clean
          • Not Powerful

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I have used this off and on for four years but have permanently taken a break from the bullet. I love to make purees to work into my recipes as an easy way to add veggies. This product is does not seem to do purees. I steam all veggies before pureeing and also add a bit of water. The veggies still get stuck and only half of the veggies (if even that) get pureed. This seems the same for anything I attempt to make with the bullet. Without bruising my hand or shaking to no end there seems no way to get all of the contents processed.

Good companion

from Outside US

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
            • Powerful
            • Precise Control
            • Stable

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

Now, this is one blender on steroids. It can grind just about anything into a fine paste. I like how it is detachable, it allows me to be able to wash everywhere thoroughly and be able to remove leftovers that are skuck in tight areas.
              I really value that attribute because I am an avid cleaner, especially when it comes to kitchen equipments.

It has different parts and each part is designed to meet your blending needs. These parts can blend different types of food items, ranging from very soft to very hard, and the result is always good.

You get a good value for your money, I can't exactly pack it in a travel bag and take it on a camping trip, the many different parts makes it cumbersome and it occupies considerable space on the kitchen table. It cannot blend very large volumes at the same time. You have to scoop it in and blend in batches, and that can be time consuming depending on the quantity you are blending. Then one has to be careful not to drop the jug because it might crack. It is not very cheap, but it will always come in handy.

Magic Bullet Review

from Austin, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
              • Good Pitcher
              • Powerful
              • Precise Control
              • Stable

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I absolutely love my Magic Bullet. I use it every morning to make smoothies or shakes for breakfast. It is a really quick and easy way to have a very healthy morning meal. The clean up is really simple as well, which also helps out during the hectic morning hours. I can either quick rinse out or just switch out lids and bring with me as I drive to work. I use this atleast once a day. It is really great at crushing ice and frozen pieces of fruit. The blender is very precise and easy to use. You can either hold it down or let it run on its own. I like to hold it down so I can see when the blending was done. 100% recommend.

Easy Breezy Bullet

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
                • Good Pitcher
                • Precise Control
                • Stable

Cons

• Not Powerful

• Smoothies

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I love my bullet. It's so easy to use for little things like a drink or smoothie. Although, I haven't used the bullet for anything other than smoothies I believe it has the power to chop and/or blend ingredients. The only con about the bullet is that it takes a while for hard ingredients to be crushed. I often find small chunks of ice in my smoothies because they didn't get mixed in.

Great for Healthy Drinks!

from Aransas Pass, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Storage
                • Easy To Clean
                • Good Pitcher
                • Powerful
                • Precise Control
                • Stable

• Healthy Smoothies

Comments about Magic Bullet High Speed Blender Mixing System:

I simply LOVE my magic bullet!

If you have read my previous reviews, you already know that I work crazy hours and I'm constantly searching for a convenient way to enjoy meals on the go without giving up taste. Why the magic bullet? Although there are endless uses for the bullet, I had one thing in mind when I bought it. I realized that my weight was becoming a major health issue, and it was time to find alternate ways to eating healthier "on the go" without compromising taste or breaking my bank. I enjoy home cooked meals without all the fuss, but sometimes I'm running hard with this hectic work schedule and have little time at home. That's where the magic bullet came in! With this gadget I have been able to prepare and drink a healthy smoothie on my way out of the door and it takes only seconds to prepare.

I keep an extra magic bullet in my office. It is compact, fits easily in a drawer, and the cleanup is so easy! Rinse, dry, and place back in the drawer! I keep frozen fruits in our office freezer for those 2pm snack attacks. A little almond milk, some berries, and powdered protein is all it takes to keep me out of the vending machines.

The blades are strong and have a great crushing ability. I've seen similar products that offer the same results, but they are more expensive. Why pay more if you can get the same results at a savings? My husband enjoys using the magic bullet to grind coffee beans. Nothing beats freshly ground coffee every morning! We use our magic bullet at least once a day in our home. We even use it to blend fresh vegetables into a creamy consistency of baby food for my granddaughter.

This gadget saves me time in the mornings, because I use the many containers it came with to pre-plan a healthy breakfast smoothie. I load every one of those with the measured fruits and veggies and then place them in the refrigerator. In the morning, all I do is pour my coconut or almond milk with my protein powder in there and blend. Fast! Fast! Fast! There's no excuse to not eating breakfast anymore.

Again, there are other uses for the magic bullet, but for my household we primarily use it for grinding up coffee beans and making smoothies. I have a juicer too, but I hate that I end up throwing away all of the healthy pulp. Currently, that thing sits at the top shelf of my pantry gathering dust. I should probably put that out at the next yard sale, because it was a waste of money.

So what about leafy vegetables? I have used the magic bullet for healthy green juices and it does pretty well with crushing and cutting down the greens such as kale, spinach, etc. The problem is that the leafy blends are of a thick consistency, because it doesn't break it down as fast. For me, it's okay though. I just add water and it's good to know that nothing goes to waste.

I've had my magic bullet for about two years now. I bought one for my mom, my sister, and my oldest daughter. Definitely a great buy!