Other GPS Devices:
Maestro 3200
Magellan Portable GPS Navigator

Magellan Portable GPS Navigator

You gotta have it! The Magellan Maestro 3200 GPS

The Magellan Maestro 3200 car GPS is a great device. It was my first GPS and I searched for months doing comparisons on the internet. It has great maps, that guide you through even complicated round abouts with great accuracy. I never knew I needed a GPS, but now I don't leave the garage without it, even in my own town. I like this one because as GPS' go, it wasn't expensive, yet had all the features I needed, without having to subscribe to a monthly service. I have taken it over nearly 20,000 miles in a year's time, and it has been wonderful in strange towns. Great to be able to see how roads are laid out in front of you when in a strange town after dark. Finding that house with no numbers, or the street with no sign is so simple now. I loved mine so much I bought several for family members for Xmas last year. My daughter can now get around Atlanta even though half the streets are named Peach Street! She can avoid nasty traffic tie ups with the detour function. My parents in Florida can find new doctors offices without worry (the streets change names there from block to block). My brother in the pool cleaning business can find new clients addresses, or avoid construction using the detour function to find an alternate route. We have all become quite dependant on these. It has helped me find many an unmarked scout camp out in Timbuktu! I love when I am on a freeway I can easily see if the exits ahead have gas, food or lodging using the Points of Interest function. It has a great address book where you can add your own friends phone numbers, even holds favorites. The search function is handy if you want to find what's close to you, even provides a business' phone number if you need to call ahead. This baby is a must have if you drive at all.

Not sure how I lived without a GPS....

The Magellan - Maestro is a pretty good GPS system. I have had one for a few months now. For the most part, the directions are easy to follow. I have had some times when it has taken me in another direction  or even to a different location. Be sure to have a general idea of where you are going with the Magellan so that you quickly tell if you are going the wrong way. The dash board mount can be a hassle at times and I have to keep it plugged in all the time. When it is not plugged in the battery runs down quickly. Not sure why, but when you enter that you want hotels to show up along your route, only about 1/2 of the hotels along the route show up. I would say this product is only about 75% reliable. I have event thought about purchasing another system to see if it is better than the Magellan. I love the concept of a GPS and it definitely makes it easy to travel. I just wish it was more reliable.

Can't travel without it!

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

I love this so much I "stole" it from my husband after I got it for him as a gift :D I'm not great with directions so now I have peace of mind where ever I go. I love how it talks to me, turn by turn, so I never have to take my eyes off the road. It easily re routes to adjust for a missed turn or exit.

• Processing Speed:
  • Map Quality & Accuracy:

Magellan waits until you've missed your turn:(

from Waukesha, WI

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

The Magellan is ok, basically that's it. In a roundabout way, it does navigate you to your destination, but many times the LONG route.

Many times, it does not signal your turn until AFTER you should have made one:(

Great little device a real essential for road trips

from Katy, TX

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

I went on a road trip to the Grande Canyon last year, never got lost never had to turn around and go back. This little device got us there and back without delay and we made excellent time.

The device displayed stops along the way such as lodging, gas, food, store etc. These were pretty important features, because we were trying to minimize the stops going to our destination.

When I received it and after getting updates from my computer I turned it on and it displayed my home address as the start point, all i had to do was key in the destination and the route i wanted to take....you know ...fastest, fastest via tollways etc,  it starts to guide you from that point on.

You can turn it off and not have to reset it when you turn it back on. I love it

There were little dings of approval when you kept on the right track.

good GPS

from Edmond, OK

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

we had this GPS for more than 3 years now and we did not have any problems. The system is not complicated at all it's very easy to manage. the voice of the women is clear, and the volume is easily adjustable. the screen is a very good size, you can clearly see the map. the information given while driving is very clear you barely need to look at the screen to know wich way to go, it tell you wich exit to take 2 miles before you arrive at the exit.

the price of this Gps is very reasonable and a lot cheaper than other brands for the same quality. we are so happy with this device.

an accurate GPS device

from Waterford, MI

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

I dislike reading maps because they confuse me so I bought myself a Magellan Maestro GPS. It works very well for me because I am required to travel many times during the week for my job. I always used to get lost before I bought this GPS but now, it is an enjoyable experience for me to travel. The GPS screen is easy for me to see in the daylight and at night as well. It has a nice touch screen that is very responding and it is easy to use. I like that I am able to charge my gps in the car while I drive and use it at the same time. The GPS is sleek and very slim as well. The GPS keeps track of my most frequent areas that I travel to and it also has an easy to read screen. The maps on the GPS are up to date and recent. When I drive, this GPS does not fall onto the car floor because it secures tightly to the dashboard or the window. Though it is very expensive, it is worth the cost and it is accurate too.

the magellan maestro 3200 is user friendly and quite accurate.

from Bulger, PA

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

Want to circumnavagate the globe, then  sail with Magellan.

The magellan  maestro  is one of the easiest most accurate gps systems  I have  ever had.  It is user  friendly.  The directions for use  are easy to follow, and the directions  for  travel are very good.I would recommend  this affordable  priced system to anyone.

It makes traveling a breeze.

from Hooksett, NH

Pros

Cons

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

Love this product.  It makes traveling a breeze. I don't know how I was able to live without a navigation device and I hope that I would never again have to live without one.  Great buy.  They work very well.  My GPS is compact but it has just as many features as the large models.  I carry it most place and it is compact enough to just drop in my hand bag when traveling. The features are awesome.  My Magellan gives me several different routes to your destination.  You just touch the chose route with the touch of the screen. I got mine in a combo pack equip with the window mounting device and online updates.  It came equip with food, gas, and shopping attractions loaded.  It is easy to use and to navigate on the large bright touch-tone screen.   The voice guidance is very clear and it gives you plenty of warning before your approach you destination. If you go off route it finds your destination and it quickly instructs you back on the right path.  Love it.

I would definitely recommend this product for it awesome performance, great quality and good price.  Great price, great quality.

Awesome- it's the "house" GPS

from New Ipswich, NH

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

I absolutely LOVE my Magellan Maestro GPS! And so do my roommates. I don't keep it in my car anymore, it stays in the kitchen by the keys so that anybody can use it when they need it. I've used it several times. I went on a vacation to Las Vegas and never had to ask anybody for directions even once. I had shopped around a bit before I bought it, but found Magellan to be the best bang for my buck. I knew I definitely made the right decision.

Magellan Maestro 3200 helps keep me on the right path!

from Magnolia, TX

Pros

Cons

Comments about Magellan Portable GPS Navigator:

I am so directionally challenged!!!  It took me 4 weeks to find my way to my new home without using my Magellan!  The Maestro 3200 is easy to use and thus far has kept me from getting lost!  Definitely a must have to all directionally illiterate people!

Not sure how I lived without a GPS....

from Alexandria, MN