View more travel systems

Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System Stroller

Love my Maclaren

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System Stroller:

The title says it all. This has been one of the best purchases I have ever made. It's light weight, easy to steer and super easy to close. I wouldn't giveup this stroller for anything. My brother had one when he was born 1993 and it lasted until 2002 after my youngest brother out grew it. The moment I knew I was pregnant I told my husband this was the stroller we were getting. We saved up for it and a few weeks after my son was born in 2007 we bought it. My daughter currently uses it. I love the five point harness. It makes me feel comfortable about how secure they are in the stroller. I can throw it in the trunk of the car and it takes up hardly any room. Great to use at theme parks. You are able to move around quickly and without getting in anyones way. The Maclaren is so easy to fold up. All you need is a couple of seconds, your foot and boom it's closed. My sister is pregnant and wanted a travel system I told her that was a waste of money and that the Maclaren is worth every penny.

Maclaren Techo XLR Stroller - the ONE to buy!

from Longmeadow, MA

Comments about Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System Stroller:

In my almost 5 years of having a child, I've owned four strollers. Knowing what I know now? I'd only have purchased this one! This is the multi-tasker of cadillac strollers. It does everything, and it does everything WELL! Starting from day one with a newborn, the stroller comes with an adaptor bar so you can set the infant carseat right into it. No need to take the baby out of his/her carseat, or limit them to a reclined position as you would in a pram-style stroller. At about six months of age, they can be strapped into the stroller front-facing as they've now got enough head support. The straps are super-easy to fasten and unfasten, and the amount of padding and plushness of this stroller are amazing. It's even got a head support that attaches through the straps. The foot strap location is perfect for a growing toddler, and we are still able to fit a 4-year-old tall boy in it! For traveling, nothing could be better. The techno folds in about 3 seconds, fastens, and can be gate-checked very easily. I would recommend this stroller to absolutely anyone looking for quality and not wanting to buy more than one stroller!

Wouldn't trade it for anything else!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System Stroller:

This is the best stroller ever!  My neighbor recommended the Maclaren brand to me after she had purchased hers.  Since out son was not born yet, I did my research and decided to purchase this one as my main stroller system.  It's light-weight compact design was one of the biggest draws to this stroller.  I drive a Civic that doesn't have a lot of trunk space; therefore a compact stroller was a must.  This stroller fits perfectly in my car, and leaves room for the groceries.  Plus, this stroller is one of the elite in the Maclaren line; it is larger in width and can support a child for a larger weight and size.  Even compared to my neighbors Maclaren, this was is larger and MUCH nicer!

I loved the fact that in the beginning I was able to use the converter bar to snap in his car seat and go.  And now that my son has grown out of that car seat, I can still use this one.  It came with extra padding that I was able to put down for extra cushion and comfort.

The only drawback was that it doesn't offer cup holders for the parents or child; however I found an awesome screw on cup-holder that fits perfectly.  I bought one for my son and one for myself.

AWESOME! Mclaren=Quality!

from Menasha, WI

Comments about Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System Stroller:

This isn't our exact stroller, but I think my review applies. We have the Techno XT, it is not a part of a travel system, but otherwise seems very similar to this XLR.

We purchased this stroller when our youngest son was born (he's now 5 years old).  I wanted a slim stroller that was sturdy and easy to fold down. I got what I wanted! We now have our 4th child and are using the same exact stroller! And it still looks brand new! This stroller has traveled with us on an airplane 7 times and has been used frequently for 5 years! We have not had any problems with parts breaking or wearing down. I like how the harness can be 5 point or 3 point and that the harness is high adjustable.

The basket is nice sized, although not accessible when the seat is reclined.  The seat of the XT does not fold completely flat, but this has never been a problem for us.  The sun canopy is awesome! It unzips for further sun protection and can almost fully cover the seated child.

This stroller is so durable! It's so worth the extra money to get a quality stroller the first time around!

Maclaren Techno XLR Stroller - best ever!

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Maclaren Techno XLR Travel System Stroller:

I love this stroller! I spent a lot of time researching different strollers and different brands and reading tons of reviews. I chose to buy this one because I was looking first and foremost for a light stroller that would fold down pretty small. I had a regular stroller with my first baby that was part of travel system type of a stroller and I never used it because it was too inconvenient to pull in and out of the trunk of the car. The other reason I chose this one is because it is rated to a maximum heavier weight than most stroller, so we'll be able to use it longer. Also it has a car seat attachment bar, so I can also just snap in the infant car seat if I wish.

I have been using this stroller for 9 months now, and absolutely love it! It turns super smoothly, I can open a door myself and push the stroller through all at the same time by myself! It's very light, and so convenient, I use it all the time. It reclines completely, so it's safe for infants, and it's also cushy and comfy.

I did get the attachments for the folding joint part since the Maclaren recall, and they work fine. They don't look bad, they're hardly noticable.