View more laptops

MSI Notebook PC

3 out of 5

from Valley Village, CA

Comments about MSI Notebook PC:

Mostly its ok to deal with at its price level but the sound is terrible even compared to my 6 year old Compaq laptop !!! Wish they could get an upgrade for it. The battery gave out within a few months. They ultimately replaced it but as soon as I got it back it started shutting down on me. So send it back again. They replaced the fan and cooling cover. It does get very hot when being used for a while. I will get an HP next time.

Great little laptop

from Warrensburg, MO

Comments about MSI Notebook PC:

I got this MSI after my Toshiba bit the dust after 2 years. I have had this for about 4 months and have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. I had not heard of MSI before I purchased this but I can't complain at all. I love the numeric keypad on the side that makes the keyboard feel closer to a desktop. That is a really big help. You just have to get used to your hands being shifted over a bit further than on a regular keyboard. But it's not a big deal after a few uses. The mouse bar also took a bit to get used to. It's one full bar instead of divided like a normal mouse. This computer is super fast and does everything I want and more. I have thousands of pictures on here and it can hold so much more. I don't think I have or even ever will use the full scope of what this computer can probably do. It is lightweight and very sleek. I really couldn't ask for more in a computer. Especially after getting it for such a great price.

Perfect so far

Comments about MSI Notebook PC:

I haven't had any problems with this msi whatsoever. I love the smooth striped cover and the chiclet keyboard. I got a great deal on it, especially considering that it has the Intel Core i5-430M processor. The hard drive is reasonably sized at 320gb, there's 4gb of ddr3 memory, intel integrated graphics, and a 15.6 wxga led panel.I haven't had any lag when using any applications like Adobe Photoshop or Sony Vegas. It doesn't come with webcam software, and if I remember correctly I believe it comes with its wireless function disabled. This is easily remedied by pressing Fn and F8. It would have been nice to have a Home and End key that doesn't require pressing Fn, but its not too big of a deal.

The speakers are not the greatest. When I play videos are listen to music, it does not get very loud. This is very annoying, and I guess one can buy separate speakers if he/she really wanted to increase the volume, but I guess it's not really necessary. Also I see green blotches all the time when watching online streaming videos. I found that the problem was that I needed to update my graphics driver. Just go to the msi website and find the driver that you're looking for. I recommend this laptop to all users.

Perfect selection for Graphic Designers - MSI A6200-021US

from Holiday, FL

Comments about MSI Notebook PC:

I absolutely fell in love with this laptop when I first set my eyes on it.  I ejoyed the fact that it was energy star rated, and that it was what I was looking for.  It was affordable to boot, which was really great.  This laptop plays games smoothly, and also runs multiple programs well.  Right now I have Photoshop, Firefox, Steam, Skype, and MSN running.  I am not lagging at all.  It is a great computer for doing multiple tasks, and even though I am on it for multiple hours in a day it continues to run smoothly.  Another great aspect of this computer is the number pad on the side.  It is a little difficult to get used to, but is very helpful, especially if the laptop isn't right in front of you.  I also really love that the computer itself is attractive, with a nice keyboard and a lovely line pattern.  The chiclet keyboard feels good on my fingers, and unlike my old keyboard, I do not get sore in my wrist after using it for a long time.  Overall I would reccomened this laptop to anyone and everyone.