Other Coffee Makers:
Mr. Coffee
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP
Rca_2013_normal

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP

Pros

• Easy to use (16)
  • Brews quickly (14)
  • Large pot (14)
  • Easy to clean (13)
  • Durable (12)

Cons

• Limited features (5)

• Everyday (17)
  • Home (12)
  • Short trips / weekends (9)
  • Office (8)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (12), Coffee aficionado (4)

Good Basic Coffee Maker

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker isn't, by any stretch of the imagination, a fancy coffee maker. It has a clock and timer to schedule brew time. But for a basic coffee maker, it is fine.

Brew Performance
The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker does a fine job of brewing coffee. Of course, it takes some tweaking to learn how much coffee to use for the coffee to come out to your taste, but once you know, it is a reliable cup of coffee.

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker is quite easy to clean. The basket is completely removable, so it can be washed easily in the sink. The rest of the machine is easy to wipe down with a damp sponge. The pot is glass and easily cleaned in the sink as well.

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker is pretty much self-explanatory. It is very easy to set up and use.

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker has the same problem as most coffee pots, if you tip it too far when pouring, the coffee spills down the front. When the pot is very full, it is difficult to pour, as you have to pour very slowly to keep it from spilling. Other than that, the coffee maker is designed pretty well. It would be better if it had a thermal carafe instead of the glass pot. I use a carafe I have from an old coffee maker, because if you leave the coffee on the burner to stay warm, it gets charred and strong. By the time the auto-shutdown works in 2 hours, the coffee in undrinkable.

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker is fairly durable. The pot, of course, is easily broken, so you have to use care when handling, but generally, the coffee maker is pretty durable.

Good while it lasts

This machine was easy to clean and the coffee was great for a bargain appliance. However, once it started to go ithad a very strange, protracted finale. First it started making a very loud banging noise when it wasbrewing. I checked the pump seal and couldn't see anything obvious that as wrong with it. Then the amount of coffee I got in relation to the water put in grew less and less. I tend to use things until they are 100% shot so I still stuck with it until I yielded two cups of coffee per 8 cups of water (which, of course, tasted terrible). All in all, I had this machine for long enough that it did it's job well for its price point. If you are looking for something inexpensive to use a few years the this is a good, not great, machine. I did end up spending more for my new coffee maker in the hopes of better durability and more choices for brew strength, programming, etc.

Great coffee maker

from Reading, Pa

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I NEED MY 5 cups everyday! This coffee maker is great for 12cups. Great price and great company. Brews coffee fast and does its job.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best Coffee Pot EVER!!!

from Lansing, MI

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I've had a lot of coffee pots in 13 years and this is by far my favorite!!!!

dependable coffee

from hot springs, ar

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Use

Cons

• Hard To Clean
    • Limited Features
    • Loud

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

Very dependable coffee maker. I get the same pot every time. I dropped the brewing part of the coffee maker twice while moving and it still working so very durable as well. Its a little on the loud side and not so easy to clean but for the price it is well worth it!

Best Coffee Maker for the Price

from Knoxville TN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Multiple Settings

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

Mr Coffee has been around for many years and I have always bought it with confidence. This time is not different. The only reason I had to replace my old Mr Coffee 12 cup was because my grandson knocked the glass carafe off the counter and it broke. While I know I could contact them and get a new one, instead I went and got this one and I am so glad I did. I have always loved these and probably will always buy Mr Coffee products for my family and myself.

Love this coffee maker!

from Glendale, NY

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Clean
      • Large Pot

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I loved my coffee maker! The pot was a great size, brewed super quickly and very easy to clean. I never had a problem with this machine. I only replaced it because I broke the pot when I dropped it.

Easy to use

from Biddeford, me

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Large Pot
        • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Limited Features
        • Long Brew Time
        • Loud

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

This is a great coffee pot for those who like coffee simple as it is. If you like lattes and cappuccinos you should look elsewhere as there are limited options. Holds a lot of coffee and is extremely easy to use, clean and program. It is a little loud near the end of brewing.

one of the best !

from Avondale Az

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Large Pot

Cons

• Limited Features

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I have used this Coffee Pot literally everyday now for almost a year and never have had any problems at all . One of the best !

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great Coffee

from Elyria, OH

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Large Pot

Cons

• Limited Features

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

Good coffee pot for the price. Coffee tastes excellent in this pot and I LOVE coffee!

I️ would purchase this product again and again.

from Statesboro Ga

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Large Pot
        • Multiple Settings

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I️ use this pot everyday, sometimes 2 &3 times a day. Very fast at performance and I️ love the fact that i can stop it mid brew.

My first love

from Deltona fl

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Durable
          • Easy To Clean
          • Easy To Use
          • Large Pot
          • Multiple Settings

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I use this product everyday. The best part is you can get it ready the day before and have it automatically brew in the mornings for you with a quick programming. This coffee maker lasted me forever! One of my best coffee makers I ever purchased.