Other Coffee Makers:
Mr. Coffee
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP
Rca_2013_normal

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP

Pros

• Easy to use (5)
  • Brews quickly (4)
  • Durable (4)
  • Easy to clean (4)
  • Large pot (4)

• Everyday (5)
  • Home (5)
  • Office (3)
  • Short trips / weekends (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (3)

Good Basic Coffee Maker

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker isn't, by any stretch of the imagination, a fancy coffee maker. It has a clock and timer to schedule brew time. But for a basic coffee maker, it is fine.

Brew Performance
The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker does a fine job of brewing coffee. Of course, it takes some tweaking to learn how much coffee to use for the coffee to come out to your taste, but once you know, it is a reliable cup of coffee.

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker is quite easy to clean. The basket is completely removable, so it can be washed easily in the sink. The rest of the machine is easy to wipe down with a damp sponge. The pot is glass and easily cleaned in the sink as well.

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker is pretty much self-explanatory. It is very easy to set up and use.

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker has the same problem as most coffee pots, if you tip it too far when pouring, the coffee spills down the front. When the pot is very full, it is difficult to pour, as you have to pour very slowly to keep it from spilling. Other than that, the coffee maker is designed pretty well. It would be better if it had a thermal carafe instead of the glass pot. I use a carafe I have from an old coffee maker, because if you leave the coffee on the burner to stay warm, it gets charred and strong. By the time the auto-shutdown works in 2 hours, the coffee in undrinkable.

The Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker is fairly durable. The pot, of course, is easily broken, so you have to use care when handling, but generally, the coffee maker is pretty durable.

Good while it lasts

This machine was easy to clean and the coffee was great for a bargain appliance. However, once it started to go ithad a very strange, protracted finale. First it started making a very loud banging noise when it wasbrewing. I checked the pump seal and couldn't see anything obvious that as wrong with it. Then the amount of coffee I got in relation to the water put in grew less and less. I tend to use things until they are 100% shot so I still stuck with it until I yielded two cups of coffee per 8 cups of water (which, of course, tasted terrible). All in all, I had this machine for long enough that it did it's job well for its price point. If you are looking for something inexpensive to use a few years the this is a good, not great, machine. I did end up spending more for my new coffee maker in the hopes of better durability and more choices for brew strength, programming, etc.

I would buy this again

from Livingston tx

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

Mr coffee pots last along time there very durible

I would definitely buy this product again!

from Elon, North Carolina

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I am a casual drinker, mainly when family and friends are visiting. The machine is so easy to use and the large bellied pot is perfect!

I even use it when I make my hot chocolate.

Good while it lasts

from Brunswick, ME

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use

Cons

• Short life-span

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

this product quality is good

from Noida

product quality best

Really Good machine

from TX

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Large Pot

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I purchased when i really didnt know much about coffee machines and i really didnt care about all the features that coffee machines come with. Just wanted something easy to use. This turned out to be amazing. Not only is it easy to use but I have had this for about 4 years now and its still works great.

freshest coffee around

from casper, wy

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Large Pot

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

We are avid coffee drinkers in my house. We drink it all day long! This coffee maker has provided us with the best coffee taste I have ever experienced. I love that it is so easy to clean and wash. You never get the bad coffee taste after using this coffee maker awhile. It has one con. If you brew the coffee with cold water like you are supposed to, it brews the coffee warm instead of hot. We switched it out and brew it with warm/hot water and the coffee brews steaming hot like we like it! I would recommend this coffee maker to all of my friends and family.

Good coffee maker but didn't last long

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I liked this coffee maker but it did not last as long as I was hoping. I only had it for a few years and then one day it stopped brewing. The water wasn't coming through for the coffee grounds. I could not figure out why. I was very bummed.

Brew Performance
          When it was working it brewed my coffee great. I used it everyday sometimes even twice a day.

It was super easy to clean. I would either hand wash or throw the pieces parts in the dishwasher. I would also wipe down the machine with a clorox wipe.

It was very easy to use. It was pretty self explanatory if you don't feel like reading the manual. The clock was easy to set and the programming option was easy to figure out. There's only a few buttons on there so pretty easy to figure out.

The design was nice. I liked that it was black and matched my other appliances.

It was not as durable as I had hoped for. It only lasted me like two years and then it just stopped brewing one day. It had not had any problems at all and then it just stops. Could not figure out what went wrong.

• Brew Performance:

Works greats, keeps on making great coffee!

from Crofton, MD

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

I have had the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker for years now, it has even survived the Kuerig revolution! I keep using it, makes great coffee as long as it is clean every few months. I program it for early morning fresh batch, and it is always ready, hot, and getting my day off to the right start.

Brew Performance
          Great brew, warm smooth coffee. I am potentially looking at expanding to one of the dual travel mug and pot combinations, but this coffee maker still works great!

Very easy to clean, just remove pot and watch in hot water. Run vinegar through the system every few months to keep it fresh, I have never had an issue with mold or "dirty" coffee.

Extremely simple, just fill with water and push go!

Nice sleek design, looks good on any counter top.

This coffee maker has survived three moves from State to State and out of the country, definitely durable and lasts! Even survives out of town visiting relatives!

Works well.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

It makes good coffee fairly quickly. Works well at home, or in a small office. The only drawback is that it has one of those things that shuts off the coffee stream if you remove the pot. We had ours set to brew before we woke up so we had hot fresh coffee ready to go 1st thing in the morning. If that thing gets any grinds in it at all all the hot water spills over the top of the basket along with all your coffee grinds...makes a big mess.

Have to pay special attention to the bottom gate...or the coffee overruns the top of the basket. Making a big mess instead of fresh coffee.

Programming the clock & when to start auto coffee making was not too hard. However, it makes a pot weather you remember to add the coffee & fresh water or not.

ALWAYS DEPENDABLE

from Stacy, MN

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DWX23-NP:

This could be called old faithful - no matter how many fancy - do everything but start your car coffee makers I have tried I always come back here - thought the newer ones have a shorter life than 1 I had for almost 10 years - they are easy to work and work they do. one of the only drawbacks I have found with the newer models is the decanter it tends to be a leaker when you are pouring except for very slow - this irritates my other half , my cure was to dig out my old decanter and fixed that issue - For the money you can not beat this - it does what a coffee maker should do - it brews coffee keeps it hot - has automatic turn off so you never burn your pot .

Brew Performance
          it slows a bit after a lot of use but run some vinegar through and it is good as new

ground basket removes - the rest you can easily access to wipe out - and run vinegar through and it is good to go

Guess I like things a bit more simple - put in the water put in the coffee turn it on and you have a great pot of coffee. nothing more needed.

Do not last as long as they used to but for the price you get a good few years out of them