Other Shampoos:
MG217

So far so good.

Comments about MG217 Medicated Tar Shampoo:

I have severe dandruff. I've tried quite a few different shampoos for dandruff, and psoriasis. So far I've used this twice, and seen a slight difference. I always feel the tingle of the medicine, which makes me believe it's working. Hopefully I am right. The smell isn't great, but I'd rather deal with that than an itch.

from Astoria, NY

Comments about MG217 Medicated Tar Shampoo:

MG217 Medicated Tar Shampoo

My main staple product since I started with the itchy scalp stuff as a teenager was Neutrogena T/Gel, which I would use for a few weeks until my symptoms subsided and my scalp went back to normal. A few years ago I decided coal tar was gross and that I would try other products. The T/Sal did nothing for me, as did a tea tree oil treatment and another psoriasis shampoo I tried. When I went back to the T/Gel I found that it has also stopped working for me.

This lead me finally to the MG217, which I used to have a hard time finding but now seems to be more available. The product has more of a soapy smell than the awful and telling T/Gel scent, which is so much better. It is more of a thin soapy liquid than a thick product so you have to be careful it doesn't drip out of your hand before you apply. I'll put some in the palm of my hand, then rub them together and lather into problem areas.

For now this is a treatment that is working for me. I use it only 2-3 times a week, leave it for a few, rince out.