3.8
MAC
MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades

MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades

3.8

MAC Lipglass is a great product!

This review is for the clear variety. I've used this product for several years.  I love the look it creates. It gives your lips instant depth and dimension. I can attest that it is rediculously sticky to the point where I would wear my hair in a ponytail on a windy day if I chose to wear this product. I've had it leak as well, and then only way to clean it off surfaces easily is rubbing alcohol. Aside from the annoyances, the product does what no other gloss can do. It's viscosity reflects light in way that gives your lips the full round plump look you may be in search of. It's actually rather natural looking as well, though I would kiss anyone with it on or you may be stuck that way for a while! The visual effect is especially wonderful if you have a natural hue to your lips as this really brings out that color and only adds to your natural shade. I have put on a another product underneath lipglass and some products (like cheap glittery lipgloss) will cause the products to separate causing a line of build up on your lips. If you need color, I recommend a bold waxy lipstick tube then wipe off all excess and then apply Lipglass. That should give you the "I always look this healthy" look.

Not worth the money

I heard a lot of hype over MAC and decided since nothing else stayed on my face, I would pay the extra money to see if this brand does. No soon after I applied it (maybe an hour later) the lipgloss started getting cakey on my lips and was coming off on the sides of my mouth. I had to constantly reapply it and check to make sure nothing looked gross. I did not see or feel a difference in the lipgloss or any other product of theirs. I know everyone is different, so maybe MAC is good for some people, just not me. I have yet to find a great product that stays on all day like it says. I think MAC is pretty pricey for just lipgloss, especially how small of a container it comes it. I was also fustrated that you can only get their products at certain stores, which were way out there from my house. I wish you could sample more of their products before buying (at least you can't where I live) Has anyone found this to be true too?

Shiny...

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

This MAC Lipglass lip gloss definitely makes your lips look like glass. The only downside is that it is SO sticky! I only wear this when I am sure that my hair is going to be tied back for the day. If not, my hair constantly gets stuck in the gloss on my lips. This is great gloss for a dramatic lip because of the high shine. You can layer it on top of lipstick for an added punch! If you don't mind sticky gloss, definitely go for MAC's Lipglass; it will make your lips look like a mirror!

Great product- not sticky!

from Sicklerville, NJ

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

I tried this to give a little color to my face...I don't wear a lot of make up and wanted to do the trendy, glassy look this summer.  Its great!  You have to re-apply several times per day, but it is so great and isn't stickly like many of the other glassy finishes.  I love it!

Gummy, gluey, not much fun in the wind.

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

I heard no end of amazing things about **MAC lipglass** and though I am not really a lipgloss fanatic, I figured it must be the real thing - I have never been anything but pleased by MAC cosmetics.

I like glosses to be shiny but slick and smooth whereas MAC is super tacky (I mean sticky, not tasteless. It tastes wonderful; mildly vanilla). The gloss I have is from the LE Dame Edna line. Its a cool pink with silver shimmer. The shimmer adds an odd gritty sort of feel to the gloss when I rub my lips together.

As well, because of how thick and gummy it is, after about two hours it gets less moist and more like glue. Trouble is, to reapply you have to wipe off before adding more or else the lipglue just gets thicker and glue-ier. Forget about going outside on a windy day. I have short hair and I still have a hard time keeping my hair from pasteing itself to my lips.

On the plus side, the color range is wonderful.

Long lasting, beautiful color

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

I rarely wear any kind of lipstick, or lipgloss, because it makes my lips dry, and then they crack. It's not a pretty situation. When I was getting my makeup done on my wedding day, I knew I wanted to wear *something *on my lips. My makeup artist used MAC's lipglass. It went on so smooth, and the color didn't fade, like I often noticed with lipgloss.

I did re-apply frequently, but mostly because I anticipated it wearing off, and we were taking lots of pictures, so I wanted it to look as fabulous as possible. It gave me such a polished look on my wedding day, and didn't dry out my lips!

I still wear it on occassion, i'm not a lip girl every day, just for special occassions. It has yet to let me down. Of course I need to reapply after eating, or after a few hours of wear. I highly reccommend for anyone who is looking for a conditioning lip color that stays, without fading, and doesn't leave your lips chapped.

Very Nice

from Canoga Park, CA

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

I love MAC lipglass, it is different from the others because it sticks to your lip.  I have used other products and I have learned that they run.  The price is not all that cheap but you get what you pay for.  I use lipgloss daily and I found that with the MAC Lipglass I am not using as much to keep my lips look great.  I have tried cheaper brands such as the ones from the 99 cent store and belive me they don't compare.  I just can't seem to want to use another brand.  Now as far as problems I have had was that it seems to attract bugs in high areas where there is bugs, but other than that a great product to use.

Not the price is something different it is not cheap buying this MAC Lipglass compared to other brands of lip gloss I find that it last longer than the others probably due to me not having to use as much and it last all day.  I would recommend using this product which again is expensive for lipgloss but you get more bang for your buck.

mac lipglass clear

from Houston, TX

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

I have been using this product for so many years,wow! And I use it to put over my eyeshadow for a glittery look,as a lipgloss by itself for a natural look. I also, use it over my favourite lipstick or color lipgloss for an extra glossy effect.It also,makes your lips more plump and juicy looking.Which I absolutely adore!If you have thin lips u will adore too(i don't have thin lips I'm actually full)Great for any day use,easy to store in your purse ,it looks very expensive,Yet, the price is only like 15 bucks,worth every penny if you ask me.Why wouldn't you buy and use this product on a daily basis?Go ahead ,you will be amazed about how much a product can help you look,yes i said i use this for many purposes ,including for my eyes just dab with a q-tip.Excellent consistensy glossy ,what it should be. I totally recommend this to all my friends,it was given to me by my sister a make up artist.

MAC Lipglass is a great product!

from Charlotte, NC

Pros

Cons

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

MAC lipglass is stick but lasts

from Opa Locka, FL

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

I have huge lips and lip gloss that is runny only makes them look bigger. The first time that I used MAC Lipglass I absolutely hated it, I had never felt a lip gloss so sticky. It felt weird, especially when my lips touched. I wasn't going to throw it out because of how much I paid for it, so I continued to wear it and grew to love it. I noticed that it lasted longer on my lips and didn't run off of my lips like other lip glosses do. I usually don't like shimmer, but the lip glass shades that I own aren't extremely shimmery, some of their shades are super shimmery though. Speaking of the shades, pink poodle and russian red are gorgeous, there are some really pretty colors to choose from which is another plus. If you use it regularly, it won't last very long. I like sponge applicators but I always feel like as it's running out, there's product left in the tube that I cannot get to with the tip of the applicator. The stickiness may tale some getting used to but it's a great product. I just wish it didn't cost fifteen bucks.

I love the lip glass

from Lansing, IL

Pros

Cons

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

Let me start by saying that I am a very simple person. I am not yet comfortable with makeup per se. However, I do love MAC's lip glass in clear. It has just the right shine to it for every day. So it can be worn to the office or work appropriately. And the tinted colors are still office appropriate for those of us who are a little more comfortable with color. Once applied it is thick enough to stay on for a while. But I must say that it is kind of gummy or sticky. And because of this reason I don't think it is good for kissing. I mean on a cheek or on lips because it will make the kissee sticky too. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of this product. Another concern I have with this product is the cost. Because it is really just a clear lip gloss it is a pricey indulgence. One that, more often than not, I am not able to indulge in. So, if you are able to financially try this product for its appearance and its longevity. But there are drugstore glosses that can fill the need just as well.

I prefer tinted MAC lipglass to the clear one..

from Cambria Heights, NY

Comments about MAC Lipglass (Clear & Tinted) - All Shades:

I wear these shades in the TINTED lipglass: Suprememe (similar to Oh Baby), 3N (neutral), paired with Chestnut lip pencil. Some say it's sticky but I'm used to it and I love these lipglasses.

I used to wear the clear lipglass all the time in college. I do not mind that MAC lipglass clear is sticky. It gives a nice shine however, do not wear too much. You'll look like you just ate some mad greasy food. lol.