Other Lips:
MAC Glimmerglass - Blackware

MAC Glimmerglass - Blackware

Great shine/shade, terrible bleeding. Lipliner is a must.

from Everett, WA

Comments about MAC Glimmerglass - Blackware:

When I heard MAC was coming out with a black lipglass, I became really excited - especially as I'd missed out on Lancome's Piha Black a few seasons ago.

While this product looks great on - high shine, with a bold, dramatic shade that can be applied very subtly if desired (this is definitely a gloss to use over lipstick, as it enhances any shade nicely, from pale neutrals to outright black...looks especially great over reds), it suffers from one big drawback - namely, it bleeds terribly. This definitely requires lipliner - you may even want to use a primer first.

One other minor issue I've had is that when combined with certain lipsticks, rather than sitting on top, it quickly blends into the lipstick as if they were produced as a single shade. I particularly noticed this when used with MAC Ruby Woo (which has the "retro matte" finish). Also, the attached lipbrush is a bit difficult to get used to.

That aside, I'm still glad I bought this product - black lipgloss is a rare find, let alone one with just the right shine and great weight (some complain that it's "sticky", but I prefer my lip products on the heavier side). It will definitely take some preparation, but I recommend a semi-sheer black lipgloss such as this one for every beauty kit, no matter what the wearer's style - it is perhaps unexpectedly versatile.