Other Eyeshadows:

MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades

Pros

Cons

Sultry Eyes in 5 minutes

I know I can't be the only woman out there who goes holiday shopping for others but *accidentally* buys a few things for herself. I suspect a primitive hunting/gathering mechanism kicks in when I see those deals exclaiming "Buy two and get the third one free!" for things like fleece pullovers. I end up buying stuff I'd never touch if it weren't on sale.

If you're going to *accidentally* buy yourself something this holiday season, then it might as well be something pretty and useful. Save yourself from the fleece sweater trap and wander over to your nearest **MAC counter** to get yourself the **MAC Royal Assets Eyeshadow** **Palette in Warm Eyes**. With six well-rounded shadows, the palette is my current go-to palette for work look.

Typically I don't go for palettes. Either I don't like all the colors, or you don't get a lot of eyeshadow in them, or something or another, but I could not resist the wonderful colors in this one! It's easy to go from work to party with this palette, something I'm always looking for because I'm tired of carrying around a million little pots of eyeshadow and fifty-two eyeliner pencils in my purse, my damn purse weighs a million pounds! I also love the brushes that come with this. Not a single nasty foamy thingy on a stick to be found, rather you get actual little brush you can use to create a wide array of looks, you can even use them to apply the shadow as liner!

Play with the colors and you won't be disappointed. I give MAC 5 stars.

Do you get what you pay for?

The MAC line carries many great makeup and brushes. But they are mostly known for their high-pigmented eyeshadow. I won't lie, it is extremely bright in pigment, and they have a wonderful array of colors to pick from. Another plus is they last and smoothe in pretty easily. Unfortunately, a lot of eyeshadows from MAC are extremely chalky. I would recomend a shadow primer before use you WILL have makeup on your top cheekbone after an hour. However, lighter pigmented colors generally have a little shimmer in them, making them (somehow) smoother and glide more easily across the skin. The packaging is well designed, visual wise. But if you drop it, even from a small distance, the shadow and case break. Not very practical.

Departing from the shadow itself, the store in general is very small, crowded, and the employees and always busy or in the back rooms. They offer makeovers, which I had tried. I looked... unemployable, lets just say.

So, do you pay for what you get? No.

Eyeshadows are amazing

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

I tried MAC as a makeover and I fell in love with their eyeshadows. All different shades and you can mix and match them. I have some problems with the glitter shadows, they tend to leave glitter all over my face and counter, even when I tap the brush, but still worth the cleanup (when I rarely wear those) when I want my eyes to stand out.

I find the quality of MAC shadows varies based on shade

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

Some MAC eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, easy to work with, blendable, and smooth. Others are chalky and powdery with very light pigmentation. I think that they vary highly based on the particular finish and shade. I would definitely swatch a shade before buying it. The selection is wonderful and there are some extremely high quality gems but be careful because some colors are not so great.

Best pigments

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

Prior to my personal discovery of Mac I was a drug store make-up type of girl. I didn't know much about make-up or have the best application techniques. I was introduced to Mac products by a close relative and I must say their eye shadows are the best I've had the pleasure of using. I like Mac shadows because a little goes a long way and I don;t constantly need to shop for eyeshadow only to find out once I leave the store the pigment is different or glittery. I've noticed Mac shadow pigments are extremely dense and provide longer/better coverage for the eye area. I can appreciate the value of the shadows and now visit Mac for nearly all of my make-up needs.

MAC Eyeshadow is the BEST eyeshadow I ever used!!!!!!!!!!

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

I've been using MAC Eyeshadow for close to 10 years and it is the BEST eyeshadow I ever used. I was never big on makeup until I discovered MACs eyeshadows. They're wonderfully vibrant. The colors are beautiful and they have long staying power and blend VERY easily. They're are a little pricey but they are WORTH IT! Be aware they do not come with an applicator but you can purchase one easily. I actually liked their brand so much and the counter people are very friendly that I purchased other MAC products (i.e. brushes, concealers, lipsticks and more). You can either purchase the eyeshadow in little pots or you can purchase it in a pan which then slips into the eyeshadow palette holder with 4 eyeshadow spots or more. I personally like this so I know where all my eyeshadows are and it's easy to take along with me wherever I go. I suggest if you aren't already a MAC Makeup User that you go today and check it out.

Loads of colors, great value!

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

MAC has always been a tried and true brand for me, and I had always wanted to try out their eye-shadow as I had previously used all of their skincare products. And I was definitely not disappointed. I had ordered a golden tone color for my teenage daughter, and she has gotten so many compliments from her friends on it. She remarked that it lasted all day, didn't smudge, and didn't even wash off when it was raining. She also has this bad habit of rubbing her eyes, and she said that the MAC eye-shadow got less smudged compared to the other brands when she did this.
In terms of this color selection, I am absolutely amazed. I am a big fan of the smokey-eye look, and MAC makes it easy to achieve just this.
I currently own 4 of these MAC eye-shadows, and I am not disappointed by a single one of the colors, and I think the price is perfectly reasonable for this product.
Overall, this product is great for the value and offers a delighting amount of variety in colors that both adults and teenagers alike would adore.

Long lasting, great color

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

MAC eyeshadows that I have purchased have lasted me years, even the ones that I use every day. MAC probably has the greatest selection of colors and shades and types of eyeshadows out of any prime makeup brand. They work best, however, if you buy primer as well. Without the primer, they don't always shade out very evenly and they tend to rub off easier, I think. Most of the colors are pretty true on the skin as to what it appears to be in the case, except the more matte, glittery, or iridescent shadows tend to change on skin. The eyeshadows are packed pretty tight but I don't feel the need to break them up. I haven't had a problem with them breaking unexpectedly, unless they fall from high heights. Overall, I'd say that MAC eyeshadows are worth the money and I don't think I could switch back to drugstore eyeshadow and I've experimented with other prime makeup brands that either just aren't as fun color-wise, or don't feel right or last long enough.

Clown makeup?

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

Mac Cosmetics would be the Starbucks of cosmetics or the coach of cosmetics. If one is looking for a very well made product and want the bang for their buck then this is the make up you need to try. Their products are very clean, durable, and are a very high brow product. They are a little on the pricey side but more than worth it if one cares at all about cosmetics!

Mac eyeshadows are a Great Value for a Quality Product.

from Lake Elmo, MN

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

As a rule I prefer designer eyeshadow s. My favs are Channel and Lancome. Mac offers an equally quality product as the higher priced shawdows at a fraction of the cost. My personal fav is the bright sapphire blue. I use it at the outer edges, top and bottom, over my liner for a more colorful and dramatic effect. It does not look as though you just waltzed out of a brothel because the colors are "true". The little rounds are great for your purse and do not take up much space. The drawback is that the applicator is not included. Each container really lasts even with daily use, you will have more than a year's worth of product.
Remember the recycle program. Just return 5 used containers to the Mac store for a free lipstick. The price just got better!

Only eye shadow I wear

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

MAC eye shadow is the only eye shadow I will wear now. I used to wear cheap brands from Wal-Mart but then I tried my mom's MAC and I haven't found any better brands since then. MAC eye shadow is a bit expensive compared to some other brands but the containers last a long time and the eye shadow stays on very well. This eye shadow is so good that I've worn it in the pool, ocean, and lake and it still looked good. This eye shadow doesn't crease like my old eye shadow did which is nice because before I started wearing MAC my eye shadow would be creased on my eyelid before the end if the day. There are a ton of MAC eye shadow shades so anyone can wear this eye shadow whether they're looking for bright and fun colors or nudes.

Vibrant, Beautiful Colors

from Dpo, AP

Comments about MAC Eyeshadow - All Shades:

I bought this item for my 17 year old Sister in Law, and snagged it for 17.99. She was thrilled with the gift. Everyone asked where I bought it, and if it was expensive. The colors are VERY vibrant, and they are extremely long lasting. Unfortunately, one of the colors (black) had broken during shipment. When I opened the package to check the contents, the eye shadow had transferred from the box all over my hands and dropped on my carpet. I had to whip out the steam cleaner just to get the stain out. Now THAT is some high quality pigment! I would recommend this palette over the pricier department store brands. I'm picking one up for myself now.  BUT, if I were going to do it all over again, I'd just buy one of the 88 palettes from [...], which from what I can tell is basically the same eyeshadow, except with over twice as many colors for a cheaper price.I would buy this brand makeup again, and I recommend this to anyone looking for great bright eyeshadow.